Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1672 1673 [1674] 1675 1676 ... 1862

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...  (Read 772500 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...
« Reply #25095 on: April 14, 2016, 05:53:54 am »

Victoria finds the current state of events inefficient. She waits for a reload break, before sprinting out towards them. At this point, psychological warfare is the order of the day; when they shoot at her, she only dodges shots that would cripple her. Let them pump her full of lead and then see their faces as she smiles as she shoots them with a shotgun.

Kasumi returns with the drinks, glancing at Inomi/Enelope talking to the empty nightclub. Soon after, the door is heard opening and a girl with long brown hair tied back in a ponytail, wearing the same uniform as Kasumi, enters. One would notice that she's using crutches, and has her right leg in a cast. She, with Kasumi's help, sits down in a chair facing all the others. "Kasumi, maybe you should go check how your brother is doing?" she says, smiling. Kasumi nods and leaves the room. The girl turns to them all, still smiling. "I'm Asuka Shibata. A pleasure to meet you."

Once the door is closed, her expression switches to a serious one. "So, the reason you're all here. Kasumi told your supporter that the threat was not immediate, and that we got away, and that was correct. However, there still is danger, I just didn't tell her how screwed we are because then she'd panic.

We fight things called Shadows, in what we call Shadow Dimensions. It's not just me and her, of course. We have around ten people. The Shadow Dimension that most recently appeared, the fourth, is the one that's dangerous right now. Things were going fine- we were roughly halfway through. But, while we were fighting some of them, they changed. Some kind of dark aura appeared around them, and suddenly they were far stronger. We continued on until we found one that even without the aura would have been dangerous. That's what caused this..."
She uses a crutch to indicate her broken leg. "Kasumi and her brother Kenji were the only ones uninjured. Most of our team is off worse. In normal circumstances, this wouldn't be an issue, really. We could wait for our injuries to heal. But as we dragged ourselves out, I noticed that the entrance was in a different place. That Shadow Dimension is expanding, and fast. If we don't destroy the controlling Shadow soon, it'll start getting into Tokyo itself. And it won't stop there."

Asuka takes a sip of the water left on the table next to her, and then continues. "Now why does this concern you? The dark aura. It's a Trespasser, having taken control of the lead Shadow and amplifying the power of all the Shadows within, according to a benefactor. The explanation of what they are fits. We won't be in fighting condition soon enough to make a difference. So I'm forced to ask you for help. I tried to stop him, but Kenji ran off. I think he probably went to scout a way to the lead Shadow. In about five seconds, Kasumi will figure that out." She counts off on her fingers, and Kasumi bursts into the room right on cue.

"Asuka! Kenji, he- he's in the Shadow Dimension! He's alone there! He says he's fine but how long until he gets overwhelmed!?"

"Alright. Any questions, you all? Kasumi will act as support, in addition to your own supporter. She can stay here if she wants, Persona-based telepathy can get into and out of the Shadow Dimensions easily enough."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25096 on: April 14, 2016, 05:56:32 am »

"Oh, bloody circus.

Infodump, what are we likely to run into, and what does it do?

And how does it do what it does?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #25097 on: April 14, 2016, 06:02:32 am »

Sachi nods, while Mio whips out her phone, using the Terminal app to transform into Hero form.
"Where do we start?"
"O-okay..."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25098 on: April 14, 2016, 06:04:39 am »

"Yeah, point us to the thing.  I want to See what we're getting into.  And more generally see it."

You can hear the capital letter.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25099 on: April 14, 2016, 06:10:30 am »

((You're the one who asked to just get straight to business  :P

And may as well infodump when I'm gonna be going in ~1 hour.))
"Oh, bloody circus.

Infodump, what are we likely to run into, and what does it do?

And how does it do what it does?"

Asuka raises an eyebrow in... is that recognition? of Alanis' use of the term 'circus', but does not comment. "There's a variety of Shadows. Most have a weakness though, except for the leading ones. Something we noticed after the aura appeared was that in exchange for that power, they threw one kind of resistance to the wind altogether. Like, there was a magic using type that became weak to all physical instead of simply stabbing attacks. The method varies."

Sachi nods, while Mio whips out her phone, using the Terminal app to transform into Hero form.
"Where do we start?"
"O-okay..."
"We got lucky. It's in an alley for now, and not Tokyo Tower or something. Kasumi?"
Kasumi gives them the directions.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25100 on: April 14, 2016, 06:13:39 am »

"Right.  But what types should we expect, and what do they actually look like?  Don't want to have everybody hitting the wrong things."
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 06:16:09 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25101 on: April 14, 2016, 06:16:58 am »

"I can't say what the lead shadow will be like, but in the early parts of the area there were those magic ones, and a few melee ones that were weak to magic. Given the trend there is probably some ranged one, but not sure what that will be weak to. Kenji may have found a shortcut, so no clue how many you'll actually have to face before getting to the lead Shadow."
Sigtext!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25102 on: April 14, 2016, 06:18:22 am »

"And the boss, what should we expect other than reality-eating nonsense?

And what do they look like?"
Sigtext

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #25103 on: April 14, 2016, 06:20:34 am »

Chartre tips the drink into his flask, unwilling to waste the liqueur, before listening to the whole conversation. "Well, I'm ready to go then."

Evridiki turns to see if Haruka is injured, and if she is, uses her Syringe Gun to hit her with a Tricordrazine to heal her up. If not, however, Evridiki moves up to a fallen enemy and attempts to take off his helmet, as well as generally scanning him as thoroughly as she can, in order to see if there was any oddity about his biology.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25104 on: April 14, 2016, 06:22:01 am »

"And the boss, what should we expect other than reality-eating nonsense?

And what do they look like?"

"Not a clue. Each of the ones we've fought so far has been drastically different than the others. They seem based on the Deadly Sins, and the appearance of the Dimension implies this one is Greed, if that helps.

It's usually pretty obvious. Melee ones are big, magical ones have no apparent weapon, ranged have some obvious means of attack. If you can't tell, Kasumi or your supporter will probably be able to tell you."
Sigtext!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25105 on: April 14, 2016, 06:23:28 am »

"Ah.  Themes.

Right, then.

Were there any traps that you saw?"
Sigtext

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25106 on: April 14, 2016, 06:24:50 am »

"Seems whatever makes the Shadow Dimensions likes themes. It's never made any sense to me, really."
Sigtext!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25107 on: April 14, 2016, 06:28:52 am »

"Yes, the designers would have themes...Makes it less repetitive and stuff."

"It makes sense to me but I don't think anyone really wants to hear my opinion on the matter."
Sigtext

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25108 on: April 14, 2016, 06:30:56 am »

"It really is just like a video game sometimes. But it's not so don't even go there. Seriously, that'd be stupid."
Sigtext!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25109 on: April 14, 2016, 06:34:37 am »

"Fire Emblem has permadeath.  Dwarf Fortress has crazy-detailed injury tracking.

There's games where you can have injuries, they're just rarer than HP systems.  But I digress, we've got stuff to nukinate before it eats everything.  Geez, that's TWO plots of this stuff, why is there like nothing investigative or puzzle-y or whatever?  I'm too squishy for this...

Er.  Too late.  Sorry.  Will shut up and kill things now."
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 1672 1673 [1674] 1675 1676 ... 1862