Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Egregore: Religion Builder [SG + RTD] Now recruiting Priests!  (Read 2727 times)

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: Egregore: Religion Builder [SG + RTD] Now recruiting Priests!
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2015, 08:02:59 am »

Oh okay that's fine.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2015, 08:31:25 am »

Just a draft:

The High Church of Armok

Armok, the God of blood, is the only constant in a chaotic random multiverse. He is not a pure destructive force per se, but is also worshipped as a God of creation. Destruction after all, is the first step in creation. He is the patron of ambitious builders and workaholics, he is a God of ingenuity, architecture and craftsmanship. Armok's methods are not so different from those of some white magick deities - there must be conflict. For when there is conflict there is the stimulus needed for evolution, complexity and growth. Through fire comes tempering, refinement and beauty.

Hidden agenda may include flooding the world with magma (or just destroying it) in order to build giant monuments from the ruins.

Hierachy:
Tentatively  the church is loosely organised into about 16 grades of attainment ranging from dabblers to Grandmaster-toads. (Surely we can do better than this)

Policy on property and duties to the church: All your stuff is ours. No exceptions.

Demographics: Appeals to
Rich eccentrics
Short, bearded, hardworking psychopaths
Alcoholics - but curiously, Armok is capable of granting alcoholics a high degree of functionality even while drunk. There are some who claim that this is some form of trance, or a raising of the consciousness through alcoholism.
A curious combination of violent and industrious people in general.

Natural enemies with:

Everyone
Tree hugging environmentalists,
All that is sane in the world. We might be driven underground pretty early on.
Everyone. No exceptions. Including rival dark gods.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 08:48:21 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2015, 08:55:57 am »

I say we change everything is ours to making people pay dues.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Nunzillor

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2015, 12:42:57 pm »

Why?  Do you think it'll be easier to get converts that way?

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2015, 12:57:23 pm »

Why?  Do you think it'll be easier to get converts that way?

Yes. Would you rather have to give away your children, or pay a small fee to get other people's children?

Nunzillor

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2015, 01:13:42 pm »

Uhh, am I adopting in this scenario?

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2015, 01:29:11 pm »

Uhh, am I adopting in this scenario?

Uhhh, no I meant we buy children from smugglers and train them to be gladiators.

Nunzillor

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2015, 01:41:13 pm »

Ah I see what you're saying.  It's my fault, I never considered children to be "stuff." Yeah, that seems reasonable.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2015, 02:10:23 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 02:37:08 pm by Detoxicated »

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2015, 02:18:56 pm »

Spoiler: Urist McPriest (click to show/hide)
Better?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 12:25:18 pm by Ama »

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2015, 02:26:12 pm »

Wait, so is my priest accepted or no?

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2015, 02:40:12 pm »

Oh by the way I feel that we should allow worship to all other gods as well, as they are all just part of armok.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2015, 02:52:06 pm »

I disagree, unless we're talking about deities in a DF world, which are, I would suppose, derivative to Armok. If you're talking about RL deities, I'm going to disagree hard: we must purge the false "gods"!

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2015, 03:12:24 pm »

I disagree, unless we're talking about deities in a DF world, which are, I would suppose, derivative to Armok. If you're talking about RL deities, I'm going to disagree hard: we must purge the false "gods"!
Yes, do it for armok.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2015, 06:33:48 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Accepted. Will post to consolidate all the characters in a bit.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.
Pages: 1 [2] 3