Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1153 1154 [1155] 1156 1157 ... 1862

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...  (Read 766726 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Vertex and God trees! Oh my!
« Reply #17310 on: February 29, 2016, 03:53:58 pm »

((She has shields though.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17311 on: February 29, 2016, 03:56:58 pm »

((Isn't Mio a glass cannon though? Is there some sort of ER-style psychic contamination going on, making everyone think she's a tank? :P))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17312 on: February 29, 2016, 03:58:56 pm »

((Isn't Mio a glass cannon though? Is there some sort of ER-style psychic contamination going on, making everyone think she's a tank? :P))
((Probably, ye
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #17313 on: February 29, 2016, 04:01:13 pm »

((Mio is ultimate glass cannon. Her only defense is her Fairy Barrier. :P))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17314 on: February 29, 2016, 04:02:33 pm »

((u srs?  how we not notice this yet?  also stop yap, gib turn))
Sigtext

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17315 on: February 29, 2016, 04:03:49 pm »

((b patient
i just finished writing your party's turn, now to do trespasser party's))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17316 on: February 29, 2016, 04:04:37 pm »

((The counter rises. Two out of ██))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #17317 on: February 29, 2016, 04:06:19 pm »

((I thought Mio was tanky because when I sent Elf the boss sheet for my plot, he said that it could two shot nearly everyone except for Mio, Anna, Chryssa, and a few other tanky people.

I nerfed it, don't worry.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17318 on: February 29, 2016, 04:07:30 pm »

((It's more Mio's health than her tankiness that keeps her from being easily two-shotted. :P))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17319 on: February 29, 2016, 04:08:41 pm »

((But health == tanky in a lot of cases.))
Sigtext

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #17320 on: February 29, 2016, 04:25:50 pm »

((Also I'd say 10 RES is pretty tanky, all things considered.))
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17321 on: February 29, 2016, 04:46:29 pm »

Turn 1
~Battle Theme (Kagutsuchi)~
Libra Vertex:
Player Turn:
Alanis attempts to use her command of gravity magic to lock the gargantuan orb of flames away from the tree. While it fails to stun, what it does do is deal 7 damage to the creature. It continues its inexorable advance towards the ship.

”Desist, foul creature! For the good of all humanity, I smite thee!”
A blast of dragon-shaped petals slams into the side of the Libra Vertex from Chizuru’s prayer beads. The magic partially fizzles out on contact, and Chizuru only deals 27 damage to the Vertex.

Ian attempts to go for a melee attack, leaping into the creature’s ‘face’ to claw at it. This barely does anything to it, dealing only 2 damage as he falls back.

Yuki raises her shield and stands in front of Ian. Both are now protected by Yuki’s shield, and half of all incoming damage to Ian will be deflected onto Yuki instead.

Sandra cowers in fear!

Hikari aims carefully, taking a shot at the Vertex’s ‘face’! An arrow of light slams into the crystal directly, dealing a critical hit! However, the damage seems to be mitigated again, and Hikari only deals 20 damage to it.

Anna attempts to blast it with Ice Dust! However, the damage is negated.

Garnt manages to avoid its attention, ducking down and managing to leap onto one of its orbs, jumping onto the back of the Libra Vertex to stab it! The area where the blade meets seems to fizz slightly, and he deals 28 damage to the Vertex as he leaps away.

Motya spits acid at the Vertex! While it deals no damage, the orb of fire that comprises its body seems to bubble at the blow, as the biobeast’s acidic secretions reduce its defense by 6.

Chryssa slams Jaiko into the face of the Vertex twice, dealing 12 damage with the first strike and 10 damage with the second.

Big Daddy attempts to stab it with his drill. However, despite Motya’s having weakened it, his attack is still negated.

Enemy Turn:
The Vertex turns its terrible gaze upon Alanis, pausing as it detects threats to its health. Its crystal ‘eye’ flickers, blasting her with a searing light! It deals 20 damage and burns her, dealing a further 3 damage!

It then turns on Chryssa, blasting her with several orbs of light and dealing 14 damage. She gets struck again with the same attack, dealing another 27 damage!

Turning to Garnt, it slams said orbs into him next, dealing 21 damage.

Finally, the crystal gazes upwards, before a shower of searing light pellets rains down upon the party!
Alanis takes 16 damage.
Chizuru takes 10 damage.
Ian and Yuki split the damage, taking no damage from the attack.
Sandra takes 15 damage.
Hikari takes 8 damage.
Anna negates the damage.
Garnt takes 7 damage.
Motya takes 5 damage.
Chryssa takes 5 damage.
Big Daddy takes only 6 damage.

Sachi’s voice comes on in their heads.
I-I can’t do much here, I’m afraid. J-Just warning you, t-try not to counter-attack this thing! I can sense something about its structure that’ll hit back if you do!

~Surgam Identidem (Walpurgisnacht Theme)~
Trespasser:
Player Turn:
Sora launches herself at the Trespasser, attempting to wound it with her spear. However, with a flick of its tentacle, it smacks Sora back as it advances towards the Shinju tree, ignoring her attempt.

Mio attempts to follow up with a God Hand and a mighty roar, only for her own attack to be negated.

Even the powerful Embrace of the Primordial doesn’t seem to be bothering it much, either, and Her mortal form gets thrown back.

Lynch and Aesford watch it advance, trying to Juke it, but it fails to have any effect.

Everyone’s attacks seem utterly useless against it as it advances inexorably towards the Shinju tree. Even Boxwood’s attempt to advise on it fails to glean anything whatsoever.

Mio calls on Sachi, sounding frantic in her mind..
Sachi, what’s going on? Why can’t we hurt it?
I’m trying to d-detect its weakness, but I-I can’t seem to get anything on it! W-wait….WHAT?!
Enemy Turn:
The giant mass of shadowy tendrils wraps itself around the trunk of the Shinju, releasing a horrifying screech that shakes fear into even the ancient Primordial herself, as She recalls the oblivion that consumed Her own world, once, and tore Her into pieces.

It opens its mouth wide and clamps on deeply onto the bark with a sickening crunch.

The tree glows brightly, releasing the loudest, most shrill scream anyone had ever heard. It seems as if the souls of a multitude, a legion, a whole host of people are screaming in pain- sheer, agonising, mortal pain.

Before everyone can move however, the area where the Trespasser is clamping around the trunk seems to release a burst of light, causing the devourer to screech in agony, as a part of the tendrils seems to shrivel away, revealing a pulsing yellow orb, dripping with some sort of iridescent fluid. It attempts to cover this newly revealed sack with more tendrils, but each tendril that attempts to cover it recoils, as if stung by some sort of invisible flame.

Sachi’s voice returns.
I-I think the….I think the Shinju just w-weakened it! T-try attacking it now! B-but….p-please, hurry! I don’t think you have much time left before t-they...t-they give in….”

You have eight turns to kill the Trespasser before the Shinju fades and is devoured.

Spoiler: HP and Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17322 on: February 29, 2016, 04:48:35 pm »

"Ngah!  Medic!"

Kinetic Shell!  Also, hide behind Motya!
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 05:00:02 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #17323 on: February 29, 2016, 04:51:03 pm »

Sandra, still trembling, begins oozing some form of fluid from all her pores, sticky and rapidly hardening. It begins to form a cocoon around her.
"..."
thincake

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #17324 on: February 29, 2016, 04:51:53 pm »

((So the damage was negated, but what about the effect?))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 1153 1154 [1155] 1156 1157 ... 1862