Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33

Author Topic: EOTFS: Emperor Wars Mod 2nd Game - Game Over.  (Read 57575 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: EOTFS: Emperor Wars Mod 2nd Game - The First Election
« Reply #180 on: January 26, 2016, 02:54:43 pm »

Symbiot hives are typically protected by heavy PTS fire. Bombardment is ill-advised.

ooc: Gollor, Margrave, we need your opinion on the issue with nobles on Byzantium.

Gollor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 26, 2016, 03:00:19 pm »

I support both that we should have no more then two lines of defenses (the holding itself and all bordering tiles), and that we shouldn't put nobles to fully blocked islands. I have already moved my forces to satisfy this rules.

I think Bror Fredrik could use all his spaceships firepower in a one attack. While this shouldn't damage fleet a lot, this will greatly hurt symbiots. Or, i am afraid, it will take 4-8 years to fully clean Stigmata from aliens.

Anyway, as long as skies are protected I will win over symbiots.

Also, I am curious. Is there any AI which plays as Stigmata? I have found some of my forces dispatched, and some were already given predicted movement orders.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 03:06:46 pm by Gollor »

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
  • ...You up for a little unsanctioned mining?
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 26, 2016, 04:00:45 pm »

I shall take your request into consideration, perhaps there are a few brave fighter pilots willing to hazard a scouting mission as I need exact coordinates to bombard.

As it stands the skies are free for now as the first Imperial Fleet action cleared away a small flotilla of podships and one "Rebel" Blowship.

ooc: I would support the one or two unit boundary and the use of small islands as long as there was a landing point for a potential assassin. It's not like we don't have an excess of Nobles at this point. I will regret these words.

joulupunikki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Phoenix, an EFS patch/remake
« Reply #183 on: January 27, 2016, 08:05:09 pm »

Turn sent

(details later)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 27, 2016, 09:37:27 pm »

Turn sent

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 27, 2016, 10:40:22 pm »

Turn sent. Along with 10,000 firebirds for another holding on De Moley

Chaos everywhere. Agoras burned to the ground by vicious airborne assaults launched by the Holy Church. Cruisers loyal to the Patriarch aflame over De Moley. Rebels roaming free, fighting Orthodox knights across countless worlds. This is what it has come to?

Lady Gorakhan mused. Why did her brother sit idly by? Now would be the perfect time to strike at the church, long illegitimate holders of one of Severus's most profitable mines. A menace near the home world. Luddites afraid of technological progress and deeper contact with the Vau. Human progress held back - why did Nikolai do nothing? Pompous, arrogant fool, absorbed in his cult of Zebulon he's reconstructed across the empire. I should've been the firstborn. I would have struck at the church with no fear in my heart. But Nikolai, so cautious, so calculated, what legacy or legend would he leave behind, taking no risks, planning every motion of his hand a year ahead of time?

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 28, 2016, 12:30:01 am »

Turn Sent

With the recent news of more cities falling to the ravenous and mucuousy Symbiots as well as an escape attempt by the creatures into orbit on a captured freighter we have conducted an orbital bombardment and destruction of a hive on the southern continent of Stigmata.

Losses were minimal, one fighter downed after braving enemy PTS fire(?!?!) that somehow the creatures cobbled together using spit, leaves and perseverance. However several cruisers were damaged in the attempt and it will not be repeated until reinforcements from the former Vau Border Armada arrive to relieve and eventually push back into the Quarantine Cluster.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 28, 2016, 12:53:35 am »

Wheee! What insane breakneck pace! Who will be the combo breaker? Who will bear the shame?

joulupunikki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 28, 2016, 11:30:02 am »

Duke Soong reviewed the latest report on exploration of ancient ruins. Let me guess, they found ... singularities ? Yes. How surprising. There were now enough in stock to construct a mighty fleet of dreadnoughts, if only we had all the other ingredients and the necessary technology. Like ancient Urth Romans with a galleon full of plutonium.

<censored>, captains log, <censored>:
So, somebody opened alien ruins on <censored>. And then we were left with some captive Warlocks and Xylls. There is not much to do with them but rid them of their misery, since they mysteriously appear mentally very unstable. Except ... the green party protests. They say that we cannot be inhuman and "disband" the captives to their constituent elements, all life is sacred and such. Instead, they suggest that we relocate them somewhere else where there are less Li-Halan peasants ...

Gollor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 29, 2016, 09:19:47 am »

This going to take some time I am afraid, a few more days. I was very heavily attacked by Church, and, well, I am waiting for even more losses. Partially I am even demoralized... Of course I am still willing to do my turns, but this one is going to be especially hard, and I have to decide on a few strategical points too.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 29, 2016, 09:24:21 am »

Last time we played, at one time I had lost 3/4 of Aylon to Church. It's only to be expected, considering the amount of units they have stationed in there.
In due time they were removed, as I'm sure they'll be in your case.

Gollor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 29, 2016, 09:30:35 am »

In Aylon I have almost no problems. Criticorum - this is a pain to me. By the start of conflict they had there a few parties, and now I see 13 cruisers of Pyre! I hope they will ignore me, this world is also full of League fiefs and parties too.

joulupunikki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 29, 2016, 10:31:23 am »

Many of the Emp Wars games I have observed seem to have converged to "The Dope Pope of no Hope from Holy Terra declaring war on everyone." ... the unholy union of trigger happy AI and church holdings everywhere. In vanilla, you had only the (Spanish) Inquisition to worry, but everyone expected that. Perhaps we should give Al-Malik some military aid ? Mustering large Jump capable expeditionary fleets is a problem at this stage of development, but I could open a new front by attacking church holdings on the Garden Worlds.

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 29, 2016, 04:02:58 pm »

The Li-Halan attacking the Church? If that isn't heresy I don't know what is.

As a fellow House combatting the excesses of the Patriarch, I formally offer my assistance to my fellow Noblemen and any who wish to cast off the shackles that one man has blasphemously imposed using the sweet and sacred name of Zebulon.

As Fleet Commander I am bound by Imperial Law to abstain from using the Fleet against its subjects without the approval of the Regency Council unless in self defense.

However, I believe I can speak for all of us when I say that the actions of this Patriarch endanger us all and we must bring all of our power against him!

edit: baby zebulon please forgive my spelling
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 06:36:54 pm by Margrave »

Gollor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 31, 2016, 01:57:54 am »

Turn sent.

Everything looks alright. I hope this cruisers bombarded League forces instead. Their only difference is the color!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33