Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33

Author Topic: EOTFS: Emperor Wars Mod 2nd Game - Game Over.  (Read 57571 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: EOTFS: Emperor Wars Mod 2nd Game - Game Started!
« Reply #135 on: January 12, 2016, 02:48:26 pm »

Alright, I'll send the turn onward to Kebooo and we can carry on.

Good to have you here, j.

(Margrave, get yer ass together and finish the ruleset, so that the new player knows where he's standing!)whoops, you have. My bad. :D
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 02:52:13 pm by Il Palazzo »

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 12, 2016, 05:19:54 pm »

Turn sent.

"10,000?! Outrageous! These Leaguemeisters masquerading as holy men of De Moley really believe a city in the barren wastelands is worth that much?" Zebulon II frothed. One of his eyelids could be seen twitching.

"This price was negotiated down, my liege. Considerably." replied the grizzled aide-de-camp.

"Fine, send it. We'll cover the budget by raising taxes on travel to the southern continents of Severus. At least that should damage the tourist revenue to the church holdings there."

Zebulon II rolled over in his bed and went back to sleep.

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
  • ...You up for a little unsanctioned mining?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 12, 2016, 10:01:56 pm »

Turn Sent

Welcome aboard joulupunikki! Long may you bring the light of the Pancreator to vile heretics via consecrated flameguns.
==================================================================

"At last! We've driven the rebels from this ruined structure!"

A cheer went up from the bloodied band of regular army and elite infantrymen surrounding the wreckage of a hard fought battle. The Obun Seperatists had made the broken edifice their headquarters for resistance across the planet, now no more threatening than the icicles hanging from the roof. A Nobleman entered the former stronghold, triumphantly walked into the strongroom holding the enemies prized possessions and with the glee of boy opening his first Zebumas present, lifted the cover off a jeweled chest containing...

"Zebulon be praised! The Mirror of Forgiveness!"

At that moment the army could hear what sounded like hideous swearing from their beloved Duke, but that was impossible, he was two jumps distant from them...

Gollor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 13, 2016, 12:09:07 pm »

I sent turn a few hours ago. Forgot to post.
I wish to say, that I again had the same problem but now with Church. I believe this is because of the relic which increases my relationship with them, while I have good relationship with League through House trait. Not sure if this trait is a reason of it.
Currently, my debt is 50 000 fb. I sent it to League asking for a "future favor". I hope this will help.

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
  • ...You up for a little unsanctioned mining?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 13, 2016, 12:58:16 pm »

That certainly might influence it. Ultimately it isn't as important that the NPCs get the money as it is a House paying for it. I'm not even sure they pay upkeep.

We'd just need to find a way to spend 50,000 Firebirds in a wasteful manner. Stop thinking of beer.
Buy from agoras then disband the resources? Send to another player to send to the Church? Complicated and incredibly frustrating I know. Maybe you can go the Vau route and disband 50K and/or Vau # of gems?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 13, 2016, 01:04:57 pm »

Huh. I never had any problems with the NPCs accepting my money in the previous game, despite also playing as al-Malik.

joulupunikki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Phoenix, an EFS patch/remake
« Reply #141 on: January 13, 2016, 02:33:28 pm »

Sigh, I PM'd sk for the password, and only then noticed that Margrave had allready PM'd it ... well everything seems to work. Yes Margrave, looking at sk's plans, no matter how bizarre might help decide what to do next  :)

Thanks for all the welcomes, hope I can live up to expectations  8)

joulupunikki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 13, 2016, 04:36:35 pm »

I sent turn a few hours ago. Forgot to post.
I wish to say, that I again had the same problem but now with Church. I believe this is because of the relic which increases my relationship with them, while I have good relationship with League through House trait. Not sure if this trait is a reason of it.
Currently, my debt is 50 000 fb. I sent it to League asking for a "future favor". I hope this will help.

I have actually never taken a debt before. I just tried a test game, and apparently the league will automatically demand payments at end of turn, like "My Lord, the League demands XXX Imperial Firebirds. WIll you pay ?" Also, if I give money to the league without asking anything in return the money is accepted but it does not seem to decrease my debt. If you have debt and they aren't asking anything at the end of turn, then

1. a bug ?

2. be happy and burn that credit !

