Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Afterlife  (Read 4984 times)

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Afterlife
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2015, 05:36:42 pm »

Work on the 'half-dead, holed out oak' by finding some branch's, mud or vines to provide the area with more cover from daylight then focus on trying to sort out on memories.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2015, 05:46:37 pm »

Work on the 'half-dead, holed out oak' by finding some branch's, mud or vines to provide the area with more cover from daylight then focus on trying to sort out on memories.
+1
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2015, 05:48:41 pm »

^^^ +1
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2015, 08:37:10 pm »

^^^^1+

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2015, 08:49:27 pm »

Of course. It is only fitting for something that is between life and death to hide in something else that is between life and death.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2015, 10:38:36 pm »

PTW

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2015, 11:10:54 pm »

+1
+1, but check out that glowing light first.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2015, 11:52:33 pm »

GIFs are all nice and neat, but if you miss beginning you'll be mighty confused until it loops back.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

KillerHP

• Bay Watcher
  • im french :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2015, 12:28:36 pm »

+1
+1
A random person which does stuff and likes roguelikes and SS13...

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2015, 04:55:07 pm »

Afterlife

Eventually you decide to shelter yourself in the ancient oak, its partly dead carcass housing an undead like yourself, a most fitting twist.

The work itself, is neither too difficult, nor time consuming - the branches needed, are still strewn about in ample numbers. Being close to the river, the earth is rather loamy, and easy to form for your needs. In the end, you even take some branches, tie them together with some brambles, cake the construction with mud, and get some sort of hatch-like door done. Safe hinges, of course. The overall result, is very pleasing - you doubt the light will be able to illuminate much of your temporary refuge.

Thinking on your memories, what sticks out is the misdeeds of your begrudged, Chancellor Ganvor. His betrayal came most unexpected to yourself, especially because he owes his place in nobility to your clemency, as is the case for his rather elevated position - though he did have more than ample talent for it. Even then, the complete story eludes you in important details, safe for the fact that any fate you have in store for him, will be a just one.

There is not much else that you can remember, precisely as is the godly intention for revenants. While you retain a vast amount of common knowledge, anything too personal or unrelated to your grudge has been erased. The best example, is that you can't even remember the names of your wife and children. A fact, that manages to infuriate you even further. What you do remember though, is how deeply their loss has pained, and subsequently angered you. The two gods which are responsible for the existence of revenants, truly have made sure that their creation would be likely to serve their ends, or so you conclude.

Their combined effort, is stretched over four spheres, two for each of them. Vicious Nevor, the Vengeful Maiden, ties into the effort with Revenge, and Curses. Vile Izvehl, Origin of Evil, offers into it with what
it does towards all undead - Corruption and Abominations.

While the two may be responsible for your current state, they hold no direct sway over you - else all mortals would have to worship Elnea, for being the Goddess of Life. Well, most still do, though purely out of their own will. Once your revenge is done with, even you might consider joining that mad dance at the graveyard, to receive her mercy, and be released from your current bonds.

With such musings, and the first light of dawn, you take to your abode. By the time the soft glow has turned to a warm yellow, even the shadows don't allow you to move much, and you fall into a restless dormancy.

~

When you wake anew, the stiffness in your joints is still not completely gone. The grey light from outside, indicates either an overcast sky, or the later stages of evening. At first confused at your premature rising, a barking in the nearer vicinity, alerts you to the presence of the living.

Holding your breath - more out of reflex than true need - does nothing to change the outcome. Something gets close to the door, and there it alternates between panting and growling. Worse yet, steps follow behind it.

You are quite unsure on how to approach this problem
Being seen, is the one thing you would like to avoid. How to explain your peculiar squatting in this forest, would take some creativity, though you also might just want to hope for the best and do nothing.

On a similar, though hopefully unrelated note, safe for your Low (1) Agility, your Strength is rather High (4) - winning a possible fight, quite possible, granted that your enemy is around Average (2).

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2015, 05:23:02 pm »

I am a corpse. Play Dead
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2015, 05:51:49 pm »

I am a corpse. Play Dead
+1 Plus attack them if it's safe or they try to loot our body.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2015, 06:10:13 pm »

I am a corpse. Play Dead

+1 Plus attack them if it's safe or they try to loot our body.
+2
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2015, 06:17:37 pm »

I am a corpse. Play Dead

+1 to playing dead. Rather clever given the situation.

-1 to attacking them. We are trying to avoid notice, if one lives after a fight and runs away we will never be able to catch him. Our ring is all we have worth anything, simply place it under our tongue before playing dead. He won't check there, letting us keeping all our valuables and our identity secret.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2015, 06:47:39 pm »

-1 to attacks also.
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6