Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 1862

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...  (Read 769094 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Holy phazon Monsters Samus!
« Reply #5535 on: November 23, 2015, 04:42:47 pm »

"This is flat-out stupid.  I mean, in all seriousness, this is not a tenable situation to be in, when our ship's continued function depends on knowledge exactly one person has.

I get that there's some concern based on Bisnif, but ENG can at least be trusted to not cause massive explosions in simply looking at something in situ, and we need to have more thsn one person who can make repairs."
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 04:45:56 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5536 on: November 23, 2015, 04:48:12 pm »

"She, by now, has the right to kick us all off of it, considering just how many repairs she has put into it."

"Considering we are no longer stranded, and how this ship has been almost completely retrofitted with Gem technology, I believe it has amounted to 'her way or the highway'."

"Even if it wasn't, I am still responsible for having created that tortured creature and getting dragged into this dispute, and cannot really stand by while ENG runs rampant with Periw's devices.  Let THEM settle THEIR business, and step in when something more than idle threats happens."

"If yous worried ebout tha ship, we BOUGHT a ney one, so dun worry!"

Dackly seems to have forgotten it's need for repairs.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5537 on: November 23, 2015, 04:50:44 pm »

"Oh whatever.  I still think that knowledge-sharing is emphatically better than this current situation, however.

You bought... Ship... Huh?
... I have this feeling I need to see this ship we apparently own. 
With our engineers in tow.

... Wow, I almost forgot about that one..."

Alan looks for the Stobonoid.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 04:53:03 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5538 on: November 23, 2015, 04:52:44 pm »

he would let out  a chuckle, as if she said something funny.
maybe next time you want to prank me, you do it when there is no chance of a hull breach going on at the same time.
I've been trying to be nice, wrangling Dackly and Gozer into a attempt to make a new robonoid, and I informed you of my actions beforehand so that you would not worry if you saw my drone running around. Frankly though, hacking my camera is not at all helpful when I am trying to fix a mistake!

Now, if you want to make this into a damn war, by all means. I have no problems fighting people I can associate with. Otherwise, let's both agree to one of two things. We share our tech and inform each other of developments, or leave each other alone.

he would remove his goggles after setting them to the kirolcam, and offer them to the group to look at,annoyed immensely.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5539 on: November 23, 2015, 04:54:37 pm »

"Gozer, what other ship do we own?  I think we may need to take a look at it."
Sigtext

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5540 on: November 23, 2015, 04:58:13 pm »

"I'm not going to kick you all off. I haven't even full retrofitted it yet, not that I'm not trying. But... It's an invasion of privacy! He's acting just like Blue Diamond did back on homeworld." Periw tosses her hands up in an annoyed way, then glares at ENG, "No! not only did you attempt to mess with my stuff, but you also destroyed on of my robonoids! you had your chance to apologize and you blew it. As for the potential hull breach, I doubt it. I already sent one of my robonoids to check on what you messed up and the android you made. It found the... Granants. They have begun collecting all spare earth materials to build a colony in the underbelly of the ship."
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5541 on: November 23, 2015, 04:59:39 pm »

Kirol exits a vent nearby, "They call themselves Granants in thanks to Sir Gozer, who they see as a god of sorts."
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5542 on: November 23, 2015, 05:01:23 pm »

"Remember that until your Exposition Fairy says otherwise, we are basically mercenaries, so keeping knowledge to ourselves is helpful, Do you think it would be a good idea for Me and Dackly to share Petrification immune gear or pastries with everyone?"

"It isn't because it puts us under the thumb of our own allies.  Could you imagine how bad this would be if either side knew enough about the other's tech to stretch this out?"

"Not pretty."

"It will take some repairs, but It is a good small fighter according to the man we bought it off of.  Surprising how fast 'Flying Snake Girl Plus Artistic Realistic Statues Dancing' brings in credits."

"We also purchased power armor, which is one of the reasons I am staying neutral here, since our goals confidence with one or both of them still being friends with me and Dackly."

"Really Alan, you should have stuck around for the show, we lent out some money to Deathspell during our little shopping trip as well."

Gozer has to restrain himself from giving a slight chuckle

"Wait it's reproducing?"

Gozer goes stock still.

"I-...

...Are they doing anything else?"

Dackly waves her hand in front of his face a few times, with no response.

"Da shipsh in thu bahy, I think." she confirms.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 05:03:33 pm by Shadestyle »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5543 on: November 23, 2015, 05:05:40 pm »

"You have a point, I guess.

But knowledge-sharing isn't handing out free gear.  It's making sure that someone's rampant curiosity doesn't break the ship.

What...Are you still drunk or something?"
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 05:08:34 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5544 on: November 23, 2015, 05:06:27 pm »

on top of that, how did they make it outside without an airlock or some such?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5545 on: November 23, 2015, 05:08:08 pm »

"And yet while we lack any way of countering her petrification, she has us just as easily under her thumb.

Also, if we barely trust each other enough to work together, then whoever decided we were the 'mercenaries' so to speak may as well take us all back home and take a bunch of other people who aren't near as dysfunctional and can work together better than we have thus far.

That way, whatever they wanted us for, it won't be jeopardised."

Mio walks in, having heard the whole thing and decided to walk in just now.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5546 on: November 23, 2015, 05:09:58 pm »

"Why aren't you the leader, again?"
Sigtext

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5547 on: November 23, 2015, 05:12:59 pm »

Gozer snaps out of his stupor

"Checks and balances Mio, nobody tries anything even when they want to because of the consequences, you already have us out of the equation simply because you convinced us it was the wrong course of action to take, freezing people just to break up a fight."

"Yah! We alleddy shaid we wasn't gonna do it!"

Dackly is pouting with her arms crossed under her facemask.

"If we weren't dysfunctional, we might all agree on a poor decision without thinking it through."

He coughs, which considering he does not have lungs, is purely aesthetic.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5548 on: November 23, 2015, 05:14:03 pm »

"You'd be better off directing that question to someone who is far more experienced than myself. Gozer himself is an ancient earth elemental of some sort, is he not? Alria, Garnt and ENG are all trained soldiers. Chryssa has led teams as varied as ours. All of them are far more experienced, and far better at reasoning than I.

My experience of leadership is all of one battle in my homeworld, where I knew all the members personally, and which wasn't nearly as varied nor as large as this.

What you'd be asking is for a novice to lead a group of veterans."

Mio turns to Dackly and Gozer.
"True. Still, if we have to do that to begin with, and if we have to be concerned about a poor decision to begin with, we're not doing a very good job as a team at all."

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5549 on: November 23, 2015, 05:17:01 pm »

"Nobody wants to take up the mantle of Leader."

"So ragtag we remain, until a hierarchy is established."

"Nobuddy's perfect, and perfect ish dumb."

"Good teamsh can't get as better as bad ones."

Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 1862