Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: Mission 25: Void  (Read 29036 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 25: Void
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2015, 12:11:28 pm »

((Search for us instead of asking questions!))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2015, 12:47:40 pm »

Start drawing the White Circle of Algis on the ship bulkheads and any braindead teammates.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2015, 12:54:22 pm »

Via radio: "Shall we check if exit is feasible? I can certainly get on that unless there is more deliberation required."

Sit down and relax for now. Maybe poke Faith toward the controls if she doesn't respond to orders from on high. Or operate the controls myself.

If Miyamoto affirms the need to check if we can get out, have Faith take us out of afrospace. If Faith is unresponsive and piloting her as a synthflesh puppet is unfeasible, pilot the shuttle myself.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 12:39:38 pm by Harry Baldman »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2015, 03:21:53 pm »

Dubley goes to see what Sir Jackson is working on.
"That's a really neat design bro! When you have the parts I'll help ya line it all up."
I just need to get the parts, then I can make it.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 03:23:29 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2015, 03:20:20 pm »

"That's a really neat design bro! When you have the parts I'll help ya line it all up."
I have all the parts, well....my friend does, I'm making it for him.
((I think there's a bit of confusion about that. Lupanian never actually lent you his weapons to modify, or at least there was no bolded text or IC actions saying so. I'm sure that could be easilly fixed with his agreement though.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2015, 03:22:56 pm »

I have all the parts, well....my friend does, I'm making it for him.
((I think there's a bit of confusion about that. Lupanian never actually lent you his weapons to modify, or at least there was no bolded text or IC actions saying so. I'm sure that could be easilly fixed with his agreement though.))
((my bad Derp!, I edited what I saId then. once again, my bad and I'm sorry.))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2015, 05:41:18 am »

Lets forget about inertia here, shall we ... you can stop on a dime.
((Newton's first cries bitter tears.))

5. Ok, assuming it's like this: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/69/Coord_system_CA_0.svg/240px-Coord_system_CA_0.svg.png the origin planet is at something like  -150, 300, 25. The shortest path to the jump point intersects 1,1,1 so they are probably, somewhere along the line between the origin planet and 1,1,1 Assuming they didn't turn somewhere.
Wait, before you said this:
Their orbits are around -2 to 2 Z, And the planet Mission 21 was on should be roughly  350, -100 x,y if things have stayed the same. However considering the state of the system, guessing about the other planet's and the sun would be complete speculation. Even the mission 21 planet is complete speculation, but we have assurances from the doctor that it most likely will now be anchored in place.  We recommend you avoid it.
So, uh, where is that planet exactly?

Via radio: "Shall we check if exit is feasible? I can certainly get on that unless there is more deliberation required."

"Yeah, but first we make sure we all know the plan before heading out.

Ok, so here's what we gonna do:

-Team Capgras starts with checking if we can easily exit blackspace and if no shenanigans are going on. No big investigation is really needed, shouldn't take longer than [3 turns] or so.

-Teams Micropsia and Scrupulosity start searching by following the 'mainline' between (1,1,1) and the planet they were on. They first accelerate up to a speed of about [8/turn], then keep going and start deploying the buoy net perpendicular to the mainline. 2 buoys per grid for safety. We leave a stationary buoy on the mainline from time to time in case we need to inform Capgras of changes to the plan or with info on what happened [assuming we can leave a buoy stationary in the same way a ship can 'stop on a dime']. This should be SOP, by the way: if you wanna inform the others of what happened, but you cannot contact them or get to the comms net, leave a buoy on the mainline with your message, or accelerate to max speed and 'shoot' it out toward the comms net.

-After Capgras is finished testing, they make a beeline for the buoy net by going along the mainline at max speed, meaning they should be able to catch up to the rest and inform us on what they found.

-1 team, probably Micropsia, should try to stay with the net at all times, meaning that if something interesting is encountered, the other teams can go investigate, but 1 should always stay in comms range of the buoy net. This is because that net, next to allowing communicating with each other, is also a good way to try and find our teammates, by having each buoy continuously send out a message and hoping they can pick it up and respond.

