Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 1862

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...  (Read 768996 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Holy phazon Monsters Samus!
« Reply #5835 on: November 24, 2015, 04:25:28 pm »

Mio doesn't even blink an eye at her raising her voice.
"You realise Alan called everyone in to vote on a new leader, yourself included, over the intercom? You were not left out, you simply didn't ask or listen. And I only allowed myself to be nominated because they were willing to put Bisnif in charge if I did not. Would you then rather that you had to deal with overthrowing Bisnif than interrupting this?

I will admit he is in the wrong, as I have throughout this conversation. I will NOT admit that you were right to assault him. Violence is a last resort, not some sort of conditioning tool, especially when we hardly know what we're up against. A leader would not jeopardise the team's stability as you did by attacking him. And a good teammate would not dare make such insults behind your back. If you believe I think either of you is in the right, you're mistaken.

And you know how I would feel? I would feel the same way. I wouldn't like it. But I would take it into account, talk with him, and understand why he would rather someone else was in charge, and see if I can amend myself. If he is in the wrong and continues to be so, then I would eject him from the team, as they should be. Either way, as is, that is no way for a true leader to react to criticism, justified or no."
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 04:28:05 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5836 on: November 24, 2015, 04:29:31 pm »

"Now, you do understand that the violence WAS my last resort, correct? He was about to walk out, uncontested on his insults."
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5837 on: November 24, 2015, 04:34:08 pm »

Eirika is amazed that all Chryssa focused on was that one small bit of what Mio said.
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5838 on: November 24, 2015, 04:37:29 pm »

"And you thought I wouldn't have contested him? I'm going to contest him. I was occupied at the time, and I was unable to every other time. Moreover, you decided to attack him first. If it was your last resort, the first action should have been to understand why he's doing it and get him to apologise- precisely the actions in such a situation YOU advocated, and why I stood by you initially.

His insults may be false, but the criticisms he brings up are not. You promised to stop the infighting by handling it yourself, and yet we've had infighting, and myself, Garnt and others had to arbitrate in your place. You promised to act as our strong leader, and yet we have people demanding I take over against my protests because they view anyone to be stronger than you, even those clearly unready for it. You insisted we move past our petty disagreements and what you did was attack someone over a petty disagreement instead of, as you stated, sitting down and talking to them about it in a civil manner.

Chryssa, thus far, you haven't fulfilled your promises as a leader. The actions you have taken in the course of leading thus far have been ineffectual or not the kind a true leader would take. There. I mean no malice, I mean no harm, I only mean to tell you why others would view your leadership as sub-par. Am I understood?"
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 04:40:26 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5839 on: November 24, 2015, 04:44:25 pm »

"I never said I was a good leader. I tried to amend my wrongs in the past, but alas, here I am, failing my team again... I understand you. But I did put forth the notion that people should come take the initiative to talk to me personally if something was wrong, and he didn't do it. That's all I have to say. But you'll have a much better job in the role than I. You've already proven as much with this conversation... but know that even strong leaders have their faults, and their breaking points. Alan hit mine. It's not what I wanted to happen. I do admit that. Sometimes it's hard to control yourself at your own breaking point."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5840 on: November 24, 2015, 04:49:47 pm »

"I know it's impossible, but you must try. If nothing else, you will be all the stronger for your self-control, both in battle and out of it, and people will be more willing to rally around a leader who can handle the stresses of their flock.

You put forth that notion, now enforce it. If they will not come to you, then come to them. Then they have no excuse for continuing their actions.

And finally, as I have said multiple times, I am no leader, I am merely a follower. I would be unable to handle the position. I couldn't with my own comrades, I can't with people I barely know. Garnt himself put it best. I lack the ability to unite people around me, and I lack the skill to lead in battle. All I possess is the ability to stop conflict, and even there I have failed."

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5841 on: November 24, 2015, 05:09:36 pm »

Chryssa simply just nods.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5842 on: November 24, 2015, 05:12:04 pm »

Mio nods.
"Again, if you feel there's anything wrong that you need to vent, please talk to me. I'm always willing to oblige.

I'm going to go leave you alone now. See you later, Chryssa."

With that, she walks out.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #5843 on: November 24, 2015, 05:13:15 pm »

Little sis follows the cake smell
No sig yet

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5844 on: November 24, 2015, 05:17:18 pm »

Chryssa punches the bag, then walks out and to another room.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5845 on: November 24, 2015, 05:36:35 pm »

Alan, for lack of being able to find anywhere that isn't packed, irrelevant, or not currently open, ends up at GB's bar.
He stands outside the door for a moment.
Need to ask her about what she likes anyway, if I'm planning a date...
If it's open, he walks in.

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5846 on: November 24, 2015, 05:37:56 pm »

"Ahey!"

Dackly pokes Gozer several times when Little Sister arrives, and snatches one of the loaves.

"Thissun gets a whole loaf."

"We apologize for you having given us your blood without us having an immediate use."

"Petricakes last for a very long time, so don't eat it all at once ok?"

A Petricake, practically an armful to the Little Sister, is handed over.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5847 on: November 24, 2015, 05:41:58 pm »

Mio heads over to the smell of cake.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #5848 on: November 24, 2015, 05:42:45 pm »

"Ill share this with daddy" and speaking of the hulking individual he walks in
"Ah...Cake. it has been 30 years since I have had this"
No sig yet

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5849 on: November 24, 2015, 05:46:13 pm »

Nisfib Teleports around, Towards the smell of Cake
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 1862