Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33

Author Topic: EOTFS: Emperor Wars Mod 2nd Game - Game Over.  (Read 57540 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: EOTFS: Emperor Wars Mod 2nd Game - Game Started!
« Reply #105 on: December 29, 2015, 02:36:45 pm »

I think I'd prefer a flat rate, after all. 10000 a city makes it more expensive too, which I think is a good thing.

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
  • ...You up for a little unsanctioned mining?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 29, 2015, 07:51:36 pm »

I support a flat rate since its nice and simpler, also forbidding expansion on the Core worlds gives them at least a smidgen of extra defense against wily players. 

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 29, 2015, 07:56:55 pm »

Turn sent

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 29, 2015, 09:22:45 pm »

Which worlds constitute core Vau?

Also, turn sent

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 29, 2015, 11:17:05 pm »

Turn Sent

I believe it only applies to Shaduveen, maybe the Embassy world as well. I am suspicious of that planet, it just seems too perfect.
As in a perfect site for an ambush! House Hawkwood is withdrawing our Ambassador in the interests of preserving his bodily fluids.

Gollor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 30, 2015, 03:54:51 am »

Turn sent.

The remaining 15 000 firebirds are also sent. For some reason I thought that we agreed at 5000 per holding.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2016, 06:21:22 pm »

sent.  sorry for the delays, i'm hoping i'll be a little more reliable once the holidays have died down
Are they dead yet? ;)

sk128234

• Bay Watcher
  • King Charles is dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 03, 2016, 12:16:15 pm »

sent.  sorry for the delays, i'm hoping i'll be a little more reliable once the holidays have died down
Are they dead yet? ;)

starting today hopefully!  playing now

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 03, 2016, 01:17:24 pm »

Turn sent.

This goes like a breeze on my side.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 03, 2016, 04:17:55 pm »

Turn sent

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 03, 2016, 08:26:43 pm »

Turn Sent

It is with great regret that I must announce the death of one of my own Nobility.
Hadron Hawkwood died after colliding with an obstacle. We believe this obstacle was a missile.

Gollor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2016, 05:18:44 am »

Turn sent.

I have a problem - League rejects all my gifts. At first I tries to gift it 15 000, but it refused this money. Then I added the remaining money achieving 30 000 firebirds and it rejected again. Now my debt is 40 000, and, well, I am sure it will reject my money again. What should I do?

As Al Malik I have trait "friend in League", maybe it is the reason?

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2016, 09:03:55 am »

As far as I know, and this is not much, this anti social behavior from the League is normal. You can try asking for a future favor and see if it helps. Worst case scenario we can all just give it to the Church. I dont believe that any money we give to the League actually contributes to its Warchest, but I could be wrong.

joulupunikki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Phoenix, an EFS patch/remake
« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2016, 09:43:57 am »

As far as I know, and this is not much, this anti social behavior from the League is normal. You can try asking for a future favor and see if it helps. Worst case scenario we can all just give it to the Church. I dont believe that any money we give to the League actually contributes to its Warchest, but I could be wrong.

Here's what the Nova site has to say about the League (the stuff in bold deals with both of your questions.) Regarding loan repayments, I think the League will automatically demand payment at the end of turn.

Quote from: http://website.lineone.net/~rwein/nova/truth.htm#league
An agora is replenished whenever a League bulk hauler visits the planet. (Actually, it's replenished on the turn after the bulk hauler arrives at the planet.) When an agora is replenished, 4 types of resource revert to their original quantities (thus they may be increased or decreased). The 4 types will be one of the following groups:
1. Food - Energy - Metal - Trace
2. Trace - Exotica - Chemicals - Biochems
3. Biochems - Electronics - Ceramsteel - Wetware
4. Wetware - Monopols - Gems - Singularities

I think that agoras on Leagueheim are never replenished. Resources frequently disappear from an agora for no apparent reason. So far, I have only noticed energy, electronics and gems disappearing in this way.

The League declares the Third Republic when its warchest reaches a figure somewhere between 300 000 and 500 000. The warchest starts with the same number of Firebirds as the players' treasuries (5000 in standard EFS). The warchest seems to be increased each turn by a random amount in the range 1000-3000. It does not seem to be affected by players trading with the League or taking out a loan. However, when players make loan repayments, the amount of the repayments is added to the warchest. Since I can never get the League to accept any contract (even an offer of money for nothing!), I can't say whether paying money to the League would affect its warchest.

BUG: If you borrow money from the League and refuse to repay it, the League does not take any action against you, not even a trade embargo.

The League will allow you to land on Leagueheim, and won't react unless you're at war. There are a lot of ships in Starports on Leagueheim, which you can capture. The League's scepters are spread out among 5 Agoras.

BUG: Even if the League is at war with you, it will still sell you the resources you need to build a unit, within the Build Screen.

The League's Merchant units have no special role in the game. They're just weak combat units.

Gollor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 04, 2016, 10:33:27 am »

Oh.. They are able to declare The Third Republic? What does it means, actually? Is it only the "cosmetic" declaration or it will have some effects?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33