Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Gods War: D&D 5e and OOC thread  (Read 13735 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Expertise only doubles your proficiency modifier, not your entire bonus. So your stealth is actually at +7, not +10. :P

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile

Expertise only doubles your proficiency modifier, not your entire bonus. So your stealth is actually at +7, not +10. :P
I'm a moron. Fixed now.

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile

I am applying for the Stout Halflings as the Scribe of the Democratically Elected Negotiators Intelligently Administering Law, or the DENIAL scribe for short.  Why you silly humans think it stands for something silly in your silly language is beyond us.  It is Named after the legendary General Denial, who was asked to take a dictatorial position to defend our nation.  Instead, he invented Republican Democracy overnight, which so stirred our patriotic temper, that we destroyed the invading force that was threatening a debate at the time. (which may have been collateral damage from the Amplified Sound Spreading and Energizing Structure, but what works, works!)

Our capital is named BadJack, after a donkey so stubborn that the original settlers gave up trying to get it out of the stream and built their town around it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile

I suppose I should actually judge some of these sheets.

*some time later*
Only thing I noticed that would make me say a sheet isn't valid is that werty only spent 26 of his 27 point-buy points.

Other than that, my only complaints are nitpicks. Like the Fighter not being a caster yet. Or the word "rouge" (unless it's a man-whore joke at your character's expense...). Or that nobody calculated their overland movement speed. Or Tyler's writing. Or the weapon stat columns half the time. Or the...

I should stop nitpicking and point out how great it is that someone's build is based around smacking people with a chair and then grappling them. :P
Normally, the chair itself would take damage when you use it as a weapon, but since you took a feat and it isn't game-breaking and it's actually pretty funny, we'll just ignore the damage. Personally I'd have gone with a cocktail table, but what works, works.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 11:22:42 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I should stop nitpicking and point out how great it is that someone's build is based around smacking people with a chair and then grappling them. :P
Normally, the chair itself would take damage when you use it as a weapon, but since you took a feat and it isn't game-breaking and it's actually pretty funny, we'll just ignore the damage. Personally I'd have gone with a cocktail table, but what works, works.
Why, thank you! The idea behind the chair is that, in American wrestling, one of the classic gags is to hit your opponent with a chair. I thought it was only appropriate.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile

I suppose I should actually judge some of these sheets.

*some time later*
Only thing I noticed that would make me say a sheet isn't valid is that werty only spent 26 of his 27 point-buy points.
Herp, derp. Fixed, guess I missed that point

Or the word "rouge" (unles it's a man-whore joke at your character's expense...).
Let's pretend that was intended :P I get that messed up all the time.

Apocryphan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd like to apply for the 5e game.
I've never done up a character in 5th before, so I fear I may have overlooked obvious flaws. The crunch is 100% down, and before I properly flesh out the backstory etc. I'd appreciate if you can give it a quick once over.

The character is Otto Meribraun, Human Wizard. He's built for small but potent combos, area-denial, and adaptability. If pressed, he can output very respectable damage, but he needs to be a bit close for comfort.

Edit: Embarrassingly neglected the character sheet URL, whoops. http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=618014
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 11:35:32 am by Apocryphan »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can you post a link to the sheet in the thread?

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Race: High Elves
Civ: The Coalition of Potoos
Starting settlement: Moooooooooooooompacked
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Apocryphan, how did you even get a score of 18 on a human?
Max you can get with point buy is 15...
plus 1 racially, and 1 from your feat, the max should be 17?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile

Can I sign up for the civ game?
Lightfooted halflings, please.
"Swift Hands"
I may sign up for the 5e DND later, but I'm a tad busy right now..
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can only sign up for one of the two games at a time...
You *can* change your application before the games start, though. So I guess for now I'll add you to the civ game?

I'm looking at having a connection-test session for MapTools on Sunday evening, to make sure everyone is able to use the program and connect to the game, and has a token to use, and I can school you all in the basics of MapTools macros if you need it, etc. etc. I'll start the civ game on Monday, and the first actual D&D campaign session will be the second Sunday from now. (need time for the community to vote on a mission, and then create the relevant maps, you see)

Of course, it looks like the D&D adventurers are having the "nobody wants to play cleric" problem, so... options.
I don't really like DMPCs, but I could whip up a healerbot cleric, and have him follow you all around. I'd deliberately make him a Human Doormat, personality-wise.
Or, we could rely on the Grapple-Bard to use Cure Light Wounds a lot.
Or maybe someone else will apply, which would be super great.

Apocryphan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks! This is exactly why I needed a check-over: the only restriction I encountered regarding skill is the feat won't raise int over 20. A second look at the PHB shows I should never have trusted that point buy calculator I used as it didn't provide hard limits. Well, that's sour, but changes will go up momentarily. If I have derped over anything else, please mention.

Edit: Changes are live
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 01:46:53 pm by Apocryphan »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Or, we could rely on the Grapple-Bard to use Cure Light Wounds a lot.
That was the plan.
I'm going to fluff his spellcasting as just shouting at people.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9