Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Farmer's quest [SG]  (Read 2726 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: Farmer's quest [SG]
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2015, 06:38:39 pm »

You scramble up the left of the valley without incident - and looking to your side you see Elm, surprisingly good at climbing for a tree.

From your vantage point you can see the mountains continuing well into the distance, with the foothills to the south. The valley curves in front of you, carrying on for many hours travel., though it only seems to travel a couple of hours in a straight line.

Of more interest, however, are the boulders perched along its edge -  around its midpoint. They seem to have been purposely placed in prime position to roll into the valley itself - and if you stare long enough, you can almost imagine holes leading into the rock besides them. regardless, you reckon you could reach them a couple of hours before nightfall.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2015, 07:03:27 pm »

Those holes look like a good place to rest. Let's go there and take a nap, blissfully unaware of all the gm hints as to their nature, and blissfully unaware of that one chapter from The Hobbit.

Nunzillor

« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2015, 07:43:58 pm »

It's fine.  They came out of with a bunch of awesome weapons.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2015, 02:57:07 pm »

A nap! That’s what you could really do with now. And those holes look the best place for one. It takes a short while to reach them, by which point the sun is quite low in the sky - perfect nap lighting.

The holes, up close, are actually quite large, and go into the ground at about 45 degrees.  You lower yourself down one, and slide about a metre before finding yourself at the top of a low tunnel. From further in, where the light fades to nothing, you can hear a deep snoring.

Elm waits outside the hole, unable to easily fit.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2015, 04:59:02 pm »

You know. Since our only weapon is a walking staff, this might not be that good of a place to be right now. Seek naps elsewhere!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2015, 05:31:58 pm »

You kidding? Somany sleeping people, this is clearly the best place to sleep! Just dont wake them up, dont want to be rude.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2015, 08:57:45 pm »

You know. Since our only weapon is a walking staff, this might not be that good of a place to be right now. Seek naps elsewhere!
I think we might have at least a basic survival instinct. -1 wisdom is not the same as "if it looks sharp, try stabbing yourself with it, if it looks hot, try burning yourself with it."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2015, 09:23:07 pm »

I think we might have at least a basic survival instinct. -1 wisdom is not the same as "if it looks sharp, try stabbing yourself with it, if it looks hot, try burning yourself with it."
Yeah.
Or "Starting a fire with live trees despite, y'know, proooobably knowing that live wood does not burn well at all.  Oh, and being a farmer."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2015, 10:16:53 pm »

Yeah.
Or "Starting a fire with live trees despite, y'know, proooobably knowing that live wood does not burn well at all.  Oh, and being a farmer."
well, he did get a bad roll on a bad stat for that one. Let's forgive the occasional misstep and see where this goes.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2015, 06:22:42 pm »

Somewhere else to sleep is easier said than done on a barren mountainside. You suppose you could shelter downwind of one of the boulders, which could at least keep the weather off. The valley itself might be more effective though, and a bit safer given the circumstances - though that doesn’t account for climbing down in the rapidly dimming light. Or, of course, you could always just keep walking.

Sigtext
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]