Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1859 1860 [1861] 1862

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...  (Read 766195 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...
« Reply #27900 on: August 19, 2016, 08:19:29 pm »

"Interesting."
ASEAMAT analyzes the situation.  Could, perhaps, a Weighted Storage Cube protect from the turrets?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 08:41:24 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #27901 on: August 19, 2016, 10:03:26 pm »

Ashley whistles an innocent tune.
"Well, I reckon we can just teleport past these."
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #27902 on: August 19, 2016, 10:24:22 pm »

Among the scattered remains, one can easily pick out the useful from the detritus.

Level 1 Damaged Power Limiter
Effects: While Equipped, -1 Syn during combat, when removed, gain +1 Syn for the same amount of turns as it was equipped During combat.
Description: A device for managing power levels, it restricts Energy Flow, causing it to back up over time.

Level 1 RYNO
Type: Physical Ranged
Effects:
-Can make an AoE Basic in return for a 2 Turn Stun on the User
Base Damage: 15d2

4 Metal Teeth
Description: Made of an odd alloy, these Sharp Metal teeth are whole and unscratched, despite heavy use.

Puddle of Dark Ooze
Description: Pulsating Icky Ooze...

Energy Vein
Description: This strange crystalline pipe is jaggedly fractured on one end, and on the other, clear threading is embossed, it can route energy effectively.

Ruined Regitine Plates
Description: These Metal Plates contain an artificial web of nerves, allowing them to detect touch, previuously, they were wired to reactive auto-turrets.

The Turrets sweep slowly from one end of the hall to the other, covering everything the intended part of the hallway has.  The damaged portions of the wall might be an option for someone who could contort themselves into the spaces, or otherwise fit into the damaged areas.

A theoretical weighted Storage cube is sacrificed on the altar of science, as the internally simulated turrets shoot it into the pit behind it's assumed impact site upon being hypothetically thrown using some form of assumed weaponry.  It is undamaged, but lost.  Or so ASEAMAT's calculations say...  Protecting oneself with a Weighted Storage Cube would work if they had a way of bracing themselves against the impacts beyond simple weight.

The malicious Haze caused by the Z-king's Damage and the Puddles of Dark Ooze make Teleporting in the warped space an option that has a respected amount of danger.  If those two factors could be circumvented or removed, Teleportation would be a safe and reasonable option.

You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #27903 on: August 19, 2016, 10:29:25 pm »

Ashley picks up the RYNO, and the 4 Metal Teeth.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27904 on: August 19, 2016, 10:33:33 pm »

ASEAMAT collects and stores the the Energy Vein, Regitine Plates, and Ooze.  They shoot a High Energy Pellet down the corridor.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27905 on: August 19, 2016, 10:58:34 pm »

Isshen picks up the Damaged Power Limiter, looking over it curiously.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #27906 on: August 19, 2016, 11:34:35 pm »

Kyanna gets salty because everyone nicked all of the loot before the actual crafter could get after it

She assesses the pit to see how feasible leaping over it with jumpjets would be.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #27907 on: August 19, 2016, 11:38:24 pm »

Upon firing a High Energy Pellet, A turret Targets and detonates it with a homing missile, which tails it and then of course, explodes it.

How does ASEAMAT pick up and store the ooze?  It litters the floor in puddles.

Damage to the Power Limiter Limits the amount of Power it can Limit, It appears to warp the speed at which activity within it occurs on a microscopic level, causing anything ran through it to be weaker and slower by a small amount.  The damage is to it's Power supply shielding, which has been itself tainted by it's own power limitation in a feedback loop.

Assessing the pit, Jumpjets would be an option, providing that the low height of the corridor does not doom her momentum, and herself, to an early grave, proceeding a sudden drop...  Depends entirely on how much ceiling height the Jumpjets require to achieve maximum lateral movement.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #27908 on: August 19, 2016, 11:43:24 pm »

Kyanna takes a few steps back and lines herself up with the hall straight. Instead of jumping, however, she charges up a Nova Blast and fires it at a turret experimentally.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #27909 on: August 19, 2016, 11:49:37 pm »

The turret fires a rocket at the Nova Blast, causing it to detonate prematurely on the missile instead of the turret.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #27910 on: August 19, 2016, 11:53:13 pm »

Kyanna shoots a normal blast (which travels at significantly higher speed than a Nova Blast) at one of the dents in the walls.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27911 on: August 20, 2016, 07:45:39 am »

Ikarus stretches his body, contorting it in impossible ways into the damaged areas of the wall.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27912 on: August 20, 2016, 09:00:04 am »

ASEAMAT, in classic Portal 2 tradition, attempts to block off the turrets with Hard Light Bridges.

Failing that, they apply Thermal Discouragement Beams to the problem, which are literally lasers.
Sigtext

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #27913 on: August 24, 2016, 04:37:26 pm »

Gigas - heavy shot chryssa - missed
Fuzz B - rapidfire ian i guess - deals [6] damage total
Ian - Basic Attack Fuzz B i guess - deals [6] damage
Lexy A - nothing because magic lock lol
eirika - shank lexy A - deals [22] damage
Fuzz A - stunned
Chartre - Waterlog Fuzz A - its waterlogged and it took [2] damage, -3 res
Chryssa - Combo Break Lexy B - [29] damage
Alanis - Kinetic Burst Gigas A - alanis doesn't even have this action any more? so i'll just say like [15] damage
ItE - heal something i guess idunno - healed chartre to full
Loki - mabufula all the shit - dealt [11] base damage, so 0 to fuzz, 7 to gigas, 1 to lexys (rip loki)
Lexy B - what are magic locks
E-Penelope - Basic something random - [6] basic attack Gigas for [8] damage
Mio - Oni-Kagura Corrupt Fuzz B - [Success] Stuns Fuzz A, deals [8] damage
Kenji - rapidfire lexy b - deals [40] ((It was higher but I lowered the result because I intend to nerf Kenji's rapidfire.))

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Quick post because I haven't the time to fluff it. Thank you KingMurdoc for rolling. I left in a couple of your comments but not all.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27914 on: August 24, 2016, 04:39:38 pm »

((Huh.  Alanis should have Kinetic Burst.))
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 1859 1860 [1861] 1862