Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Gods War: D&D 5e and OOC thread  (Read 13732 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods War: D&D 5e and OOC thread
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2015, 03:33:03 pm »

I think the human wealth levels are wrong.
Do I need to wait until next turn to finish my exploration action, or did their moves get replenished as a first turn bonus?
Will the military patrols uncover any secret points of interest?
Are the patrols specifically for housed soldiers, or will soldiers camped in a town (or in the wilderness) patrol?

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2015, 04:56:03 pm »

I think the human wealth levels are wrong.
Do I need to wait until next turn to finish my exploration action, or did their moves get replenished as a first turn bonus?
Will the military patrols uncover any secret points of interest?
Are the patrols specifically for housed soldiers, or will soldiers camped in a town (or in the wilderness) patrol?

* Good catch on the wealth. Had to redo some stuff and forgot to redo the sacrifices.
* Yeah, all the scouting teams returned to base instantly this turn because I wasn't clear about how that should work ahead of time. Won't happen again.
* Patrols would be along supply lines, you mean? If you manage to build a road on top of a POI and fill it with dudes, well... Anything "hidden" is hidden well enough that the Scouting Team didn't notice it while actively looking, but if you build a road on top of a POI and staff it with dudes, I'd give a reasonable chance per turn that someone stumbles across it.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2015, 05:21:24 pm »

* Patrols would be along supply lines, you mean? If you manage to build a road on top of a POI and fill it with dudes, well... Anything "hidden" is hidden well enough that the Scouting Team didn't notice it while actively looking, but if you build a road on top of a POI and staff it with dudes, I'd give a reasonable chance per turn that someone stumbles across it.
No, I mean the patrols from having soldiers in a town, protecting from ambushes.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2015, 11:50:30 pm »

No, I mean the patrols from having soldiers in a town, protecting from ambushes.
If you built a town on top of a POI, probably someone would notice, yeah.

The mission to clear the mountain pass guard tower won with 4 3 votes. Of the other four options, three had 2 votes. Dang close.
Since the mission area is in the Inner Circle area, we'll just... ignore the rations you need for travelling. If you want to stay at the mission site for more than a couple days, you'll need to bring some with you.
Since the adventurers aren't officially staying with one of the Civs right now, you'll be receiving no support from them for this mission.

The sessions will usually start at 7PM CST, but after a bit of poking around concerning schedules, for werty's sake I'd like to move this week's session start time forward to 5:30 (the time I put the server up for the connection test last Sunday). I'll start the server a while beforehand, and the civ players are welcome to show up. Are any of the D&D group not able to make it for that?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 12:04:45 am by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2015, 01:16:11 am »

Works just fine for me.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2015, 02:46:14 am »

I notice that the poll is set to expire. IIRC, once a poll expires on this forum software, it can never be touched again.

I haf FIXED it!
Hee hee hee.

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2015, 02:20:25 pm »

Sorry I took so long to post, I was pondering my decisions.  I decided to ponder less and take actions now so I don't hold things up.
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2015, 06:29:08 pm »

GM questions: Which population do crafters draw their market from? Just the town/city, or is it empire-wide?
If I have 240 people and sacrifice for 250, can I immediately convert 25 instead of 24?
If I have a full city, and buy crafters on the same turn I build their houses, do they earn money or do they idle?
Groups are free to take food and materials from adjacent towns and supply lines, right? Can they full load up, or is it restricted to what they're using now?
When do horses from a stable expire?

Omeganaut:
The Scouting Team is a physical unit. Sending soldiers with them isn't needed, is risky, and makes them a bit slower.
You're only using 27k wealth, of 28k. There's probably no reason to save that last thousand at this stage. (Trading very likely requires physically carrying the wealth, which would give you a turn to get it.)
You can't convert more than 10% of your population/turn, which is either 20 or 22 depending on Shoruke's answer to the above.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2015, 01:42:49 am »

GM questions: Which population do crafters draw their market from? Just the town/city, or is it empire-wide?
If I have 240 people and sacrifice for 250, can I immediately convert 25 instead of 24?
If I have a full city, and buy crafters on the same turn I build their houses, do they earn money or do they idle?
Groups are free to take food and materials from adjacent towns and supply lines, right? Can they full load up, or is it restricted to what they're using now?
When do horses from a stable expire?

