Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1752 1753 [1754] 1755 1756 ... 1862

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...  (Read 767029 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...
« Reply #26295 on: April 27, 2016, 06:02:50 pm »

((No, 6AR can into pattern analysis.  HTML is plaintext.  HTTP isn't, to the best of my knowledge, arcane either.

The details of Star Wars' communication technologies aren't exactly that well-explored, but if it isn't based on the same principles as today's, I'll eat my hat.  Not that I have a hat.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #26296 on: April 27, 2016, 06:06:26 pm »

((Dinner time for you then, because there is no reason it would be based on the same principals. It's in another galaxy entirely, one with quite different technology and probably very different progression and access to materials. There is no reason that it would run similarly.

Also, you're arguing with a GM. You don't argue with the GM.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #26297 on: April 27, 2016, 06:07:41 pm »

((So just say he can't. You're the GM. Rule 0.))
((You know, it's a rather annoying world when I have to outright say no when I give a long and detailed argument as to why it's a 'no'. :P))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26298 on: April 27, 2016, 06:07:52 pm »

((Bits are bits everywhere.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #26299 on: April 27, 2016, 06:09:15 pm »

((to be totally honest I'm on fish's side here. Using the Force as a search engine is one (extremely annoying) thing but a robot connecting to the internet to google a name is another. . . especially since you let him do much more earlier))
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26300 on: April 27, 2016, 06:11:19 pm »

((I dunno. Like, he could just go and look it up on a computer right next to him or something. But fuck if I'm not fed up of 6AR more or less trying to hax everything by using the damn Force and his apparent internal Google engine.

Emphasis on try. There's a reason why he finds out near nothing. :P))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26301 on: April 27, 2016, 06:12:55 pm »

((It's not internal, it's him actually using Google.))
Sigtext

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26302 on: April 27, 2016, 06:13:48 pm »

((@TBF, Is he using a computer or his own electronic brain?))
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26303 on: April 27, 2016, 06:14:21 pm »

((His brain is a computer.))
Sigtext

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26304 on: April 27, 2016, 06:16:10 pm »

((Then I'm going to go ahead and say no to 6AR using Wifi to google search something using his own internal computer. A battle Droid, even a force sensitive one, does not have the means to use a wireless signal from a different universe they are not from because that is not a standard thing. Last I checked, Star Wars Lacks HTML and HTTP. If he was a heavily modified droid, one that was modified in this or the hub universe, then yeah. If he was using an external computer and not his brain, It would be okay. But as is, this is not the case, and so both mine and Elf's answer is no. Is this Agreeable Elf?))
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #26305 on: April 27, 2016, 06:16:50 pm »

((TBF, the GM has told you, in no uncertain terms, "No.". Deal with it. GM's word is law.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26306 on: April 27, 2016, 06:17:05 pm »

((Star Wars DOESN'T TALK ABOUT communications protocols.  That doesn't mean they don't exist!))
Sigtext

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26307 on: April 27, 2016, 06:17:14 pm »

((Yes, Sanure.))

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26308 on: April 27, 2016, 06:18:37 pm »

((Star Wars DOESN'T TALK ABOUT communications protocols.  That doesn't mean they don't exist!))

((That's where your wrong. Have you read the comics? Played any of the games? Programming and protocols in Star Wars is entirely different than our universes.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26309 on: April 27, 2016, 06:22:54 pm »

(([futile rage at this decision, because it really doesn't make sense.]

Also, say what now?  EVERYTHING eventually boils down to a bitstream...))
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 1752 1753 [1754] 1755 1756 ... 1862