Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 902 903 [904] 905 906 ... 1862

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...  (Read 770150 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Vertex and God trees! Oh my!
« Reply #13545 on: January 20, 2016, 10:19:16 pm »

Evil laughter is heard from on high.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13546 on: January 20, 2016, 10:20:36 pm »

"No, I'm doing research on when and where we're likely to be."

"So video games are starting to materialize then, if I get what you're saying. Is that the only medium we're dealing with?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13547 on: January 20, 2016, 10:24:25 pm »

"You don't.  But so far, we've seen many, many, universes that map to ones that I've seen as works of fiction in mine."
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 10:31:07 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13548 on: January 20, 2016, 10:27:34 pm »

"They aren't fictional to some of us. They're reality."
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13549 on: January 20, 2016, 10:30:56 pm »

((Whoops.  *deploys Retconbot 3000*))
"Which is why I've stopped mentioning it.  Despite being under no illusions on the probability of my universe being in the same straits as everyone else."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13550 on: January 20, 2016, 10:49:57 pm »

"Does that mean you're temporarily on the team, or you've got some sort of contingency? Which I guess is fine, but we that is going to matter in the long term, like we can't expect you to always be around."

"Like everyone else, I was suddenly transported without warning from my universe. Having no other reasonable choice, I joined with the group to assist them with my expertise! I have been quite helpful! However my current status on the team is unknown. It is possible that I will be ordered to remain on the team in the long-term or that I will be forced to leave before then. Either because I was recalled by Doctor X to continue by work, or because I starved to death due to a lack of nutrients. As such I would recommend that you wait for a week or two before rendering judgement on me! By then the matter will have resolved itself one way or the other! Perhaps with my death! How exciting!" Motya grins maniacally. At least they're cheery about their prospects.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13551 on: January 20, 2016, 10:51:49 pm »

"Rrrrhm.  Nah.  Nevermind."
Sigtext

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13552 on: January 20, 2016, 10:54:18 pm »

"Yes? What is it?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13553 on: January 20, 2016, 10:58:02 pm »

Alanis dismisses the subject with a handwave.
"After dinner, when there's less squeamish."
Sigtext

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13554 on: January 20, 2016, 11:04:41 pm »

"What is the problem? Why can't we talk about it now?" Motya asks, peering closely at her with their sensory cluster. "I can assure you that it won't throw me off my dinner!" They make a noise like a hippopotamus winning the lottery. Truly their wit and humour knows no bounds.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13555 on: January 20, 2016, 11:22:06 pm »

"You don't.  But so far, we've seen many, many, universes that map to ones that I've seen as works of fiction in mine."

"Tell me what I'm not getting."

"Like everyone else, I was suddenly transported without warning from my universe. Having no other reasonable choice, I joined with the group to assist them with my expertise! I have been quite helpful! However my current status on the team is unknown. It is possible that I will be ordered to remain on the team in the long-term or that I will be forced to leave before then. Either because I was recalled by Doctor X to continue by work, or because I starved to death due to a lack of nutrients. As such I would recommend that you wait for a week or two before rendering judgement on me! By then the matter will have resolved itself one way or the other! Perhaps with my death! How exciting!" Motya grins maniacally. At least they're cheery about their prospects.

"Well, until then we can't be assured that you'll be with for a long time."

"What is the problem? Why can't we talk about it now?" Motya asks, peering closely at her with their sensory cluster. "I can assure you that it won't throw me off my dinner!" They make a noise like a hippopotamus winning the lottery. Truly their wit and humour knows no bounds.

Aesford eyed Alanis suspiciously. It could just be some sort of personal matter between her and the other being, but never favored secrets being exchanged between people on his team, especially if it regarded their comrades.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13556 on: January 21, 2016, 05:38:53 am »

"Mostly, I'm just avoiding the word because everyone gets annoyed if I use it."

Alanis returns their attention to Motya for a moment.

"Alas, not everybody is as unsqeamish as you are.  It will wait.

What is it, Aesford?"
Sigtext

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #13557 on: January 21, 2016, 06:07:44 am »

Sandra, meanwhile, is having the time of her life with a plate stacked with food.
thincake

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13558 on: January 21, 2016, 06:09:24 am »

Alanis waves at Sandra.  Assuming she's recently arrived.
Sigtext

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #13559 on: January 21, 2016, 06:10:25 am »

He might not want to look too long at the sight of someone out of touch with civilisation eating a lot of food very quickly.
thincake
Pages: 1 ... 902 903 [904] 905 906 ... 1862