Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1018 1019 [1020] 1021 1022 ... 1862

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...  (Read 770629 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Vertex and God trees! Oh my!
« Reply #15285 on: January 30, 2016, 01:33:22 pm »

"How were you able to remain?"
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15286 on: January 30, 2016, 01:34:10 pm »

"...Oh, and, how DO we close this?  Because I'm pretty sure you can't just push shut a rift in spacetime.  Ian."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #15287 on: January 30, 2016, 01:34:38 pm »

The chick, for her part, is almost completely oblivious and apathetic to Ian's annoyance.
"You are looking at her. There are a few others, yes. We help to maintain the barrier, both against Vertex and against......oh, what you might refer to as......Trespassers.

As for myself, I remained through my devotion to the Shinju-sama and hanging on through sheer will. At least, that is how I may explain it.

We are to head to the other side and destroy the forces keeping this gash open."
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 02:07:38 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #15288 on: January 30, 2016, 01:35:16 pm »

"You didn't try it Alan. Anyways, your death thing sounds pretty nice. Can I do this when I die as well?"

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15289 on: January 30, 2016, 01:36:02 pm »

Eirika just nods. That was completely unheard of... Just through sheer will..?
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15290 on: January 30, 2016, 01:37:40 pm »

"I'm sorry, I was unclear.  I meant in the city.

Oh, them again.  I think we're long overdue for an explanation of just who the Trespassers are...  If you have one, we'd like to hear it.

What kind of stuff should we expect?

Ian, once again, it is Alanis.  There is no-one named Alan here."
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 01:42:24 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #15291 on: January 30, 2016, 01:42:38 pm »

It That Embraces takes the time to give the strong willed Hero an Embrace, thanking her for everything that she's done.

And on the off hand, booping Ian and Alanis. [Enough of that.]

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15292 on: January 30, 2016, 01:45:39 pm »

"Blwah..."
Sigtext

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15293 on: January 30, 2016, 01:47:45 pm »

ENG would spot the shape and move closer, trying to identify what it is as he hops from roof to roof with his jumpjets.(she is, so yeah.)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15294 on: January 30, 2016, 01:53:08 pm »

"I hardly wish to be like this forever. Only until there is no more need for me to protect mankind and serve the Shinju-sama. If there are other ghosts, I would like to meet them. I hardly ever meet even those who are stranded here.

It is lonely, after all, to be stranded in the eternal forest without any company."

Yuri frowns at the mention of Trespassers.
"You see, there are those of us who can hear the Shinju-sama's voice. Just as those who can fight them are called Heroes, they are called Miko, and those who are both are Messiahs. I am a Messiah, as classed by the Taisha. What I can glean from the voice of the Shinju-sama about the Trespassers is little, but I will attempt to share it with you.

The Trespassers are ancient beings. The Shinju-sama is ancient, older than even your companion here, but the Trespassers.....they have existed for so long that even the existence of a universe seems like a mere second in comparison to their lifespan. They were......sealed away by the gods, once, outside of existence, to be forgotten, to be lost in time.  They wish nothing but destruction and omnicide, and they are willing to do anything to reach that goal. Even manipulate others into becoming their pawns. Even take the forms of others. They will only strike at a world themselves if they know they can destroy it with little resistance.

It does not know how, but the Trespassers were released, almost six hundred years ago.

The gods of this world, most of them were turned against one another by a Trespasser. They were convinced that humanity needed to be purged, that they were deserving of death. And so the wrath of the gods was sent upon us. That was the end of the old world. Fortunately some remained who were uncorrupted, and in their hour of desperation, in our hour of need, they did what they could. Using their very bodies as shields, they formed barriers around as much as they could.

Shikoku Island. A land called Los Angeles. A country called Surrey. The former prefecture of Tokyo. The lands surrounding Kamogawa and Kamogawa itself. Those were what they could save from the wrath of the gods before our world was turned to dust. As for the gods, their bodies formed an impenetrable forest; the Jukai, one that the gods could not pierce through without sacrificing much of their power. Many of the gods formed single conglomerations; that is what we call the Shinju-sama. It is not one, but many.

The creatures you call......Vertex are a creation of the gods, of equal power to the gods themselves and capable of slaying the Shinju-sama where it stands. They are......almost similar to the form of Trespassers. The Hero System was a blessing of the Shinju-sama, designed to slay the Vertex, at least until it could mount a counter-attack against their opponents. I theorise that the Hero System could also slay Trespassers with ease; or at least, those with the System equipped. It is older magic, magic even older than the gods themselves, and so even they do not fully understand it. Nonetheless, it is one of their few tools, as they are devoting all their power to maintaining the Jukai, and they are man's stab at defying the orders of gods.

On the other side of that barrier, the Vertex are always searching for a way in. Expect multitudes of them, and the wrath of the corrupted gods."

ENG, meanwhile, tries to get closer. Unless he gets on the ground though, all he can make out is that they are dressed in a black hoodie and carrying a purple bag.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15295 on: January 30, 2016, 01:56:23 pm »

"Oh."
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 01:58:33 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15296 on: January 30, 2016, 01:57:08 pm »

Tourmaline follows behind ENG with surprising grace and agility.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #15297 on: January 30, 2016, 01:57:29 pm »

"The corrupted 'gods' can keep their wrath. If they were really gods they wouldn't need some grimm to fight for them."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15298 on: January 30, 2016, 01:58:04 pm »

Eirika's fists clench but she remains silent.
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15299 on: January 30, 2016, 02:00:02 pm »

"All things that exist are mortal, even that which claims not to be. Even the gods are."
Pages: 1 ... 1018 1019 [1020] 1021 1022 ... 1862