-This standard message should contain info about how to communicate through it, where the comms net is, the 'topography' of this place and directions how to exit blackspace, in case their ship picks up the signal but can't respond or we loose contact with the net. It should also give info as to where the mainline is, because on the way back we should have at least 1 ship always stay on the mainline, so we we might be able to meet up with their ship like that if they then go to said mainline and wait for us.

-We plan for a max of 40% of fuel or movement turns on the way to, keeping 40% for the way back, with 20% to spare. Be sure to keep an eye out for these, so you don't end up stranded here because you forgot to turn around in time. If we can keep in touch, we should be able to coordinate this, but since that probably won't be the case, we should assume each ship needs to have its own internal 'timetable' it can follow. We don't wanna strand more people in here. Lars, you're decent with computers, could you make a program that pings us with every 10% fuel or [movement turns] used, and sends a clear warning to the people on ship when the 40% and 60% thresholds are reached? Send it to the other ships once you have it.

-Since we don't know what we'll encounter, this whole plan is likely to be ditched or modified heavily once we get going, but I'd still like confirmation of each ship's captain that they understood the plan. Again, if we get separated, there'll be no asking for clarification, so you better make sure you know what's what. And if you, or anyone else, has a question or a comment, or a better idea, now's the time."

So pw, any problems with the idea above in terms of 'game mechanics', or can you work with this?

If no issues, start with installing Lars' program once he send it. Create the buoy info message as outlined above, and send it to the other ships so they can use it as well. Then, begin accelerating along the mainline.

"Oh, and no 'salvaging' parts of the ship for yourself."
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 05:49:58 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2015, 03:02:38 pm »

Go with the second one.

And you set that program up.

Do me a favor, keep track of your coordinates. So when you say accelerate along midline, instead say you're moving from 1,1,1 to 1,2,1 or whatever.

"I vote we keep going full speed ahead and rescue those guys."

I want to do a bit of body modding. Take my spare robot bodies, remove their arms and graft them to my body so I have 6 arms. Remember to also include the stuff like extra shoulders and back and chest muscles so they work properly. Probably need to cut some extra arm holes into my exoskeleton too.

Does the ship have any stasis pods?

I'll just let you do that.

And no.

work verrrrryyyy carefuly to line up the force infuser
Can someone come over and help me line this thing up?

[5]
You did it on the first try.

Start drawing the White Circle of Algis on the ship bulkheads and any braindead teammates.
You just start drawing circles on everything.

Sit down and relax for now. Maybe poke Faith toward the controls if she doesn't respond to orders from on high. Or operate the controls myself.

If Miyamoto affirms the need to check if we can get out, have Faith take us out of afrospace. If Faith is unresponsive and piloting her as a synthflesh puppet is unfeasible, pilot the shuttle myself.

I'll just tell you that yes, you can leave Ebonicsspace without issue.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2015, 03:50:32 pm »

work on the other parts of the design before handing the finished masterpiece back to lupanian
There ya go!
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2015, 04:09:00 pm »

work on the other parts of the design before handing the finished masterpiece back to lupanian
There ya go!
Flex my new arms and feel powerful. Then help Sir Jackson make his design an absolute masterpiece.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 05:07:51 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2015, 05:39:08 pm »

Follow in the wake of the other ships as they sweep this area, going along this mainline I hear so much about it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2015, 09:21:26 pm »

Roll out with the other ships.  Ridin' faithfully
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2015, 09:38:47 pm »

Onwards with the plan!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2015, 08:15:00 am »

Do me a favor, keep track of your coordinates. So when you say accelerate along midline, instead say you're moving from 1,1,1 to 1,2,1 or whatever.
Ok then. Now, as I see it we have 2 options:

- Stay with the current coordinate system. In that case, if the planet is at (300, -150, 25) then it is 336 gridspaces away. So, for every step in the x axis, we need to go -1/2 in the y axis and 1/12 in the z axis. Or, for every step in the z axis we go 12 in the x axis and -6 in the y axis. Note that all this would be when starting from (0,0,0), but we can assume that for convenience I think, rather small difference. So, our first target would be (12,-6,1), then (24,-12,2) and so forth. To know our exact location at any time, use (1*A, -1/2*A, 1/12*A) with ‘A’ being the amount of gridspaces we’ve traveled, and rounding up when needed. So, after eg 3 turns of accelerating, that’s 6 gridspaces traveled total, arriving at (6,-3,1).

