Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 37

Author Topic: Re: Dominions 4 Round 18: More Worser Things (Hashed NationGen) - game finished  (Read 104118 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 18: More Worser Things (Hashed NationGen) - Game underway
« Reply #345 on: February 28, 2016, 09:29:26 pm »

Echo that... not having the problem m'self. Also don't know how to fix it, heh. I think my best guess for an attempt would be to try it in html mode and see if it gives you some sort of response option... the support pages on the subject seem to suggest there should be one, but there's not one in that screenie.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 29, 2016, 04:16:38 am »

I will say that the erratic bug with some custom weapon damage is perfectly ridiculous - I'd heard elsewhere that it was cosmetic, but in that Ita-vs-Tuy fight Ita's kopesh-wielding warriors did indeed appear to be landing billion-point hits.

What really?...... Well against Shiium's light infantry it was hard to tell and could just be confirmation bias, but downing Tuyudu's gift of health boosted giants in a few hits? Damn.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 29, 2016, 10:17:42 am »

Watch the replay and press 3 for high-detail logs. When the first Tuyuda troops - heavy cav - hit your lines, the swordsmen are consistently failing to penetrate their armor by amounts ranging from 0 to -13 or so, and then the engine factors in the slashing damage type, the damage becomes a bit over a billion, and the cavalry dies. It doesn't look like it's cosmetic...

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 29, 2016, 03:15:42 pm »

So Arcane Nexus, eh? Being the noob I am, how much of a spells gem costs does it roughly cut off and deliver to the enchantment owner?

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 29, 2016, 03:34:28 pm »

I think the spell description says half.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 29, 2016, 04:08:06 pm »

The owner of Arcane Nexus gets 1/4 of the casting cost in Astral gems, as per Da Manual.

Hatman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 29, 2016, 06:21:54 pm »

Forging also generates pearls, but I believe spells cast in battles don't. Not that one quarter of fog warriors or maws of the earth is going to amount to much even if they do.

Regarding bugged Khopeshes (khopeshi?), should we just mod them to broadswords (or some other close equivalent) and call it a day?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 29, 2016, 07:51:43 pm »

The mod that matters is on Llamaserver and we can't change it, so for this game we're at Illwinter's mercy in re: patch deployment. So pretty much the sooner KO finishes Ys (well, yes, and JK actually fixes the horribad custom weapon bug) the sooner those of us with custom weapons cease to (sometimes) be ridiculously, buggily overpowered.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 29, 2016, 08:06:42 pm »

Are you sure that they're actually overpowered? I was taking some hits, and it seemed to me that I was getting hit for  -10,737,418 damage. Certainly I didn't have my troops dying in one-shot-kills.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 29, 2016, 08:25:35 pm »

It's erratic. Your experience is consistent with some others', but Itamon was definitely killing units whose armor they failed to penetrate.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hooray! I was just able to get my turn files. Still not sure what the problem was, but another resend did the trick.

Unfortunately, I'm going to need a 12h extension as I'm not going to be able to get to the turn before I head to work in the morning. Please and thank you! :)
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Hatman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Updating on the weird khopesh situation, it seems units killed by -21589780 damage in battle replays aren't necessarily listed among units killed after the battle, which may mean the glitch is only affecting replays.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, sorry about this - Just got the 12 hour warning as I'm about to head to work.

I'll need an additional 12, if I could. Thanks.

Never mind - managed to get it done.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 06:52:00 pm by AlStar »

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Requesting 12h extension so I can not be trying to make my stomach be outside my body when I do my turn.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pushed 12h. You have my sympathies - that's a struggle I've been on the wrong end of too frequently this winter.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 37