Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Glazing additional objects?  (Read 507 times)

InsanityPrelude

• Bay Watcher
  • O SHI--
    • View Profile
Glazing additional objects?
« on: November 03, 2015, 09:19:23 pm »

I know this worked fine in previous versions, but I'm getting back into the game after a year hiatus and it seems like the reactions I added to glaze a wider variety of objects aren't working anymore. Nothing goes to the errorlog, and the dwarves gather all the items and do the work as intended, but the end product comes out as an unchanged version of the original (which means if I make the mistake of setting it on repeat, they'll keep wasting glaze trying to do the same object over and over.)

Items that had glaze reactions in vanilla (e.g. jugs, crafts) glaze just fine, so I didn't mess up the REACTION_CLASSes.

I'm using NW_Kohaku's expanded glazing mod, altered to remove the multicolor glazing options because I like it a little simpler.

Here's the particular reactions that I've tried that have failed:

Hives...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And chests (after making a couple earthenware chests with a different reaction.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Forget down stairs, make an up stair
And then what?  Mine the sky? . . .  Actually, that'd be awesome.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: Glazing additional objects?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 10:29:06 pm »

Just as a hunch --
[IMPROVEMENT:100:hive:GLAZED:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:glaze:GLAZE_MAT]
I'm not sure what that GLAZE_MAT is doing there. In vanilla, that's set up to tell the game to use the GLAZE_MAT material_reaction_product to abstract away the interim step between raw material and glaze, but with the Expanded Glazes mod, you're making and using the glaze powder, so it shouldn't have nor need an MRP at all.
Try switching that back to NONE.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

InsanityPrelude

• Bay Watcher
  • O SHI--
    • View Profile
Re: Glazing additional objects?
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 10:48:16 pm »

Oops. Yeah, that'll do it- it must have snuck in there from an older version where I didn't use the powder step.
Forget down stairs, make an up stair
And then what?  Mine the sky? . . .  Actually, that'd be awesome.