Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Grotesquerie (Office Roleplay)  (Read 4276 times)

Nunzillor

Re: Grotesquerie (Office Roleplay)
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2015, 01:05:06 pm »

What was I thinking?  We can't do TortuFocuTesting in rooms this small.  It's inhumane!  Gotta get out, gotta get out!

Get out of this awful room and get on the phone to Diana.  Tell her I need bigger focus testing rooms and a fresh shipment of coerced, but preferably not kidnapped, valued "volunteers."
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 02:46:30 pm by Nunzillor »

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2015, 01:39:57 pm »

Jacob lets out a scream of pure rage through his microphone at whatever poor soul happened to be on the other end.
"My eyes! My eyes! You little fuck! Its all your fault! I'll kill you for this you little shit!"
Jacob then by pure instinct hits reply and types out "Restart it and call me if it doesn't work. Jesus Christ, we've gone over this."
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2015, 03:03:27 pm »

Joe starts opening and closing his mouth like a fish, eventually some words start to come through.

"Oh God, oh god, oh god, oh god." He decides that running away might be a good idea.

Run away from the scary person and their jam filled halls.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2015, 03:43:29 pm »

Be automatically Bcc'ed on emails to tech support containing certain keywords, like "critical containment failure".
Tech Support NINJA.

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2015, 04:08:31 pm »

What was I thinking?  We can't do TortuFocuTesting in rooms this small.  It's inhumane!  Gotta get out, gotta get out!

Get out of this awful room and get on the phone to Diana.  Tell her I need bigger focus testing rooms and a fresh shipment of coerced, but preferably not kidnapped, valued "volunteers."

Inquire why more test su-I mean volunteers are required, and why they can't be... physically encouraged to attend. Deny the request for a bigger room, it has never been an issue before. Phone someone to get Hank to clean up the mess. As a result of any changes, find a way to blame everything bad on Zach while taking credit for all the good things.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2015, 04:17:05 pm »

"FOR FUCKS SAKE THATS THE TENTH BUCKET TODAY!! THATS ALL THE FAULT OF THE TECH SUPPORT"

it wasn't and Hank knew that but the camera was watching and that being the fifth bucket today god knew what deviant fuckery they would do to him this time. And even Jenna, his friend in the Faceless Deathtrooper Department, can't save him all the time...although last times torture session was quite fun when they instead started getting wasted and played pretend...luckily those guys in supervision were kinda squeamish and didn't like cameras in the torture chambers...

Anyhow, back to work.

Clean up my mess and go to Marketing, there is always clean up to do in the Focus Testing Department.

Nunzillor

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2015, 04:27:24 pm »

Inquire why more test su-I mean volunteers are required, and why they can't be... physically encouraged to attend. Deny the request for a bigger room, it has never been an issue before. Phone someone to get Hank to clean up the mess. As a result of any changes, find a way to blame everything bad on Zach while taking credit for all the good things.
"Because we need to expand into group focus testing.  That's what all the hottest EviPharmCos in the area are doing and we're falling behind.  More space, more people, more data, better advertised products, more money.  Don't you want more efficient torture focus testing, Diana?"

"Plus, the kidnapped ones break too easily and aren't nearly focused enough."
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 04:44:12 pm by Nunzillor »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2015, 05:01:11 pm »

(So, TheBiggerFish and Dustan Hache are in the game now! If you're on the waitlist, you can join in too. It's just that, since I can't have the same level of detail for all players, you'll be a Temp until one of the other suckers ends up dead an employee position becomes available.)
edit: Oh, didn't mean to post this. Oh well, it's good information.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 05:10:26 pm by Fniff »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2015, 05:02:33 pm »

Open the email and read it, or at least the bits that aren't [REDACTED].
Forward it to the right person.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 05:17:25 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2015, 05:09:04 pm »

"Because we need to expand into group focus testing.  That's what all the hottest EviPharmCos in the area are doing and we're falling behind.  More space, more people, more data, better advertised products, more money.  Don't you want more efficient torture focus testing, Diana?"

"Plus, the kidnapped ones break too easily and aren't nearly focused enough."

"Good God, man, how long have you been doing this job!? You should already know group focus testing is much harder to 'deal with' should something happen - which of course it wouldn't - than taking the odd volunteer offthestreetwithoutanyone'sknowledge!

They're also convinced they can leave halfway through a bloody - not literally, obviously, that would never happen - testing process, usually in a blind panic - though that only happened once, maybe twice -  shouting things about 'rights' and 'laws' before security has to process them and someone from cleanup has to visit the room.

