Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: Mission 25: Void  (Read 29023 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 25: Void
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2015, 11:35:16 am »

Sure, I guess. Plan still stands: go in direction of the planet, start deploying buoy net once we reach a speed of 8/turn. Leave a stationary buoy at (0,0).

And now that it's easier, have the other 2 teams do the same but 'offset' by 1 gridspace 'next to' the team/ship on the mainline. Use a buoy if needed so we can communicate between the ships. So the other 2 ships travel 'parallel' to team Micropsia. All in all, if we are not interrupted by anything, team Micropsia should arrive at (28,14) before we start with the buoys. The other 2 ships would then be at (28,13) and (28,15). 

« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 02:16:38 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2015, 01:32:07 pm »

Hmmm...You know what. Fuck it.

Thank you
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2015, 03:29:03 pm »

cheer before handing lupanarian his brand new weapon! then cook up some ramen noodles (so all is right and lup did give me the materials right?)
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2015, 03:39:49 pm »

Assist with deploying of buoys from whatever ship I'm on. Unless Lars wants to try it in his fattlesuit.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2015, 04:28:46 pm »

(So Piecewise, how are we handling Spazyak's project? Are we gonna assume he got the parts from Lupanian then somehow gave the finished product back, despite being on different ships?)

You know how you can disable a robobody's internal performance limiters for increased strength? I want to write a program that lets me selectively deactivate it for only part of the body.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 09:24:51 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2015, 05:00:53 pm »

(So Piecewise, how are we handling Spazyak's project? Are we gonna assume he got the parts from Lupanian then somehow gave the finished product back, despite being on different ships?)

You know you can disable a robobody's internal performance limiters for increased strength? I want to write a program that lets me selectively deactivate it for only part of the body.

(Yah, I was kinda confused and wondered what was going to be done about that.)
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2015, 09:24:25 pm »

Get offset one gridspace (to the "east" of the main ship) and prepare to follow in formation.  Keep an eye on the sensors for weird shit.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2015, 09:36:50 pm »

Get offset one gridspace (to the "west" of the main ship) and prepare to follow in formation.  Have a minion keep an eye on the sensors for weird shit.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2015, 01:49:04 am »

You know how you can disable a robobody's internal performance limiters for increased strength? I want to write a program that lets me selectively deactivate it for only part of the body.

Just assume he got the parts
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2015, 11:24:51 am »

Sure, I guess. Plan still stands: go in direction of the planet, start deploying buoy net once we reach a speed of 8/turn. Leave a stationary buoy at (0,0).

And now that it's easier, have the other 2 teams do the same but 'offset' by 1 gridspace 'next to' the team/ship on the mainline. Use a buoy if needed so we can communicate between the ships. So the other 2 ships travel 'parallel' to team Micropsia. All in all, if we are not interrupted by anything, team Micropsia should arrive at (28,14) before we start with the buoys. The other 2 ships would then be at (28,13) and (28,15). 

Like this, right? Or at least thats the plan?

cheer before handing lupanarian his brand new weapon! then cook up some ramen noodles (so all is right and lup did give me the materials right?)

Just assume he got the parts
We'll assume this was actually done before you left. Since it wouldn't help anyone if we assumed otherwise.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2015, 01:39:47 pm »

"Damn is this a mission or a vacation?"

More crafting! Upgrade my laser cannon.
1.Wire it up to my suit and robot body and welder for MORE POWER!
2.Scavenge some rebreathers from my spare spacesuits, hook them up to recycle the generator's exhaust. I doubt it will work indefinitely but it should extend the life of the air tank quite a bit and make it run longer in space.
3.Scavenge a couple electrodes, some wire and switches from a robot body. Create spark gap. Wire spark gap to laser's power supply and put it in front of barrel. Turn laser into ELECTROLASER!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 08:20:17 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2015, 02:19:59 am »

Almost. It's more like this:
  /  / /
 /  / /
/  / /
|/_/

aka we split up first, then move on and all travel in a straight line parallel to each other. With a buoy to ensure comms if needed.

"Damn is this a mission or a vacation?"
"We're in space, in a ship without automanips, going in a straight line for days to weeks on end. What did you expect when signing up?"
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 02:22:47 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2015, 12:24:57 pm »

"I expected explosions or wierd anomaly stuff, or at least some noob needing rescuing. But I ain't complaining. Haven't had this much free time to relaxe or work on stuff since before the battle of Hephaestus."
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 12:28:24 pm by NAV »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2015, 01:29:16 pm »

Make ramen noodles and go flip through the tv channels
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2015, 02:17:50 pm »

Utilize our trusty Miyamoto Guidance System to get us where we need to go. Well, presumably, anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16