Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1024 1025 [1026] 1027 1028 ... 1862

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...  (Read 770763 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Vertex and God trees! Oh my!
« Reply #15375 on: January 30, 2016, 04:36:43 pm »

((FUCKING FUGE DJSFSOKWE))
[irr + irr v ??] The Primordial's attempt at appealing to the gods seems to succeed. For a moment.

Then She is bombarded with more hatred. Her images of the beauty of the world are twisted around, and thrown back at Her, as images of war, destruction, genocide, pollution and extinction are engrained into Her psyche. Followed by images of....nothingness. Just nothingness, darkness now and forevermore. No more pain, no more destruction. It would be the most wondrous peace. All She would need to do is to surrender and allow the gods to finish the job they had begun six hundred years ago.

She is bombarded with more and more hatred and thoughts of cleansing, purging and havoc, but Her will continues to hold.

Bit by bit, though, the will of the Many seems to be subsuming the will of the One. Even with her age and power, she cannot withstand this assault upon her much longer.

[irr v ??] Alanis is almost overcome by the sheer will of a countless multitude of gods. The will of one mortal cannot stand against them, and so hers almost immediately crumples. She collapses to the ground, clutching her head as the gods attempt to sear her soul out and turn her into a brainless creature-

However, before she can be truly overcome, a warm shield cleanses the influence of the creatures over her mind away like cool water over a burn. Her agony is lifted away gracefully, and a small voice whispers to her.
You will not fall now. Do not contend with gods, young one. Do your best to help us get away instead.
Yuri, it seems, has saved Alanis' life. For the moment, anyway. Alanis then turns her attention to the Vertex.

[29! v 10] With a mighty burst, Alanis' kinetic burst shatters the Vertex into many pieces, sending them skittering into the beyond. Before she can celebrate, another one floats into place, however.

[11, 20 v 9, 8] Eirika and Anna's attacks deliver a powerful shattering blow to the lower Vertex, with Yuri's final blast destroying it as it clings to life. Another arrives to replace it, however, maintaining the gap.

[23 v 9] Aesford slashes at the Pisces Vertex, cutting a gash through it. However, it regenerates quickly, with the gash quickly being restored by sparkling light and responds by blasting him backwards with a laser.

[15 v 9] Ian, however, draws his attention away by hurling a potato into the nearby mass of Stardust. It blasts a laser at it, destroying the potato but allowing Aesford to get away.

[18 v 18] Sandra impales the Vertex with her tentacle, splattering it with blood and dust. The Vertex lets out a screeching cry, and as the tentacle falls back, the hole it made regenerates.

[22 v 9] Hikari fires an arrow at the top Vertex holding the gash open, sticking a small crack in it.

[16 v 14] BOXWOOD attempts to advise on the Pisces Vertex, but he cannot seem to detect a weakpoint, having just seen it shrug off all the blows at it.
Suddenly, something comes alive in Alanis' head.
"I-I heard you, Alanis! What's going on?! Why am I detecting something.....big near you?"
Yuri shakes her head.
"We have to kill both of the Vertex at once!"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15376 on: January 30, 2016, 04:40:16 pm »

((Wait, weakpoint? Isn't he debuffing SYN, not RES? :P))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15377 on: January 30, 2016, 04:41:04 pm »

((Well, yes, but debuffing its damage has no effect right now because this isn't a combat and being lasered will have a slightly different effect. And he barely knows what he's going up against to begin with.))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #15378 on: January 30, 2016, 04:43:31 pm »

Transform Attack
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15379 on: January 30, 2016, 04:44:39 pm »

((Oh, so it isn't combat? Okay, that explains a lot, since I thought it wasn't, but then I saw people throwing Actions around >__<))
In that case, BOXWOOD opens fire upon the mass of stardust, taking care to keep a Vertex between himself and the Pisces.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 07:52:07 pm by Empiricist »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15380 on: January 30, 2016, 04:46:28 pm »

((If it was combat, we'd have more than this and it would take far longer. :P))

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15381 on: January 30, 2016, 04:46:53 pm »

"Damn it, this is impossible! There's no way we'll manage to--"
Eirika suddenly jerks upright, her tattoo glowing slightly. She lifts a hand at the Vertex on the barrier and a small, purple orb of energy forms, smashing into it.