Efficient testing isn't very useful if everyone else has to work overtime cleaning up after it, is it?"

Diana sighs "I suppose I can pull some strings and call in some favours, maybe convince the higher-ups to try a group testing scheme like that on a temporary basis, if it'll shut you up about it. It's on you if it doesn't work, though!" Diana hangs up, aiming to take all the credit for the scheme's success.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2015, 05:26:11 pm »

(So, TheBiggerFish and Dustan Hache are in the game now! If you're on the waitlist, you can join in too. It's just that, since I can't have the same level of detail for all players, you'll be a Temp until one of the other suckers ends up dead an employee position becomes available.)
(( it's your own fault for having joe already pressing the "dispatch corporate Assasin assistance button" on his specialized office phone, expecially since my character fit like a glove!)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2015, 05:49:51 pm »

(( it's your own fault for having joe already pressing the "dispatch corporate Assasin assistance button" on his specialized office phone, expecially since my character fit like a glove!)
(I did say it was 'hovering' over it, but I could imagine him accidentally pressing it whilst turning into electricity.)
Employees!
mcclay
I.T. Department, Level +4
Jacob then by pure instinct hits reply and types out "Restart it and call me if it doesn't work. Jesus Christ, we've gone over this."
You multitask efficiently for a blind person, yelling at no-one on the teamspeak while writing out a formulaic email. [5] Five seconds after it's sent off, you hear your computer and the lights buzz. Was that a power surge?

The phone rings. You pick it up.

"Jacob, IT," you say. "If you didn't try turning it off and on again, I'll stuff forks down your throat."

"Uh, hi, this is Technician Greg," he says. "That actually worked, thanks a lot, dude. Who knows what could have happened if you didn't do that?"

"Yes, I'm amazing, tell me something I don't know," you say.

"Uh, yeah," says Greg. "Well, thanks a bunch, brah. The containment field is up and going and I'm totally safe. I mean, there's still hundreds of escapees heading up, but really that's Level -3's problem, right?"

You try to roll your eyes, but they don't exist anymore. Speaking of, you hear someone walk into your cubicle.

"Hey asshole," says Karen. "I got your email, and all I have to saaaAAGGGH WHAT THE FUCK!?"

Ah, she just noticed your eyes or lack thereof. She is currently vomiting into something by the sound of it. This is awkward.

Spoiler: Name: Jacob (click to show/hide)

Ghazkull
Research & Development, Level -3
Clean up my mess and go to Marketing, there is always clean up to do in the Focus Testing Department.
[6] You mop the blood up quickly and efficiently, when a scientist comes running full-pelt down the hallway, covered in blood and green goo. Behind him, you can hear gunfire and screaming. Holy crap, you're actually witnessing a problem instead of being the guy who cleans it up.

"Science has gone too far!" he yells. "Run for your liiiiiiives!"

He then slips on the wet spot and inconsiderately breaks his skull open on the floor that you just cleaned!

[673: Psychic Empathy (Activated by Touch)] You kneel down and shake him to see if he's still alive so you can rant at him for ignoring clearly visible 'WARNING: SLIPPERY FLOOR' signs. Then, you get a full experience of what it's like to slowly bleed to death. When you come to, you've puked your guts up and added your personal touch to the horrible smell this patch of hallway is developing.

Spoiler: Name: Hank (click to show/hide)

hector13
Management Offices, Level +5
Diana sighs "I suppose I can pull some strings and call in some favours, maybe convince the higher-ups to try a group testing scheme like that on a temporary basis, if it'll shut you up about it. It's on you if it doesn't work, though!" Diana hangs up, aiming to take all the credit for the scheme's success.
As soon as you finish up the conversation, the door opens and Derek points dual fingerguns at you. You carefully shove your now useless lower body under the desk and look like you're working hard. Cos you are, in a way.

"Hey, how's my favorite co-worker?" he asks. "How did Bob's redundancy go?"

"Let's just say he won't be seeing his kids again!" you say, and you share a laugh. "Hey, I wanna float this idea past you, I think you'd love it."

"I'm listening!" he says in a wacky voice, and you both laugh again. Personally, you're not sure why. "Seriously, seriously, go on."

[3+1=4] He nods. He asks obvious questions and concurs with your rhetorical questions. When you're done, he gives a big smile.

