Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 640 641 [642] 643 644 ... 1862

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...  (Read 772619 times)

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

It that Embraces stares, its enigmatic 'face' providing few clues, as usual.

[...Why?]

Why take your Soul, to be exact. Obviously, the Primordial is not up to date on the reason for this, though it's unclear if it's offering him mercy or just being confused.
"For what it's worth, you were a worthy opponent.  I would shake your hand but, you know, you kind of don't have one."

Alanis warily approaches and takes the fragment.

((niiiinjas ;~;))
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 02:25:16 pm by Twi »

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile

Within the black mass and the eye, Alanis feels a warmth as she retrieves the white fragment, glowing among the darkness.
"What else makes me different from the others is that I am the SOUL fragment..."
The black mass and eyeball fade away, as the voice alone seemed to come from the fragment.

"Of course, our quarrel isn't over yet. I won't be able to merge with the others unless I am willing, so instead of a battle of stones, I raise you one of words. Why should I help you? Why should I give up my current sentient existence to merge into a higher one where it is no longer I, but a conglomeration of aspects?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

"Because without the others, you're not whole.  You were drifting down a dark path.  Every fragment so far has been.  Besides, from what I know of you, you're dominant anyway."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Really? I feel pretty whole. If I merge, I won't be me anymore, will I?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

"But you aren't.  You already said it, you're a fragment.  You aren't you right now."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Yes, I am a fragment, but I am still a sentient entity while I am one, as I have my own identity. If I merged, that identity would change. Are you saying I should do some type of 'heroic sacrifice'?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

"I don't know.  I don't know what's going on, I don't know what I'm doing, I don't know how or why I'm doing this.  I don't know what I'm saying.  I just know that apparently something evil is out to eat everything and we need to stop it and I'm not even sure what the evil thing IS.  It's not...What I signed up for.  I don't know.  I don't.  Someone does, I'm sure, but they aren't me.  Make your own decision.  I can't help you with it."
Sigtext

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"As I stated before, I am not a fan of destroying the multiverse, but am still not entirely sure on giving up my own existence. Oh well, you have a while to try and convince me. In the meantime, why don't you hold my fragment? Surely my intellect will rub off on you, you definitely need it."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

"I suppose."

Alanis officially takes possession of the fragment.
Sigtext

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"You probably won't find the Remnant of Sorrow very thrilling. Turns out Gaster was pretty depressed about something."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

"...Were you around for the Fallen Human?"
Sigtext

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"...Were you around for the Fallen Human?"
"The what? My apologies, I can barely recall many of Gaster's memories."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

"Someone fell, from up above.  And then they were evil.  Golden flowers.  They had a name, but I don't know if they're 'speak of the devil'."
Sigtext

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

It That Embraces is not particularly chatty, it seems. Despite its curiosity about many of the things Alanis and Intellect talk about, it doesn't 'ask' much. Instead, she merely follows along, occasionally squeezing Alanis to partake of her warmth, even going so far as to find the fragment and lightly pet it as thouhg that would make the piece of soul feel better.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Alanis is still shivering in fear and shock from the massive Blaster, which did do some significant damage to her, and the realization that she truly has almost no clue what's going on.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 02:57:15 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 640 641 [642] 643 644 ... 1862