Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1424 1425 [1426] 1427 1428 ... 1862

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...  (Read 766215 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...
« Reply #21375 on: March 28, 2016, 09:32:55 am »

"Well, I'd need to find a place that frequently works with portals for most of the parts, and then I need something like resonate ender or Essence of dimensional portal. Really, anything produced by stuff that fucks up interdimensional walls."

"I don't know how they do it where you're from, but here we don't come in through people's doors after they're locked."
"Are you saying not getting holes in your ship isn't important?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #21376 on: March 28, 2016, 09:34:15 am »

"My station is the NSS Leviticus, and there are several other equally crazy Nanotrasen stations that start with NSS, like the Luna and the Exodus."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #21377 on: March 28, 2016, 09:34:39 am »

((no
it will never be time
alanis can suffer forever

On a serious note, it'll be delayed because I've had no time to work on the contestants in addition to the nerfs and mechanics reworks, in addition to stuff I want to write.))
"I'm sure you can find that yourself, unless someone else knows about how this works."

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #21378 on: March 28, 2016, 09:34:40 am »

"Well, I'd need to find a place that frequently works with portals for most of the parts, and then I need something like resonate ender or Essence of dimensional portal. Really, anything produced by stuff that fucks up interdimensional walls."
((So, Ashley's blood? :P))
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #21379 on: March 28, 2016, 09:39:43 am »

"Well, then simply exclude Tourmaline from working on the board if it is so incredibly prudent that she not be allowed to access it for fear of somehow violently harming someone though it."

"If you bar the technology expert, who might I add is responsible for us not being spacedust back on that planet that blew up, from working on technology, when the problem she has is irrelevant to her skillset, then I doubt any of you are really capable of determining much of anything, much like all the other mad men and women and unspecified mad people on this ship."

"If you fail to give me a good reason for this secrecy beyond barring votes from the violent or naive members of the group, who myself and many others are still capable of subduing easily and harmlessly, then I will have no choice but to inform them of this secretive ploy to undermine the team's integrity and respect to appoint a system of leadership that is neither feasable nor worth the potential risk of failure and backfiring, now that I have put some real thought into it."

"She makes a good point, if the issue is violence, there are more of us willing to stop a problem person from enacting harm than there are people willing to enact that harm.  It is foolhardy to assume that the entire team aside from the people in this room are simply superpowered children."

"What I see here is something born of mindless fear, to repress one group while empowering another, just being here makes us accomplices to any number of bad things, far worse than a lone wolf needing to spend time in petrified time out until we can dump him in a calmer environment."

"So key issue number one, several of you mistrust tourmaline's integrity due to her temper, preventing her from managing something as simple as a self-request board?.."

Both of them seem to be a bit worked up, all this talk of backroom decision making and exclusion irrelevant of issue familiar in a bad connotation of the word.

"On another note Kyle, if you lead me to the spacial core of the anomaly, I can steal it's potential using my abilities, either slowing or completely rendering it inert until you can solve the problem."
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21380 on: March 28, 2016, 09:41:19 am »

"I looked, and they don't sell it here... Which is understandable. Place is already unstable, can you imagine if they just had holds of stuff that made dimensional instability even worse? Anyways, if you guys give me the go ahead, I can make flyers for what people should look for... As soon as I can find a printer."
Kyle looks pensive at Dackly's suggestion. Also like he's trying not to look at her.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21381 on: March 28, 2016, 09:42:17 am »

"If someone isn't going to blast the ship in the next five minutes then you can wait. Why don't you talk to Tourmaline? She runs the logistics on the ship.

See, it's not that I don't trust Tourmaline to run the tech. But can I trust her not to lose her cool at critical times? Nah."
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 09:46:30 am by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #21382 on: March 28, 2016, 09:45:19 am »

"I don't bite magic man, just the snakes." Dackly says with a self confidant smirk.

"But yeah, I just charge my good old visor, and pow, 4th dimensional abstract art piece for a while longer.  Up to you Kyle, Time is of the essence after all."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21383 on: March 28, 2016, 09:48:34 am »

"Need I remind you that your method of subduing people is EXACTLY the same method you use to kill enemies? One that manages to get other completely unrelated people caught in the crossfire?

And what would you suggest, then? We put this to another vote, and have nobody lead for the umpteenth time? Another scuffle break out for no other reason? You talk about it like it's secretive, and yet you haven't even let this conversation go past a basic summary of why we're here. You talk like we're trying to undermine the group, when we're trying to just make a group who actually has a desire for resolving the conflicts in the group.

Furthermore, have you thought, for a second, that maybe, putting people known to be unstable in charge of mediating a group intended, sabotaged or not, to save the existence of the multiverse might be dangerous?

If you question our right to mediate our group, I answer by citing that all other occasions where we allowed the group to decide did nothing, and I question your logic in allowing a potential repeat of that."
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 09:50:33 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21384 on: March 28, 2016, 09:51:02 am »

"I'm simply turning... to face the person talking to me."
Contagion sets the AK down. His eyes behind the mask wander around the room to see who else is around. Of course, nobody can really see that. "What are you?"

Motya grins maniacally, how surprising. At least they seem to not mind constantly repeating themselves for every new person that they stumble across. "I am Motya! Let us not get tangled in taxonomical intricacies! I was once human but now am not! How delightful! Is that enough to satisfy your curiosity? Or shall I go more in-depth!"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21385 on: March 28, 2016, 09:51:26 am »

"I don't know who that is and you guys seem to be the leaders... Sorry, you remind me of Arbello's mother. Uh... yeah, it should work, but the portal will be down."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21386 on: March 28, 2016, 09:55:59 am »

Awkward silence.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21387 on: March 28, 2016, 09:57:19 am »

"Tourmaline is the greem chick, can't miss her, she's huge. You probably haven't seen her because she's working on stuff."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #21388 on: March 28, 2016, 09:58:55 am »

"Need I remind you that your method of subduing people is EXACTLY the same method you use to kill enemies? One that manages to get other completely unrelated people caught in the crossfire?

And what would you suggest, then? We put this to another vote, and have nobody lead for the umpteenth time? Another scuffle break out for no other reason? You talk about it like it's secretive, and yet you haven't even let this conversation go past a basic summary of why we're here. You talk like we're trying to undermine the group, when we're trying to just make a group who actually has a desire for resolving the conflicts in the group.

Furthermore, have you thought, for a second, that maybe, putting people known to be unstable in charge of mediating a group intended, sabotaged or not, to save the existence of the multiverse might be dangerous?

If you question our right to mediate our group, I answer by citing that all other occasions where we allowed the group to decide did nothing, and I question your logic in allowing a potential repeat of that."

"My power does not kill people.  Do you hear me?  Let me make that clear.  My power does not kill people."

"Now, to address your problems.  I suggest we put this to a more organized vote, Either paper or digital, people write a name, a goal, a request, and someone either responds that they will solve to personally, or suggests a solution that can be voted on anonymously, at which point we address it."

"This solves all the problems and gets an untainted idea of the group's wants, it's so simple, and safe."

Dackly is very displeased with the accusation.

"Now if you will excuse me, I have problems to solve."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21389 on: March 28, 2016, 10:02:42 am »

"....excuse my ignorance. That was....foolish of me. My apologies. It won't happen again.

However, the point remains. Petrifying people does not constitute a suitable answer to conflict, fatal or not.

If that's how you see it, fine. I disagree, but if the others will agree to it, I won't oppose the decision."
Pages: 1 ... 1424 1425 [1426] 1427 1428 ... 1862