Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1171 1172 [1173] 1174 1175 ... 1862

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...  (Read 771766 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...
« Reply #17580 on: March 07, 2016, 04:51:52 pm »

Motya was busy trying to collect samples from the Trespasser and/or Vertex and as such is first on the scene as the area ripples and swirls. Prudently they step back a little it so as not to be caught up in the effect, whatever it is supposed to me.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #17581 on: March 07, 2016, 04:52:09 pm »

Well, Garnt totally woke up.

He is promptly confused by the scene he awakes seeing.
"...what's going on here?"
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17582 on: March 07, 2016, 04:53:27 pm »

Alanis shrugs.  Assuming she's anywhere near Garnt.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #17583 on: March 07, 2016, 05:05:38 pm »

Chryssa picks herself up to a knee. It's clear she's not ready to fight again, based off the smoke rolling from her back. She shakes.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #17584 on: March 07, 2016, 05:08:15 pm »

Ian tosses Chryssa a potato as he watches the thing.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #17585 on: March 07, 2016, 05:10:45 pm »

And then the ripple explodes and all are enshrouded in black.

Black. Nothing but black.

Nothing but darkness- no. Darkness can't describe what you perceive at this in time. Darkness implies an absence of light, but not this. This....this is worse.

Oblivion is more like it. Nothing, forever and ever and everandeverandever-

No, wait. You can see your party members, floating in the void near you.

And in front of you floats something indescribable.

A mass of tendrils, squirming- no wait, no, it's a mass of heads of unknown fanged creatures, gnashing at some unseen prey- no, wait, a chorus of screaming faces, their black eyes melting into bubbling acidic streams pouring down their cheeks and into their mouths as their screams seem to yell for your name- no, now a mass of eyeballs, some bursting into sickening red globs of something-

Even simply being near this creature instills some sort of primal, instinctive fear, deep down in the recesses of the mind. The part that once feared the dark, the things that moved in shadows, that which lay beyond the light.

This, you know already, is a Trespasser's soul. You barely have enough time to react before, immediately, you feel yourself beginning to be diminished, squashed from existence and reduced to nothing. The Trespasser slowly, but surely, is using its will to destroy you, to crush your soul into nothing and consume the dead husk that is left behind. The fear of oncoming death fills you, but not for long.

Soon, it is replaced by one of deep calm, of contentment. For a moment, you even feel as if giving in would be a good idea. Just a moment.

And then you are brought back to reality. Your death draws near.

But yet you refuse to die.

You struggle. You claw back. You fight back. Either way, you resist.
How do you resist the all-crushing Trespasser's influence?
((Yes, this is perfect time for badass speeches calling out the Trespassers, shows of determination, full hamminess, etc. etc. or in Motya's case, being Motya. :P ))

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17586 on: March 07, 2016, 05:11:10 pm »

[editing]
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17587 on: March 07, 2016, 05:17:13 pm »

Alanis draws strength from, bizzarely enough, Undertale, in this rather desperate moment.  Her own soul pulses as the Trespasser tries to extinguish it, thrumming with magic, and a vortex of crackling red surges into and out of her, illuminating the void, as she simply refuses to give up being.

A red, somewhat pixellated heart un-breaks around Alanis as her determination overpowers the Trespasser's power.

Her voice, though quiet, nevertheless rings throughout the void.

"But it refused."

Alanis thrums with power, building up far past any sane limits.

Then, she throws one, single, red fireball.  It explodes as it splashes against the Trespasser's soul, scouring it and, for even but a moment, illuminating the void with the light of the sun.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 05:45:30 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17588 on: March 07, 2016, 05:20:13 pm »

ENG would simply stare into the void that was the trespasser's soul.  He had seen a void like it, many many times before. Just another chip out of his being to hold together.
But something was different, he was not dead. He was weak, but definitely not dead. He would attempt to get to his feet if he could, and start walking up to the soul. He seems oddly, almost maddeningly calm.

