Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Politics & War: Nation Building MMO  (Read 9068 times)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Politics & War: Nation Building MMO
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2015, 06:30:06 am »

Yeah trades are really OP IMO. I think it's by design.

Nukes are one of the hardest things to get though and honestly not that great. Even the big alliances with a lot of resources don't have that many.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2015, 02:59:57 pm »

Who else is active? lemon10? Cheedows has 15k infra so I'm not giving it to him :v

Haha yeah, better give it to someone who actually needs it. :P And seems TKR is a popular choice for people here, interesting. 

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2015, 03:03:53 pm »

I'm still playing, but I can't do anything due to the city building time limit.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2015, 03:04:48 pm »

Yeah it's a bit annoying at first, later on though once city costs exponentially increase it'll take more than 10 days to save up.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2015, 05:55:33 pm »

I'd be more concerned about the costs of infra and improvements. Cities really have a world of difference when you can afford 1000/1300/1500 infra and the stuff like stadiums and subways and nuclear power. No point having a lot of cities if they're not generating you a lot of income.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2015, 06:48:19 pm »

I'd be more concerned about the costs of infra and improvements. Cities really have a world of difference when you can afford 1000/1300/1500 infra and the stuff like stadiums and subways and nuclear power. No point having a lot of cities if they're not generating you a lot of income.

Heh, yeah. Right now for my single city going to 600 infra would cost 200k if my math isn't fugging out on me, so I'm stuck for a few days simply selling bauxite and collecting taxes until I can get my second city.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2015, 07:39:31 pm »

I just registered as well. Do we have a alliance/a recommended alliance?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2015, 08:14:21 pm »

I just registered as well. Do we have a alliance/a recommended alliance?

There's a list of good alliances a page back. I even have an offer from one of them, but I'm holding off until I have at least my second city before accepting them(since that would mean i'm not giving up after a week).
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2015, 11:04:33 pm »

I'll update the OP with the recommended alliance list.

I'm a part of the "Syndisphere" (The Syndicate and their bloc of allies) so I'm biased. I think most of the people here ended up joining The Knights Radiant.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2015, 12:08:56 pm »

I'm so bored of this.

I thought this would be a more casual game like Nationstates but turns out you need to log in virtually every day to do nothing for weeks and weeks. What even is the point? I can't be arsed to do nothing but log in for 5 more weeks before I even get the smallest semblance of power.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2015, 12:38:40 pm »

It's a lot funner if you have an alliance that's active on IRC and forums, you stay more for the community than the game. Although wars do get really fun.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2015, 06:35:58 pm »

I'm so bored of this.

I thought this would be a more casual game like Nationstates but turns out you need to log in virtually every day to do nothing for weeks and weeks. What even is the point? I can't be arsed to do nothing but log in for 5 more weeks before I even get the smallest semblance of power.

The fun is not in the nation building but in politics and war (hence the name). The game mechanics are designed to be complex enough that you need to train and aid others, but simple enough that they don't distract from the main goal of politics.

Roz Wei is IMO quite a not fun alliance to be in because they don't really have interest in war. It's pretty much a dead end. You can try and join Arrgh for another kind of dead end, but at least stuff happens.

Also check with your alliance if you want more power. Some can give you a loan or a few resources to start trading.

Raiding can earn you millions easily. It's harder to raid once you get bigger; 2-3 cities is the optimum for raiding.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2015, 06:43:59 pm »

I have several million sitting around and a good amount of resources. Any new players want this cause I want to delete this nation. It's better than for it to go to waste.

Tyler6498

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2015, 04:20:47 pm »

Edited: Man, the endless sea of messaging and forum joins and things.

I don't know if this is the game for me currently.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 08:51:16 pm by Tyler6498 »
I play adventure mode because it's hard and when I play, I am too.
I believe we're talking about full scale colonisation here.  You don't just leave all your shit in the van when you move house.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2015, 04:29:59 pm »

So I listened to you guys and started chatting with my alliance-mates more as well as starting raiding people. The game is way more fun now.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5