Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33

Author Topic: EOTFS: Emperor Wars Mod 2nd Game - Game Over.  (Read 57543 times)

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: EOTFS: Emperor Wars Mod 2nd Game - Elections! Murder! War!
« Reply #285 on: April 21, 2016, 05:00:35 pm »

Does anyone know if there's a good unit viewer where you plug in a unit.dat file and can more easily read all the information about them? Rank, tech, etc. If one doesn't exist, I think I'm going to go ahead and make one

joulupunikki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Phoenix, an EFS patch/remake
« Reply #286 on: April 21, 2016, 05:58:50 pm »

Does anyone know if there's a good unit viewer where you plug in a unit.dat file and can more easily read all the information about them? Rank, tech, etc. If one doesn't exist, I think I'm going to go ahead and make one

Here is an ODF spreadsheet of the current game unit.dat. I did a bit of preprocessing to get the dat-file into LibreOffice. Sorted by MT/Rank

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7pbLNesu2qwM2lMRm5JSXZoV0k

« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 06:02:10 pm by joulupunikki »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 22, 2016, 08:11:17 am »

While I find most of the regular .dat file easy enough to read in notepad, I can't for shit understand the tech requirements. I.e. what number refers to what tech. If anyone has this well groked, and would like to make it easily referable, that'd be grand.
A proper tech tree would also be a godsend. Right now I'm just choosing techs 'cause I like their names, and what I imagine they stand for, basically. Which while probably accurately reflecting the actual scientific discovery process, is less than optimal in a competitive game.

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
  • ...You up for a little unsanctioned mining?
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 22, 2016, 02:20:46 pm »

How's the turn looking folks?

All I know is a technology labeled 'Nuclear Weapons' does not in fact let you build them to my immense disappointment.

Gollor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 23, 2016, 03:59:47 am »

How's the turn looking folks?

All I know is a technology labeled 'Nuclear Weapons' does not in fact let you build them to my immense disappointment.

Low-possibly I will do it today or tomorrow. But you should better expect it in a week...

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 23, 2016, 01:10:54 pm »

Right now I'm just choosing techs 'cause I like their names

That's my approach too. And each one I think "ah, THIS is the one that will unlock a great unit". Then nothing I care much about is unlocked when it's done.

Gollor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 24, 2016, 05:33:10 pm »

Turn Sent!

"Live by the sword, die by the sword"

Dear Lord Lazarus,

We are greatly disappointed by you and your actions.

No human country can be constructed and based upon lies and treason. The mutual understanding and respect are the basis for any society, country or government, and if nation isn't designed to fall it should keep and save this primordial footing of humanity. 

In the old ages the honest knights were fighting in the joust tournament. Be it for their own pleasure, for fulfilment or to resolve the dispute, they were following the code of honor. No one of them achieved respect, success or love by breaking it, by breaking the primordial rules of humanity.

In the history many nations emerged, and almost no less fallen. We can speculate on the reasons of their economical and political distress, but it is the well known truth that the moral putrefaction preceded the fall.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. By breaking the rules of warfare, by using the high crown forces as your own toys and by usurping the rules of humanity you doom Empire to fall.

We are asking ourselves - is this retribution for our lives or is this another obstacle to live through?!

P.S. Prepare your capital to eat a few bombs! I personally checked them to be no less destructible then the nuclear ones!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 05:35:31 pm by Gollor »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 24, 2016, 05:48:07 pm »

Dear Rockefeller

Save your falsehoods for propaganda agitation amongst your peasants. Every senator sees that you are the aggressor in this war, it is your motives that are greedy, selfish and impure, it is you who have wounded and tarnished Imperial Ministries, and it is you who is responsible for all that your family has suffered so far - just as it is you who will bring on yourself the fate you so self-assuredly prophesize for us, the blind, misinformed fool that you are.