- Or, we reorient the axis system so that our starting point is at (0,0,0) (or (1,1,1) if you really want) and the M21 planet nicely lies on the x axis at (336,0,0) (or at (300,0,0) to compensate for the fact that we somehow count movement along each axis independently). This would be much easier in terms of navigating and keeping track of where each ship is in relation to the others, and allows us to just move in a straight line, circumventing potential issues with the piecewise software engine and being easier to render. If we use this, a ship simply moves along the x axis or in a line parallel to it. Would also make using those buoys and keeping track of them much easier as well.

Whatever system you prefer, we go along the path indicated and stay together until we either have a speed of 8/turn (having traveled 28 gridspaces by then, arriving at either (28,-14,2) or (28,0,0) ) or until something happens. If no events triggered, say so and we'll decide how to go about deploying the buoy net.

Oh, and leave a stationary buoy at our starting point.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2015, 11:19:41 am »

There ya go!
You finish up.

Looks great! Especially the streamers you added to the grip!

There ya go!
Flex my new arms and feel powerful. Then help Sir Jackson make his design an absolute masterpiece.
Man there are glittery pink streamers coming from the grip and the thing is painted in baby blue with an inspirational quote on the side. Can't get better than that!

Onwards with the plan!
Roll out with the other ships.  Ridin' faithfully
Follow in the wake of the other ships as they sweep this area, going along this mainline I hear so much about it.
Mainline huh? Not the Galactic Leyline? Alright. I guess.

Ok then. Now, as I see it we have 2 options:

- Stay with the current coordinate system. In that case, if the planet is at (300, -150, 25) then it is 336 gridspaces away. So, for every step in the x axis, we need to go -1/2 in the y axis and 1/12 in the z axis. Or, for every step in the z axis we go 12 in the x axis and -6 in the y axis. Note that all this would be when starting from (0,0,0), but we can assume that for convenience I think, rather small difference. So, our first target would be (12,-6,1), then (24,-12,2) and so forth. To know our exact location at any time, use (1*A, -1/2*A, 1/12*A) with ‘A’ being the amount of gridspaces we’ve traveled, and rounding up when needed. So, after eg 3 turns of accelerating, that’s 6 gridspaces traveled total, arriving at (6,-3,1).

- Or, we reorient the axis system so that our starting point is at (0,0,0) (or (1,1,1) if you really want) and the M21 planet nicely lies on the x axis at (336,0,0) (or at (300,0,0) to compensate for the fact that we somehow count movement along each axis independently). This would be much easier in terms of navigating and keeping track of where each ship is in relation to the others, and allows us to just move in a straight line, circumventing potential issues with the piecewise software engine and being easier to render. If we use this, a ship simply moves along the x axis or in a line parallel to it. Would also make using those buoys and keeping track of them much easier as well.

Whatever system you prefer, we go along the path indicated and stay together until we either have a speed of 8/turn (having traveled 28 gridspaces by then, arriving at either (28,-14,2) or (28,0,0) ) or until something happens. If no events triggered, say so and we'll decide how to go about deploying the buoy net.

Oh, and leave a stationary buoy at our starting point.

Hmmm...You know what. Fuck it.

Lets just remove the z. I know it's not realistic but whatever, it's easier. Lets us keep better track of everything. So starting position is origin, 0,0. Planet is at 300, 150. There. Done.

So, you just wanna move in a straight line towards the planet?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16