Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 1862

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...  (Read 768912 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Holy phazon Monsters Samus!
« Reply #5595 on: November 23, 2015, 06:15:18 pm »

"Letsh be fare, anywhone wo dodn't want Miho to be laeder wantsh it themshelfs."

Dackly slithers up onto Mio.

"Caush she is jusht tew cooooooooll."
Garnt's eyes open up at that, and he looks at Dackly.
"Or perhaps they do not want someone forced into a role they do not want, and have never wanted judging by previous conversations."
((yeah, yeah, i know im late
i was busy, alright))
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5596 on: November 23, 2015, 06:16:41 pm »

"Sometimes the best leaders are the ones who don't want the job."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5597 on: November 23, 2015, 06:17:13 pm »

"Tew late fer thaht."

"But then mai preshumptchun is bashed on who I beleaf is fachtuuly tha besht, Ultamahtley, ich her choish."

Dackly giggles again for no reason.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5598 on: November 23, 2015, 06:20:02 pm »

"Sometimes. But I have seen nothing to suggest she can actually lead. A great leader needs to be able to do more than diffuse some conflicts, and Mio has shown nothing of the sort so far."

"Ideally, we would have several people handling leadership. Somebody for tactics, at least two people for solving conflicts, one for distributing resources and so on and so forth."
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5599 on: November 23, 2015, 06:22:03 pm »

Mio simply gestures to Garnt, nodding in agreement.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5600 on: November 23, 2015, 06:23:20 pm »

"And this is why one in such a position would appoint subordinates as they see needful.  A head of state has advisers after all."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5601 on: November 23, 2015, 06:26:53 pm »

"Relly thogh, thosh are rolls under tha leedership poshision, and mater lessh as the conchol grup dimishines, Reshources haffent been a probblem people has complaned abaut, neether hash tactish. (ashide from me wantink to try dipropanlchly and ther being not ash much shuport as I wuld layk.) ahnd a comflikt resoluting leader ish ixactly what we ahr looking fohr."

Gozer sees that she is on a roll, but still wishes that Dackly would use easier to pronounce words in this state of drunkenness.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5602 on: November 23, 2015, 06:34:16 pm »

"Relly thogh, thosh are rolls under tha leedership poshision, and mater lessh as the conchol grup dimishines, Reshources haffent been a probblem people has complaned abaut, neether hash tactish. (ashide from me wantink to try dipropanlchly and ther being not ash much shuport as I wuld layk.) ahnd a comflikt resoluting leader ish ixactly what we ahr looking fohr."

Gozer sees that she is on a roll, but still wishes that Dackly would use easier to pronounce words in this state of drunkenness.
"It isn't really, however. Someone who resolves conflicts is not a 'leader'. They are, for lack of a better term, a 'hero' or 'peacekeeper', and that isn't nearly the same thing. A leader needs to be able to inspire people, to have others willingly follow them. That is what makes a great leader. Someone who can merely keep the peace temporarily is not a 'leader', but rather, as Alan said, an 'adviser'."

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5603 on: November 23, 2015, 06:36:22 pm »

"Thish wuld be ideel.  But onch agayn, nobody shteps up to thu playte.  Argo, a vote of anuffer short, in which we pich a leeder who fitch our needsh."

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5604 on: November 23, 2015, 06:46:09 pm »

"But she very clearly doesn't. Someone who can only temporarily resolve conflicts can, ultimately, do nothing, especially with this many clashing personalities on-board. We need someone who can solve that on a more permanent basis, someone we can unite around, and she is not that person, not with how much infighting has already happened despite her best efforts."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5605 on: November 23, 2015, 06:48:52 pm »

"How much of this infighting was Mio able to respond to, exactly?  We can't judge her on things she couldn't have done anything about, Garnt.  And frankly, I think a lot of the clashing personalities are due to the lack of external authority to which one would be answerable."
Sigtext

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5606 on: November 23, 2015, 06:51:47 pm »

Mio nods, having known this already. Nothing Garnt had said, she didn't already consider.

She didn't need to be told what was wrong with making her into something she wasn't. She was keenly aware of those faults. This was why she, though being the oldest of the Heroes in Kamogawa, never took charge, but allowed her younger companions to do so. Her experience was guidance, her skill a tool, but not for leading from the front.

One could say she could mend those faults, true enough. But what if she couldn't, or what if she tried and ran out of time before some sort of calamity befell the party? Those faults could cost too much, too much to justify risking them. Too much for her.

Too many unknowns. Too much risk. Not enough to justify her doing this.

Garnt was harsh, but all of what he'd said, she knew were her faults.

She just hoped whoever was ultimately responsible was not her and could cover the faults she possessed. And she would gladly back whoever that may be.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 06:55:59 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5607 on: November 23, 2015, 06:54:07 pm »

"And frankly, what makes you think people will take Mio's attempts more seriously than they did Chryssa's? She tried to lead. Very few people actually listened, and I fail to see how you think Mio will be more effective, especially with how much she clearly doesn't want to do it."

"That is, ultimately, what I find most detestable about all this. I will not allow someone to be forced into a role they have no wish to be in."

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5608 on: November 23, 2015, 06:55:49 pm »

"And we have officially reached the point we did last time."

"Do as you please, and face those consequences, Myself and Dackly will refrain from voting as well."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5609 on: November 23, 2015, 06:57:39 pm »

"... I suppose I can't disagree with you, Garnt.  I still think Mio would do better than anyone else available.

Though Mio seems to have a following already, so the problem of people not listening is already diminished.

Mio?
If you could pick any person or group of people to lead the party, who would you choose?"
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 07:03:03 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 1862