-Lazarus Hazat, serving Regent, Master of the Eye

joulupunikki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Phoenix, an EFS patch/remake
« Reply #293 on: April 26, 2016, 07:37:40 pm »

Turn sent

Turn Sent
=========================================
As the 'Flyby Incident' has so clearly illustrated, greater communication must be maintained between Hawkwood inhabitants of Tethys and the Imperial Fleet Planetary Defenders. In order to better foster trade and growth for the prosperity of all, House Hawkwood would like to purchase additional holdings for those freemen that wish to enjoy a more pleasant climate than the frigid cold of metropolitan Delphi.

The Chancellery is willing to offer 15,000 firebirds per holding directly to treasury of the Imperial Fleet Commander, just think of the additions that could be made to the space forces of the Empire. Naturally we will communicate what locations new settlers are interested in. Three new cities are being planned but the number can be negotiated.

Has the climate gone too cold on Ravenna, Gwynneth and Leminkainen also ? And what of Bannockburn ?

Peaceful settlement is acceptable. We instruct all parties to abstain from building farms, arboriums, wells and mines until the planetary survey is complete so that the fleet geologists may properly appraise the value of the claimed land. With more recon forces on the way the survey should be finished by 4979.

Being in the role of a minister, accepting anything but non-negotiable assets as compensation for the right of settlement is problematic as the transparency of governance would be virtually non-existent.

In this case, you have the choice of donating to charity. A standard fee of 10,000 firebirds, or 20 gems, donated (disbanded) to the church per settlement is sufficient. Also, we are not above, or below, accepting payments directly to the fleet. In that case, 20 gems, or 10,000 firebirds worth of other assets, left near a fleet office, to be legally claimed by fleet procurators.

Yours truly, Flav Li-Sun Kung-Zhau, Commander of the Fleet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hot Gossip News exclusive: Hawkwood "starport" uncovered on Tethys.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 26, 2016, 09:19:34 pm »

Turn sent

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
  • ...You up for a little unsanctioned mining?
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 26, 2016, 10:43:18 pm »

Peaceful settlement is acceptable. We instruct all parties to abstain from building farms, arboriums, wells and mines until the planetary survey is complete so that the fleet geologists may properly appraise the value of the claimed land. With more recon forces on the way the survey should be finished by 4979.

This would be acceptable to prospective settler groups, we shall not build any harvesting settlements and will alert you to any new locations that the freemen of House Hawkwood would like to live. It will most likely be new electronic and chemical factories.

As we are still regrettably at war with the Patriarch, we shall announce firebird transfers to you.

In the spirit of goodwill, I wish to offer the Fleet Commander our full map of Tethys, to save him some time and prove that there is no funny business going on...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How did that get there.
As the main clientele of this 'establishment' are in fact pilots and spacers, we still claim this as a starport for tax purposes.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 27, 2016, 08:08:16 am »

How did that get there.
As the main clientele of this 'establishment' are in fact pilots and spacers, we still claim this as a starport for tax purposes.
Judging by the 'elite' status of the said fallen women, men and assorted aliens (we're not judging), it was a lot of taxes.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 27, 2016, 10:10:28 pm »

Turn sent.

The merchant embraced the Decados special forces with a joyous fervor. To see the menace Hazat on Pandemonium routed filled the Leaguemeister's followers with tears. Finally someone would stand up for the merchant league and the criminal actions conducted against them by Lazarus. What had happened to the Leaguemeister? Why were their votes absconded by the Hazat?

The 1st Decados fleet now docked at Byzantium II. Lady Gorakhan sent the message to the lead ship of the Hazat forces stationed there. It read:

"My dearest Lazarus, by now I am sure you will have heard of the actions we have taken against your Imperial Eye command in our domain. Your egregious theft of the scepters on Leagueheim certainly could not go unpunished, nor your assassinations on the throne world using ministry forces. You may peacefully surrender your unlawful scepters, so as to restore the balance dear Vladimir secured for us all, or you can spit upon his grave. I wouldn't dare impose upon you and make any suggestions as to which course you take. Yours truly, Zebulon II"

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 27, 2016, 10:21:30 pm »

Oh, damn! Looks like the Eye Operatives on Byzantium will have to do some more avenging of their fallen brethren! Guys can't get a day off lately.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 27, 2016, 10:23:24 pm »

Not to worry - any Decados blood spilled there shall be made up tenfold on Hazat worlds.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33