Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 1862

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...  (Read 772371 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

"Mrrr....

...As much as I wouldn't mind continuing like this forever, we should probably be progressing."

((unsure of what to feel))
((Feel the shipping.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile

((do not speak of me like i'm not the second most prolific shipper on bay12
but even i have limits, dammit
and it's far too early for me to be breaking them))
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

It That Embraces nods again, letting Alanis go and returning to the matter at hand. Back to the dungeon, to finding the people who have been taken.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

"Hmmm.  Where should we go?"
Alanis runs about the room, grabbing various bits off the desk and reconstructing the shamble, attempting to scry for the missing.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile

Well look at them both?
Also, open the entry door.

He gathers that behind both doors are hallways with other doors branching outward.

((That's what I thought. But like I said, making sure.))

[Different in some ways. Similar in others. Such a thin fragment of what once was whole. Yet still you cling to existence. In a sense, impressive. In another, sense, it would appear quite pitiful, taking those more solid than you for your own ends.]

There's no apparent emotion in her speech. If she thinks something of the remnant, she doesn't show it.

[So, you are not alone, then?]
 It That Embraces examines things along with Alanis, obviously curious about the room and the technology within.

"Correct. There are five remnants in total, including me. You have already defeated the Remnant of Ego, it seems? Yes, that's right. Ego. I suppose it spouted a lot of 'your weak' and 'prepare to die' bullshit?"
"But you see, hm.. How should I put this... I was never really corrupted by the Trespassers, as I represent Gaster's intellect. So because of this, I guess it would be correct to say that I am marginally weaker than the others. Though I make up for that in having a lot of minions you know. Anyways, have fun finding me, let me know if you need a hint."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

"Pretty much, yeah.  That one was rather creepy, actually.

Yes, please, I do love a good 'I know you know I know'."
Sigtext

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well, Alanis, it is true that I know a good deal about you all. Say, where's Ian and Chryssa? I had a good deal of fun collecting some of their friends - they will make excellent test subjects, with their power's influence. Though of course, an experiment isn't proper without a control group; maybe you all could fit the part?
What, no laughter? In case you didn't understand scientific jargon, I indirectly called you weak. It's true, since Chryssa isn't with you; after all, she's the one who carried you through the last fight."

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

[If you are not corrupted, you have no excuse for what you've done. Or is it simply for your own selfish reasons? Or because you are feeling threatened, perhaps?]

While she interrogates Intellect, It That Embraces continues to search around in the room. Probably looking for traces of people.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[If you are not corrupted, you have no excuse for what you've done. Or is it simply for your own selfish reasons? Or because you are feeling threatened, perhaps?]

While she interrogates Intellect, It That Embraces continues to search around in the room. Probably looking for traces of people.
"If curiosity counts as a selfish reason, then yes. I'm not really into the whole 'destruction of the multiverse' thing, you know? Though such a small sample of people won't really make a difference in the long run, won't it?"
"All  in  the  name  of  science,  right?"

Indeed, she found evidence of humans in the lab, but it has long since been faded away. Old lab notes, unfinished experiments...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

"Annnd there it is.

Also, the very definition of what quality constitutes a control group depends on the experiment you're running.  So really, you cannot properly test any hypothesis as to our fitness for the control group without having a hypothesis to test with which to produce a control group.

So not only do I understand your terminology, I have my own hypothesis that you are both corrupted AND not as smart as you assert you are."
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 01:57:09 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"What? This whole place is my experiment. Go ahead, keep going. You want my SOUL fragment, is that right? Come and get it."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

"Yes, but what are you testing with it?"
Sigtext

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Yes, but what are you testing with it?"
"The human souls here and their interaction with their environment via aura. I found the research of Atlas a little slow for my tastes."

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

[It is certainly selfish as a reason to take?kill?unmake people. Especially those more than you. Some people  approve of animal testing, but I've yet to see someone suggest that the animals should experiment on the humans.*]

*not literally what she says,  this is a complicated idea about the value of life. Yes, she's saying that Intellect's life is worth less than those of the people they experiment on.

[And in any event, your work here can hardly be called science. Were you planning to share your findings? It would certainly not seem that way, as you are hidden. Science is a thing shared among people, not a thing to hide to yourself. If you keep to yourself, your knowledge would die with  you, having  done nothing but feed your hunger for more. Such a waste.]

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

"...You channelling GLaDOS or something?  Seriously.

And as she said, science's results are meant to be shared and I somehow doubt that will happen...

Especially as you are guilty of way too many counts of kidnapping."
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 1862