Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: Mission 25: Void  (Read 29097 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 25: Void
« Reply #90 on: November 28, 2015, 04:16:04 pm »

((Let's assume it's the green on my map, aka Team Scrupulosity.))

((Yeah, which green is it? Because Jason is part of the green team on RC's map, but Chthunkan is green on PW's map.))

"Yay, we get first shot at possible death. I'm so excited. Do we have to leave the ship?" Jason asks, his lack of enthusiasm apparent in the monotone way he says it.

"Probably not, it's just taking a quick peek more than going out to shake its hand really."

So yeah, for our ship, leave a buoy here then continue on as planned. 

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 28, 2015, 04:21:03 pm »

"Anything I can do General?"

If Miya doesn't need anything then work on this.
More crafting! Upgrade my laser cannon.
1.Wire it up to my suit and robot body and welder for MORE POWER!
2.Scavenge some rebreathers from my spare spacesuits, hook them up to recycle the generator's exhaust. I doubt it will work indefinitely but it should extend the life of the air tank quite a bit and make it run longer in space.
3.Scavenge a couple electrodes, some wire and switches from a robot body. Create spark gap. Wire spark gap to laser's power supply and put it in front of barrel. Turn laser into ELECTROLASER!

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 28, 2015, 04:27:24 pm »

2.Scavenge some rebreathers from my spare spacesuits, hook them up to recycle the generator's exhaust. I doubt it will work indefinitely but it should extend the life of the air tank quite a bit and make it run longer in space.
3.Scavenge a couple electrodes, some wire and switches from a robot body. Create spark gap. Wire spark gap to laser's power supply and put it in front of barrel. Turn laser into ELECTROLASER!

"For the moment, not really, enjoy your free time while it lasts. Just be ready in case I need you for something, and don't blow anything up in the meantime, or I'll have to find you some busywork. Like scrubbing the deck or whatever."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2015, 03:02:05 pm »

Lars bowed at the comms screen.  "I accept your commands, General.  We will investigate for the glory of Steve."

Investigate!  Is it wiggling or writhing?  Is it travelling in any direction?  Is it giving off any energy readings (besides the lowlevel background radiation)?  Is it trying to communicate or reacting to us now that we've spent a bit more time here?

Don't approach yet.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2015, 05:21:07 pm »

((I propose you name this anomaly "The Giant Radioactive Spaghetti Ball".))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2015, 05:34:45 pm »

((I propose you name this anomaly "The Giant Radioactive Spaghetti Ball".))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2015, 05:58:00 pm »

Proceed as planned. Nothing to see here, move along.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2015, 07:11:03 pm »

build a shrine to the ramen noodle god
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2015, 12:00:28 pm »

((Let's assume it's the green on my map, aka Team Scrupulosity.))

((Yeah, which green is it? Because Jason is part of the green team on RC's map, but Chthunkan is green on PW's map.))

"Yay, we get first shot at possible death. I'm so excited. Do we have to leave the ship?" Jason asks, his lack of enthusiasm apparent in the monotone way he says it.

"Probably not, it's just taking a quick peek more than going out to shake its hand really."

So yeah, for our ship, leave a buoy here then continue on as planned. 
I meant green on my map but it doesn't actually matter. We'll go green on yours.

[1]
You've got a +2 so you don't fuck it up, but you don't get any real work done.

Lars bowed at the comms screen.  "I accept your commands, General.  We will investigate for the glory of Steve."

Investigate!  Is it wiggling or writhing?  Is it travelling in any direction?  Is it giving off any energy readings (besides the lowlevel background radiation)?  Is it trying to communicate or reacting to us now that we've spent a bit more time here?

Don't approach yet.

It's...well it's sort of doing both?  It appears to be overall stationary, though parts of it are expanding out and then contracting in. It's not giving off any other energy readings, at least none that you can detect. It still seems to either be ignoring you or not to notice you. In reality it might not even be alive. You might be waiting for some sort of natural phenomena to acknowledge your presence, like introducing yourself to a rock.

build a shrine to the ramen noodle god
You build a rather impressive house of cards style structure out of ramen noodle wafer things.

Proceed as planned. Nothing to see here, move along.

You don't run into anything, however, Red Team, Good old Miya, runs into something. At 10,5. Or I should say that they start getting strong gravity readings and that the normally weightless interior of the ship suddenly attains a cycling gravity which causes everyone inside the ship to slowly slide along the walls, ceiling and floor, like the ship is lethargically rolling over and over.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2015, 03:07:17 pm »

make a quick prayer to the ramen noodle god for good sustenance then go watch Draco and make sure he doesn't get hurt by the mean old gravitational anomaly!
Oh, holy bringer of sustenance, lord of the holy noddle, here thine plee and bless these noodles to bring great sustenance to all that eat them in you glory!
Jackson gets up wandering to his pet Alot
Draco, buddeeeee, you out there?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 06:00:23 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2015, 03:14:48 pm »

Ask if there's anything remotely helpful I could be doing
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2015, 03:21:52 pm »

"Great. Just what we wanted, an anomalous invisible tumble dryer.

Dubley, Jack, I'll need the two of you to keep an eye out for now and help me determine if we're still inside the gravity effect zone. We'll try to steer around it and leave a buoy to inform Scrupulosity."

Leave stationary buoy. Fly away from the center of (10,5) until the gravity effects stop. Do they suddenly stop, or is it a gradual effect? If first, then once out keep going around keeping quite some distance until we can resume our normal course. If second, try to fly so we can stay at the 'edge' of the anomalous zone and map it out like that, but otherwise keep going in the direction we were. Transmit any data we find to said buoy so it can transmit it in turn.

Also, and sorry in advance for semi-tinker (it came up in a discussion in ooc, but isn't exactly pressing, so I decided against pm'ing), but could you tell us how the tesla saber contains the electricity/lightning it produces? Does it need automanips for that? And if yes, does that mean it's affected by the lurker?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 06:11:47 am by Radio Controlled »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2015, 03:33:05 pm »

"So that's two teams tied up on anomalous occurrences. No changes in orders, I assume?"

Keep moving, steady on.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2015, 03:58:30 pm »

"So that's two teams tied up on anomalous occurrences. No changes in orders, I assume?"

Keep moving, steady on.

"We aren't going to investigate this, but if we gotta fly past it we might as well try to map its edges, so the team following behind knows what to avoid. But yes, both of our teams keep going otherwise."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 30, 2015, 04:58:13 pm »

Take a video of the Alot in the gravitational anomaly. I'll post it on space youtube later.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16