Just that town,
they craft,
I'm not sure I understand the question but I think the answer is yes,
When the pop reaches their destination and then tries to move again.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2015, 12:52:48 am »

I send my Scouting Party to the North west, Three Tiles.
Could have sworn I mentioned that movement does not use diagonals.

Take 20 laborers and 20 soldiers, go 2 spaces north-west, and create a settlement.
You'll probably want to specify how much food and materials those guys are bringing with them. For a start, 40 people can't carry 3,000 Materials with them.

The Hills of Technology
Build a road one tile to the south.
How much pop are you sending?
How much food/Materials are they bringing?

Send Scouting Team of 5 soldiers NW to Mountain Pass Tower
This action is... confusing.
Scouting teams are considered entirely separate from pop, they don't even consume food, and are listed separately in your towns.
I guess you could send soldiers as "scouts" to gauge an enemy's CR, but they would do it by fighting and getting thoroughly wrecked.
The Mountain Pass Tower is actually northeast of BadJack...
And the adventurers are already going there. Unless they fail hard, they'll probably just take care of that for you.
Although this action is not just valid but clever, in a Drunk-Fu kind of way, in that if/when the adventurers do manage to take the Guard Tower, then you've already got people manning it.

Quote from: Urlance Woolsbane
<absolutely nothing in the last 10 days>
You really aught to bother participating in games you sign up for. If you haven't posted an action by midday Monday, I'll consider that your resignation from the game.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 12:54:59 am by Shoruke »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2015, 09:33:06 am »

Urist McDwarf: Why are you keeping so much wealth in reserve? You get more wealth income for spending it.
If you're saving materials for something, you might want to get your laborers started on it, since they'll take a while to build.

Shoruke: What's with Urist's settlement costs? Are settlements built house-by-house instead of all at once?
May I take Urlance's turn if he doesn't show up, and govern his town until someone claims it?

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2015, 09:55:17 am »

Sorry, I thought scouting groups were made of soldiers.  You didn't specify that scouting groups were independent agents that were separate from population.  In that case, no soldiers on the scout.  And I did mix up east and west there, sorry.  I'll try to double check my directions so I don't do that again.
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2015, 03:42:06 pm »

Shoruke: What's with Urist's settlement costs? Are settlements built house-by-house instead of all at once?
May I take Urlance's turn if he doesn't show up, and govern his town until someone claims it?

Well, you can't build a house if you don't have the materials for it, right? He's got only a few of the materials there, so he can only get so much of the work done.

As for you governing a second town... ehh...
...My first instinct is to run it myself on GM Autopilot. I open to having my mind changed if the other members of the community don't mind. Thoughts, everyone? Anyone willing to vote yea/nay for Nirur (temporarily?) controlling two civs?

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2015, 04:36:16 pm »

Well, you can't build a house if you don't have the materials for it, right? He's got only a few of the materials there, so he can only get so much of the work done.

...My first instinct is to run it myself on GM Autopilot. I open to having my mind changed if the other members of the community don't mind. Thoughts, everyone? Anyone willing to vote yea/nay for Nirur (temporarily?) controlling two civs?

Why is he controlling 2 civs?

Also towns that are GM run should be opt in.

Edit: Never mind on the second part read the post wrong.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 05:33:57 pm by tntey »
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2015, 04:54:44 pm »

Urist's New Settlements:
Still Under Construction.
20 / 500 Materials
2 / 50 CP
Settlements cost more than that.

How much does a human settlement cost? It's not completely clear if it counts as 1.25x "other city project" or not(or if it gets the 1.5x from housing since most of its cost is from houses).

I offered in an attempt to stave off "nobody wants to join and now I'm running two players, why am I even bothering with this" syndrome.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9