Mind you, if in EFS.EXE the debt is internally represented as a (unsigned) short integer then it will overflow at about 32k (or 65k if unsigned) resulting in unknown behaviour ... even if it is not, some intermediate debt calculation operations inside EFS.EXE might use shorts and overflow, and the result could be doubly confusing. At least when fiddling with unit stats, I get crash happy behaviour long before the stats would be maxed by their internal storage type.

Gollor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 13, 2016, 05:50:07 pm »

Oh, no, no. I didn't meant that kind of debt.
As we have decided at the start we will pay 10 000 fb to League/Church for any built structure on their controlled worlds. In total I have already built 5 structures, and League refuses to get my 50 000 fb in any way.

sk128234

• Bay Watcher
  • King Charles is dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 13, 2016, 06:37:40 pm »

glad you were able to find someone so quickly!  (i'm going to be gone this weekend so i would have looked like a trash can if you hadn't...)

i'll pm my notes over now.  good luck everyone, thanks for letting me join in!  maybe you'll get some propaganda as i get a little more time :)

sk128234

• Bay Watcher
  • King Charles is dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 13, 2016, 06:49:49 pm »

Dear Lords and Ladies,

You have surely noticed the absence of our great leader, Lady Olestra of the House Li Halan, as of late.  Normally we would excuse her absence as part of the plague rendered unto her by her namesake, but it is with great sorrow that we must report her passing from these worlds.

We expect that the new ruler of House Li Halan will report shortly, and they may report as much or as little detail as they see fit.  We continue to mourn, but we are confident that our new leader will be a bit more...present than the Lady Olestra was able.

Respectfully yours,
Squire Lloyd
Assistant Emeritus to the late Lady Olestra

joulupunikki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 14, 2016, 06:00:43 pm »

About to play now, but, (I should have confirmed this earlier  :-[) which version of EmperorWars is used ? I tried to google this thread but no luck. 3.4g is dated November 06, 2015, the same day that this game was announced ... but the save file I received (the color of the Vau worlds suggest they have no palaces) and the custom Unit.dat looks like it might be 3.4f ...  so is it 3.4f or 3.4g ?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 15, 2016, 06:44:31 am »

About to play now, but, (I should have confirmed this earlier  :-[) which version of EmperorWars is used ? I tried to google this thread but no luck. 3.4g is dated November 06, 2015, the same day that this game was announced ... but the save file I received (the color of the Vau worlds suggest they have no palaces) and the custom Unit.dat looks like it might be 3.4f ...  so is it 3.4f or 3.4g ?

Hehe, that's a good point to raise, as we didn't really make 100% sure that everyone's playing with the same files.

I've got all my game files, mod ver. 3.4g from this site:
https://sites.google.com/site/emperorwarsfadingsuns/home/emperor-of-the-fading-suns-emperor-wars---reality-mod---downlao
but I think the original unit.dat file I started working with was from 3.4f (not that it matters, as long as everybody uses the same one).

Is there anyone who hasn't got the above setup?

joulupunikki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 15, 2016, 09:52:24 am »

Hehe, that's a good point to raise, as we didn't really make 100% sure that everyone's playing with the same files.

I've got all my game files, mod ver. 3.4g from this site:
https://sites.google.com/site/emperorwarsfadingsuns/home/emperor-of-the-fading-suns-emperor-wars---reality-mod---downlao
but I think the original unit.dat file I started working with was from 3.4f (not that it matters, as long as everybody uses the same one).

Is there anyone who hasn't got the above setup?

Okay, I think I've got this one figured out now  ??? ... in 3.4g the Vau worlds have Vau controlled palaces and are dark gray on the galactic map. In the save I received from Gollor, the Vau worlds are white on the galactic map. So it looks like as original Li-Halan, sk started with 3.4f. But, since the only difference between 3.4f and 3.4g is in GALAXY.GAL and UNIT.DAT, and this game uses Il Palazzo's customized 3.4f UNIT.DAT, it really does not matter which version, f or g, is used, except for the original Li-Halan, who determines the GALAXY.GAL used. I guess we are effectively playing customized 3.4f.

... so unless I'm struck by a meteor strike, I'm gonna play now ...

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 15, 2016, 09:54:20 am »

The 'g' has some updated unit pics, so if it doesn't matter otherwise - it's prettier.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33