"Hello again."
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 03:58:48 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #17589 on: March 07, 2016, 05:23:06 pm »

Anna saw her life flash before her eyes. Her youth, learning how to build things with her parents, school. She saw all that. She saw her first impression of Bulwark Academy again. Felt her optimism. She remembered her first battle, the test for advanced combat classes. She saw the faces of her friends and the people that could be her friends.

Then she saw the recent times. The fear when she was suddenly in a strange place filled with stranger people. That first enemy- that was her first kill, she realized. The suit attacking her. The suit killing Ian. The station. Hyrule. Mio's world.

She'd been exposed to more danger than she ever had, and seen more than almost anyone from her world. Some people might be satisfied with that life. When someone finds their life on the line, their true character is shown. Some are strong. Some are smart.

Anna discovered she was unbreakable.

She would not die to this. She cannot die to this. Her life isn't over. She isn't satisfied with this. Her resistance was not in pushing back. Her resistance was simply refusing to be pushed in the first place. She only said a word.

"No."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #17590 on: March 07, 2016, 05:30:46 pm »

Gozer is a part of a whole, his soul can no more be crushed than the soul of one's finger may be crushed, the very Universe holds him like a puppet, to which no pain may be felt by.

As for Dackly?...

Some part of her deep down laughs...

All that fear, all that hate, It is what she is, the fear of death, of oblivion, Her hatred is strong yes, but even more than that, her power over hatred is stronger, even while unconscious, the tresspasser's hate calls out to her, attacking in a way that she is familiar with.

In her mind's eye she sees the tresspasser, and in seeing her, it's hate is turned against it.

"Only hope is immune to me.  Love, compassion, all things that reject my power."

She thinks, waking up.

"I am the orchestrator of fear and hate."

"Such a vile little thing, so free of the things that save one from me, free of love, and hope."

Dackly looks out the window of the ship, sitting up in Gozer's arms, and Glares at it.

"So long as I have love and hope, the things you are are putty in my hands."

Her glare intensifies, as she declares this force of evil an enemy of hers.

"Petrified by fear, feel real hatred from me!" she screams, repelling the Trespasser's influence.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 05:32:37 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #17591 on: March 07, 2016, 05:34:56 pm »

Ian doesn't consciously realize that he's in any danger, more being in a place that's very much familiar to him. A small cave out in a desert. His home when he's fighting. Of course, he perceives the danger it's in, this time in the form of a particularly large tree dwelling rodent clawing the entrance of the cave. The cave however is fighting back, spikes manifesting everywhere it touches, making wounds that bleed black smoke. He walks up to the rodent and tugs it's legs out from under it leading to it falling, angry looking wolf claws appearing to hold down the enemy. It struggles as Ian walks around to it's head. With an angry growl Ian leans down and plucks an eye from it's socket.... then, he awakens, unknowing of what happened beyond fighting something off

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17592 on: March 07, 2016, 06:12:17 pm »

This? This nothingness? It was laughable. In mere weeks Eirika had been through more hardship and life-ending terror than an entire year before she was taken.
And yet this being; this single being, that they had just killed, believed it could stop GRIMA?

The Mark upon Eirika's face glows maddeningly bright in the void of darkness, and she speaks three simple words; though they are not her own.
"I
pity
you."
Black lives matter.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17593 on: March 07, 2016, 06:26:24 pm »

Tourmaline... Tourmaline just remains silent, content showing on her face as her 'soul' was resisting being devoured, "I am more than what you can devour. I am far to complex for something so simple minded like you to understand. So go ahead and try. Periw and Citrine will never bend to your whim, and I will never stop being me." Tourmaline just laughs, her very essence filling with determination and defiance.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #17594 on: March 07, 2016, 06:27:15 pm »

Big daddy is silent  his visor a light within the darkness. he is all to familiar with the dark he unleashes his lighting frost and inferno so he may bring light to this void
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 06:34:27 pm by Bluexdog »
No sig yet
Pages: 1 ... 1171 1172 [1173] 1174 1175 ... 1862