Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1567 1568 [1569] 1570 1571 ... 1862

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...  (Read 772878 times)

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...
« Reply #23520 on: April 08, 2016, 10:41:58 am »

"W-What?"
Contagion stands up, and looks at himself.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23521 on: April 08, 2016, 10:47:08 am »

Wilson follows the man outside to a sea of fire. The man curses and takes Wilson's hand, running him to a truck and throwing Wilson in the truckbed with several other scared and confused children. "Go! Take my son!" The truck speeds off as the man and the burning village disappear into the distance.
For the next few days, Wilson and the children are stuck in a peacekeeper camp. There is hardly enough food and water to go around. A group of boys that tower over Wilson approach him, "Wilson, come with us. We are leaving."

Penelope finds nothing on her and merely has a slight pain in her head. "Well now, let's go have dinner with Daddy. We made spaghetti tonight, your favorite!"

Wilson stands up in his bed, looking at himself. There is a mirror nearby, and when he looks at it, only a normal looking brown haired schoolboy in pajamas is staring back at him. "Contagion! It's okay honey, please lay down!" The woman rushes over to him, lowering him back into bed. "It was just a nightmare, okay?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23522 on: April 08, 2016, 10:49:08 am »

Wilson nods. He didn't really understand a lot of this, but went with the boys.
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #23523 on: April 08, 2016, 10:50:58 am »

I'm impressed. Very inaccurate, if it's doing what I think it's doing, but very impressive.

"Alright, mom!"
Penelope pulls herself up.

......she remembered being taller. It felt weird, being shorter than a five foot tall person.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #23524 on: April 08, 2016, 10:55:36 am »

Evridiki has now discovered the station, and is now curiously looking at it as she walks it's hallways -- was it some sort of... dimensional nexus? Certainly, not everything seemed to match up.

Who or what might she run into or find?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23525 on: April 08, 2016, 10:56:02 am »

Sachi, maybe?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23526 on: April 08, 2016, 11:09:43 am »

Wilson and the boys sneak out into the jungle under the cover of darkness. As their weeks of walking and scavenging begin, Wilson recalls the dream he had when this all started. He was in a space station with some people right? Wasn't there something about that...
One day, a group of camouflaged soldiers, all around the same age as him, encounters Wilson and his group. Surrounded at gunpoint, a beret-and-fatigue wearing man confronts Wilson them, "What are you all doing here?"

Penelope and her mother go into their house to eat dinner with a plain looking man called "Dad". After dinner is finished, Penelope is instructed by her mother, "Go to bed now dear, you don't want to miss school in the morning!"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23527 on: April 08, 2016, 11:11:20 am »

"I-I don't know, I swear.."
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23528 on: April 08, 2016, 11:13:38 am »

Penelope nods.
"Alright, mother!"
She heads upstairs.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23529 on: April 08, 2016, 11:17:33 am »

The man puts his hand on Wilson's head. "What happened to your family?" Wilson is hit by a sudden influx of memories, of all those years he spent with his family. Birthdays, Christmases, singing songs around the fireplace, trips to the watering hole with Grandpa.

The next few weeks for Penelope are pretty mundane, consisting of going to school, coming home, playing and doing homework, hanging around her parents and her friends in the rural small town. This simulation was sure taking a long time.
One day at school, Penelope's class is given an assignment, a 100-word (that's right, a whole hundred!) essay on what they want to be when they group up.

((If I wasn't making it clear, everyone in the simulation is experiencing game time, not real time.))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23530 on: April 08, 2016, 11:21:03 am »

Penelope's essay, of course, is a hundred word essay on her being a....soldier when she grows up. Hm. It's probably got something about 'protecting others' and 'doing what's right' in it.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23531 on: April 08, 2016, 11:25:28 am »

"I don't know.."
Black lives matter.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23532 on: April 08, 2016, 11:32:35 am »

Years pass for Penelope. She takes up an interest in the military and books on the concepts of justice and honor. In this world, there are no superheroes, regular men and women must fight to protect their homelands. One day at her high school, a table for the National Army has been set up in the gym.

"Bad things happen to your family, bad men have come and taken them, have killed them! Come with me, all of you, and will  shall get these bad men."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23533 on: April 08, 2016, 11:36:01 am »

She looks at the table carefully.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23534 on: April 08, 2016, 11:41:24 am »

"O-okay."
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 1567 1568 [1569] 1570 1571 ... 1862