Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1022 1023 [1024] 1025 1026 ... 1862

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...  (Read 770630 times)

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Vertex and God trees! Oh my!
« Reply #15345 on: January 30, 2016, 03:18:47 pm »

...Alanis's pendant glows as she, too, channels her strength to It That Embraces.  She holds out her hand.
And the Primordial takes it. A small amount of power, but welcomed none the less.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15346 on: January 30, 2016, 03:22:17 pm »

-snip-
"They seek to kill? So, what does consuming reality have to do with it? To copy themselves?"

"So, which one is the greatest threat? And how does it attack?"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15347 on: January 30, 2016, 03:23:25 pm »

((Dude, we're in combat...And there's a goddess blowing shit up...And he just...Asks...Random questions...?!))
Alanis's hand quests for another.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15348 on: January 30, 2016, 03:25:14 pm »

((Yes, because he has no IC knowledge of what to target with what debuff.))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #15349 on: January 30, 2016, 03:25:42 pm »

((No, she's STRATEGIZING.))
((Is Sachi with this group?  The analyst, that is.))
((Sachi's not with them, no. She stayed at home. She COULD try to contact Sachi, however, but it wouldn't help too much.

Also it's not helpful to strategise if half the damn group doesn't know what you're on about.))
[irr vs ??] The Primordial's Embrace seems to enshroud the monsters for a moment. The tiniest, shortest of moments.

Suddenly, it simply doesn't. A sharp, agonising pain wracks the nigh-infinite being that is It that Embraces, as some sort of eternal presence- as old and great as She- seems to bear down upon Her. She can feel Her infinite reach fading, Her influence being wrenched back into Herself, being crushed by the sheer powers that be. For the first time since the Trespassers, it seems a being- or a group of beings- is capable of matching Her in power.

She can feel their influence upon Her, too. The ideas of hatredcleansepurgeburn being constantly forced upon her, forcing away all feelings of hate and warmth alike, attempting to turn Her into one of Them or send Her into despair otherwise. If it were any save Her will, any mortal would be crushed by the will of so Many.

[25 v 16] Alanis' kinetic barrier manages to throw one of the Vertex, sitting at the top, away from the gash. It simply floats back, but a small crack is visible within its structure, as if the force of the burst managed to shatter something within it.

[6 v 12] Ian launches himself at the Pisces Vertex, ignorant of the struggle of wills between the Primordial of the Warm Embrace and the Gods of the Purging Wrath. The Vertex, however, blasts a laser at his foot, blasting him aside. It misses, but the explosion knocks him off balance.

Anna and Eirika follow Yuri, who immediately attacks the bottom Vertex. With a mighty yell, Yuri blasts the creature with a burst of energy from her staff. Again, with her, the Vertex simply returns after being knocked away, but it also has a crack within its structure.

Sandra cowers. The Pisces, seeing a fresh target, blasts a laser at her, but....
[19 v 12] Hikari manages to tackle Sandra away from the laser, shifted into her Hero Form, pushing her to the ground as the laser passes harmlessly over their heads.

[10 vs 11] ENG manages to land perfectly in front of the thief, but they manage to see him before he lands. Jumping in shock, they immediately turn to run down a nearby alleyway.

[9 vs 12] Tourmaline is attempting to keep up, but not being used to her fused form quite yet, her awkward form and the thief's speed are keeping them ahead of her. She's still got sight of them, however.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 03:27:30 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #15350 on: January 30, 2016, 03:26:26 pm »

D&G wait and search the area, the first thief could be a distraction after all.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #15351 on: January 30, 2016, 03:27:56 pm »

Garnt was totally following the thief all along.

Yes.

Definitely.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #15352 on: January 30, 2016, 03:28:47 pm »

"S-sorry..."
thincake

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15353 on: January 30, 2016, 03:29:59 pm »

ENG would sprint after them, raising his weapon if he is unable to keep up with the thief.
"If you continue to resist, you will be shot! now HALT!"
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #15354 on: January 30, 2016, 03:30:12 pm »

Hikari pats her on the back, taking out her bow with her free hand.
"If you're sorry, then don't say it, do something! I've got your back! Now help us get those Vertex off that hole!"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15355 on: January 30, 2016, 03:30:59 pm »

A twisted world of hellfire and destruction filled with the will of mad gods given form. And no strategy at all. Just idiotic bravado. Typical. Fucking typical. Thankfully, their directed energy attacks are just as typical and that time, I had a few more fleshlings to work with. Which was definitely useful, even if it was just for the prospect of gravedigging.

"Anyone able to weaken it?"
Advise. Target - Pisces. Stat - SYN. Pretend to cower while doing so.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 04:09:24 pm by Empiricist »

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #15356 on: January 30, 2016, 03:32:32 pm »

"U-umm... umm..."
Closing her eyes in blind panic, Sandra launches a tentacle, a barbed and dripping lance of muscle and bone towards the Pisces Vertex.
thincake

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15357 on: January 30, 2016, 03:32:46 pm »

Alanis stops.  Freezes.  Anger burns in her eyes as she storms back over and defiantly hugs It That Embraces, having felt the surge of rage blast her goddess.

She then starts freezing Vertex on the barrier.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #15358 on: January 30, 2016, 03:33:38 pm »

Big Daddy continues his charge searching for the thief
No sig yet

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15359 on: January 30, 2016, 03:35:02 pm »

Tourmaline giggles as she stumbles, It surely hasn't been that long since they were last fused was it?

Either way, she attempts to user her Hard-light Claw to grapple the thief so that ENG can catch them.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under
Pages: 1 ... 1022 1023 [1024] 1025 1026 ... 1862