"Diana, I love it," he says. "Why didn't I think of it? Just ask people if they want to be part of focus testing! It's just simple yet I bet it'll work. Tell you what, my lunchbreak's coming up in five. How about we chat over a martini lunch?"

Shit. Considering your... issue, you better think fast.

Spoiler: Name: Diana (click to show/hide)

Nunzillor
Marketing & Public Relations, Level -1

On one hand, you're out of that awful room and Diana was considering getting bigger rooms.

[3] On the other hand, you're still in a confined space. This corridor is roomier, but it's still too tight!

"Please let me out of here!" you say to faceless deathtrooper (Who you think is Jenna or Gemma or something). "I have urgent business! Urgbusi!"

"Sorry, we're locking down the elevators," she says. "Yet another goddamn containment breach. You can try going through vents, lord knows those are big enough."

She points to a vent cover. The idea makes you prickle with fear, but that might be your only option...
Spoiler: Name: Zach (click to show/hide)

Gamedragon
Someone's House, ???
Run away from the scary person and their jam filled halls.
[6+1=OVERSHOOT] You run around screaming your head off, jumping through a window in your efforts to escape. You run around a backyard for a few seconds until the busybody comes out.

"What are you doing?" she asks.

You continue screaming and run into the shed, where a teenager is smoking marijuana. She drops the blunt in surprise, which was a terrible idea since the floor is covered in gasoline for some reason. Was she trying to commit suicide in a really weird way, or just insanely stupid?

[745: Charred Body] Oh. Huh. It seems you're on fire.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You break through the shed's flimsy walls and run down the street, getting the reactions you'd expect from a man on fire running down the street.

Oh yeah.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Spoiler: Name: Joe (click to show/hide)
Temps!
have my pocket phone ring in the lobby with the number of the person who just called Joe. Get in the company van(which holds all my work stuff short of my pistol and assault rifle for guard duty) and start driving using the GPS function on my phone to track the number's address then navigate to it with the GPS in the van itself. clear the phone's search and Drive in unsuspiciously.
You arrive at a semi-detached house. Inside, someone is screaming very loudly and several other people are following suit, creating a symphony of pain. A gardener in a jumper knocks on the driver-side window.

"Do you know what's going on in there?" he asks. (343: Reflective Skin) He then squints and rubs his eyes. Huh, your skin seems to have turned into a mirror.
Spoiler: Name: Dustan Hache (click to show/hide)
Open the email and read it, or at least the bits that aren't [REDACTED].
Forward it to the right person.

greg here
containment field is busted
what do you guys
see you later alligatosr
- greg
[3] This is incredibly bad. A broken containment field... It's really hard to keep track of the amount of apocalyptic scenarios you could spin off from there. You're not sure who you could send this to without you taking the heat for it. The company's unofficial motto is 'shoot the messenger', after all.
(373: Structural Weakness) You crack your fingers and scream, because they are now bending in the wrong directions. You bend them back with incredible pain. It's not like you were particularly strong in the first place, but this is going to be a struggle.
Spoiler: Name: Noname Guy (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 05:51:27 pm by Fniff »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2015, 05:57:04 pm »

When in doubt, blame Greg.  Check the incident log, anyway,  to see if the moron, or the other moron, actually solved it, through some sheer fluke.  If they even entered it.  Give thanks for ergonomic keyboards and mice.  Make a mental note to not crack your fingers.  When did you even start doing that?
Wait, you're not Noname Guy, just Jeff, the Guy On The Autodumping Incident Management List.
Whose department was this email from?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 06:27:18 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2015, 06:06:53 pm »

roll with the situation, claiming an appliance was smoking and that we are here to repair/replace it, but it seems to have already ignited. Go in and "help" the people, before killing them quietly. If anyone asks, we overdid the sunscreen, and the damn stuff won't come off. NO WITNESSES!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2015, 06:11:11 pm »

"Diana, I love it," he says. "Why didn't I think of it? Just ask people if they want to be part of focus testing! It's just simple yet I bet it'll work. Tell you what, my lunchbreak's coming up in five. How about we chat over a martini lunch?"

Diana racks her brain for an excuse. Wasn't that technician saying something about a containment field..? She shakes her head and points at her computer and phone.

"No can do, big guy. Some arse down in research let the containment field drop, and I have to "coordinate the re-procurement of loose assets", as though I have nothing better to do!" She says in a whiney voice, making quotation marks with her fingers in the air. She continues, rolling her eyes: "I can't leave the desk in case someone needs me to hold their hand."

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4