Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1050 1051 [1052] 1053 1054 ... 1862

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...  (Read 769947 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Vertex and God trees! Oh my!
« Reply #15765 on: February 01, 2016, 05:41:44 pm »

"Your sister...?
...I'm so sorry, Mio."

Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #15766 on: February 01, 2016, 05:42:46 pm »

Mio just.....sinks into Eirika's hug, after a minute. She sniffs, rubbing her eyes.
"......I-I...."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15767 on: February 01, 2016, 05:43:57 pm »

"..."

Alanis waves Ian away and lets them hug.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15768 on: February 01, 2016, 05:44:23 pm »

"I can't stand to see you like this, Mio. You're more important to me than any damn fell dragon."
Black lives matter.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #15769 on: February 01, 2016, 05:50:58 pm »

sandra appears and stabs them to death
thincake

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15770 on: February 01, 2016, 05:57:46 pm »

Alanis extricates herself and closes the door as she leaves.  She has reclaimed her phone.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15771 on: February 01, 2016, 05:59:05 pm »

sandra appears and stabs them to death
ENG ambushes Sandra and guns her down before she can get close enough.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15772 on: February 01, 2016, 06:01:41 pm »

Mio shakes her head and returns the hug.
"It's just.....I....

.....i-it's just not been....I've been....I-I have to tell you.

S-Sachi....s-she wasn't the first person I lost. I-I lost my parents, too. I-It was a car crash. T-Tatsuya was just a baby, a-and I had to......me and Taro....I-I had to take care of my siblings alone, mostly. H-He helped, but....h-he was always ill, and getting old.....and I-I couldn't always just ask him......i-it was hard, but I managed. I had to. T-they left money, a-and I had some h-help managing it, b-but....

I-I wanted to fix the world, after that. I wanted to m-make things better, not just f-for myself and my siblings, b-but.....for everyone. I-I figured, if the world w-was this arbitrary, t-then I'd fight to give it meaning, you know? S-so, when I heard that a girl like m-me could become a Hero of the Shinju-sama, I-I.....I jumped at the chance. I-I wanted to make the world better. F-for everyone....b-but also for S-Sachi and Tatsuya.

T-they said I...was hopeless. I had no chance of becoming a Hero. Ayane, Chizuru, Sora...a-all of them, they had inherent p-potential. I d-didn't. So.....I trained. For four years, I-I trained to....t-to fight, until my feet bled and my b-bones ached. I-I wanted nothing more than to....b-become a Hero, to help save the world. A-at the end of it.....t-they came and told me that I had.....p-potential. Not much, b-but.....I had it. I became a Hero that day.

I was the only one, at first. T-the old generation had just retired, a-and.....i-it was just me, then Ayane, then Chizuru, then H-Hikari.....then Yuki and Sora....w-we fought the Vertex for two years, a-and then the Taisha called me and said that S-Sachi had......t-the greatest potential of us all. S-she was destined to be a b-better Hero than me, than Chizuru, than anyone. I-I objected. Of course I did. I-I wasn't going to let them p-put Sachi in danger, and I-I never should have.

S-she begged me to let her become a Hero, to f-fight with me. S-she didn't want to let me work all alone, a-and......I..I couldn't persuade her otherwise. S-she joined us. She was....s-she really was the strongest Hero we'd ever met.

T-then.....two years ago.....I-I....I shouldn't have let her go near that Vertex. I-I thought it wasn't a threat, b-but......i-it got back up and.....i-if Sachi hadn't.....if she hadn't just.....t-thrown herself in the way....I......I'd be dead."

Mio lets out a small, pained choking noise.
"I-It......I couldn't believe it. S-she....i-it was over in an instant. I-I didn't want to believe it. B-but......s-she was just lying there, still, in her normal clothes.....a-and deep down, I knew.

T-they couldn't even tell the truth about how s-she died, did you know that? T-they said she was struck by a car in traffic. T-they couldn't tell the truth about the Vertex. I-It would hurt everyone. I-I had to lie to Tatsuya, too. H-He knew, deep down....b-but he just......accepted it. H-he didn't want to l-let me cry, he said, because.....h-he thought that a Hero should be......strong.

A-and always....always I.....I have to think....I have to know if.....if I could've done something. I-If I truly did everything I-I could, or if I just....failed, as a Hero. E-even with all my training......I-I sometimes wondered, if....if I was right to want to be a Hero. I-I saved everyone....b-but not one of the people most important to m-me.....

I-It isn't right. T-The older sister.....s-shouldn't have to bury the younger one. S-she should be the one who protects t-the younger sister. S-she shouldn't be the one who just sits by and watches her-!"

The Hero lets out another choked sob.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 06:03:54 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15773 on: February 01, 2016, 06:04:22 pm »

Alanis texts Sachi.

"Are you actually...?"

A single tear trickles down her face.
Sigtext

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #15774 on: February 01, 2016, 06:05:12 pm »

((rekt))
thincake

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15775 on: February 01, 2016, 06:05:25 pm »

Eirika just listens, still hugging Mio. She was almost in tears herself.
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15776 on: February 01, 2016, 06:07:24 pm »

...The door clicks back open.
Alanis walks over and wordlessly hugs Mio as well.  Though more platonically.
Sigtext

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #15777 on: February 01, 2016, 06:09:04 pm »

stab stab stab

Nothing happens.
thincake

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15778 on: February 01, 2016, 06:09:38 pm »

Eirika sort of.. subtly nudges Alanis away.
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15779 on: February 01, 2016, 06:11:21 pm »

The response is short. A single picture.

It is of Mio and her sister Sachi, on the beach, smiling and hugging each other as they sit at a table, a pair of coffees in front of them. Alanis can confirm once more that the Sachi in that picture is a slightly younger version of the Sachi she saw last night.

"A-after she died.....I-I promised that I would....I would protect the world. I would s-stop the Vertex. I would f-fix this world, a-and make it one that she would h-have loved to be in. T-that we all would love."
Mio rubs the tears from her eyes. When she speaks again, she sounds somewhat more.....determined.
"T-that's why.....I-I can't just sit here, and wallow in self-pity. T-the past is in the past. I-I miss Sachi, I miss her so much, b-but....I-I can't just.....sit here while o-other people suffer. I-I can't watch another person die b-because I d-didn't do anything.

I-If I couldn't be Sachi's saviour....I-I'll do my best to be everyone else's."
Pages: 1 ... 1050 1051 [1052] 1053 1054 ... 1862