Grima's Rage.
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15382 on: January 30, 2016, 04:49:12 pm »

But it refused.
"I'm not letting her fight them alone."
Alanis continues to hold to It That Embraces.  Even if she can't fight them directly, she's going to darn well stay put and send at least It That Embraces happy thoughts.  Something to hold on to.
"Sachi!  Need some analysis on these things I'm shooting at!  Big thing is the big Vertex we killed when we got here!  Or you can help us fight gods!"
Once more, with feeling!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15383 on: January 30, 2016, 04:50:29 pm »

"Doesn't matter, we just need to buy time and escape! Any chance of taking out or repelling the stardusts? If they combine to make those, keeping them away might stop the regen!"

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #15384 on: January 30, 2016, 04:58:07 pm »

[irr + irr v ??] The Primordial's attempt at appealing to the gods seems to succeed. For a moment.

Then She is bombarded with more hatred. Her images of the beauty of the world are twisted around, and thrown back at Her, as images of war, destruction, genocide, pollution and extinction are ingrained into Her psyche. Followed by images of....nothingness. Just nothingness, darkness now and forevermore. No more pain, no more destruction. It would be the most wondrous peace. All She would need to do is to surrender and allow the gods to finish the job they had begun six hundred years ago.

She is bombarded with more and more hatred and thoughts of cleansing, purging and havoc, but Her will continues to hold.

Bit by bit, though, the will of the Many seems to be subsuming the will of the One. Even with her age and power, she cannot withstand this assault upon her much longer.

She falters. For a moment. Suffering and death forced upon Her.

And then nothingness. A solution, a way out of the nothingness.
But nothingness is lonely. Darkness is lonely and eternal. Unlike these gods, She knows the truth of Nothingness, and She shares it with them. The knowledge that the world is Nothing, that all potential is lost. That eternal darkness will leave you with no one, not even yourself to confide in. The sadness, the eons that She spends, Her existence floating in a hole in reality. Even now, with this Avatar of Her pulled from Her by the Powers That Be,  It That Embraces has no one and nothing to gaze upon Her true form. Nothing to Embrace, only able to do so through proxy. She pours Her sorrows upon the Myriad Gods, using them to try and shield Herself from their hate, to gather strength and recover from the power of Their will, even gathering ever so slightly from Alanis's love, but more importantly, using it to remind Herself of Her love for humanity, for life, for existence.

Though She fights a hopeless battle, She will not falter. It is not in the nature of gods to give up. It is not their nature to let something that contradicts them stand.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 05:03:07 pm by Twi »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15385 on: January 30, 2016, 05:02:41 pm »

ENG would feel the shift in Gravity start to take hold, and try to activate his jumpjets to negate it as he goes for a tackle of the thief.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #15386 on: January 30, 2016, 05:04:59 pm »

((Considering it is being used to lower gravity, his jumpjets might not be expedient to using...))
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15387 on: January 30, 2016, 05:07:28 pm »

[18] Garnt can tell that, even if he skimmed it past their head, such an attack would at least horribly injure them.

Thankfully, however, that will not be needed because
[20 v 6...] ENG manages to leap at them using Dackly's gravity magic, tackling the thief down to the ground and sending the Terminal skittering on the floor in front of them. Big Daddy and Garnt stop just behind him.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #15388 on: January 30, 2016, 05:09:44 pm »

Garnt goes to retrieve the Terminal.

It wouldn't do to have someone else take it now, after all.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15389 on: January 30, 2016, 05:11:43 pm »

"Hey, Embracy person! We can try that later, but could you please try getting rid of all the stardusts? It'll stop them from forming nearby and maybe the regen too! I'd ask someone else, but no-one said they could do much to a large group earlier! >__<"
Pages: 1 ... 1024 1025 [1026] 1027 1028 ... 1862