Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1023 1024 [1025] 1026 1027 ... 1862

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...  (Read 770615 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Vertex and God trees! Oh my!
« Reply #15360 on: January 30, 2016, 03:35:37 pm »

A twisted world of hellfire and destruction filled with the will of mad gods given form. And no strategy at all. Just idiotic bravado. Typical. Fucking typical. Thankfully, their directed energy attacks are just as typical and that time, I had a few more fleshlings to work with. Which was definitely useful, even if it was just for the prospect of gravedigging.
Advise. Target - Pisces. Stat - SYN.
((>no strategy
>have the tanks and the healers ward off their attacks
>have the strong guys hit the actual threats
>conclusion: boxwood is cynical bastard))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15361 on: January 30, 2016, 03:36:47 pm »

((I mean, Alanis even SAID it.))
"Sachi!  Get over to the barrier, hit the stuff hitting it!"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15362 on: January 30, 2016, 03:38:35 pm »

((He considers that more stating the absolutely blindingly obvious than actual strategy.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15363 on: January 30, 2016, 03:40:10 pm »

((He considers that more stating the absolutely blinding obvious than actual strategy.))
((Well, he's expecting a bit much. They have no intel on the battlefield, he has no knowledge of the weakness of the Vertex present and their opponents far outnumber them. :P))

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #15364 on: January 30, 2016, 03:45:00 pm »

[irr vs ??] The Primordial's Embrace seems to enshroud the monsters for a moment. The tiniest, shortest of moments.

Suddenly, it simply doesn't. A sharp, agonizing pain wracks the nigh-infinite being that is It that Embraces, as some sort of eternal presence- as old and great as She- seems to bear down upon Her. She can feel Her infinite reach fading, Her influence being wrenched back into Herself, being crushed by the sheer powers that be. For the first time since the Trespassers, it seems a being- or a group of beings- is capable of matching Her in power.

She can feel their influence upon Her, too. The ideas of hatredcleansepurgeburn being constantly forced upon her, forcing away all feelings of hate and warmth alike, attempting to turn Her into one of Them or send Her into despair otherwise. If it were any save Her will, any mortal would be crushed by the will of so Many.

But it refuses.

The Vertex are but a tiny footnote, the world beneath them little more than a pebble. The Primordial has found Her target. Those who brought these monsters upon them. The corrupted gods, now but pawns of the Trespassers, engines of extinction, who know nothing but hatred now. She could never possibly convince them to give up their quest to destroy this world.

She does not care.

They push Her back, but she pushes forward. She refuses to be cowed by their ideas, their demands of hate. Warmth and softness flows and bends around the burning wrath of the manifold gods, like water sliding over a fire. Her will flows like silk amongst their barbed minds, searching for cracks, brittle points. Memories of families and friendships, theirs or otherwise, reminders of their past, of the things they once wished to protect. The iron will of the Shinju-Sama, those who continue to protect what is left of humanity, for the sake of their happiness. For the sake of seeing them laugh and smile and cling to one another and struggle through the hardships of life for at least a little while longer. The Shinju could have abandoned humanity, left it to die by the others rage. It would have been much easier that way. Certainly, it is not as though the Shinju gains anything from protecting humanity, other than worship (something the other gods seem to do fine without) and the knowledge that it has done the right thing. Instead it battles against the hateful minds She speaks to, to protect the beauty of life, the beauty that She impresses upon them with the gentle, comforting touch of a mother; humans and animals and plants and things other still, struggling to survive, trying to find happiness even in their cage, even as all the world burns around them.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15365 on: January 30, 2016, 03:46:22 pm »

Alanis's pendant glows, crackling as a battle of wills blasts forth.

She adds her happiest thoughts to the tide, little memories of soft sunrises, favorite books, fresh crisp snowfalls...It may not be much, but she too stands determined against even gods.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 03:57:16 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #15366 on: January 30, 2016, 03:47:15 pm »

D&G follow the thief.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 03:53:19 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15367 on: January 30, 2016, 03:56:03 pm »

Eirika stabs at the Vertex.
Black lives matter.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #15368 on: January 30, 2016, 03:59:00 pm »

Ian throws a potato at it. Not a grenade, an actual potato.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15369 on: January 30, 2016, 04:17:41 pm »

((Just need Twin's action.))
[20 v 24] Damn. That thief is well hidden. Dackly can hardly follow them. She CAN, however, see someone going across the rooftops. Maybe THEY have something to do with these shenanigans.

[8 v 25!] Tourmaline's shot goes wide, and the grappling claw clanks off a brick wall next to the thief. They duck, assuming someone's just tried to shoot them.

[18 v 17] This time, ENG isn't so unlucky. Although he fails to grab them, he's catching up to them, Tourmaline's shot having slowed him slightly as he tried to crouch to avoid it.

[16 v 16] Garnt is just behind ENG, it seems.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 04:19:54 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #15370 on: January 30, 2016, 04:18:26 pm »

Switch Vindicator to gun form, Ice Shot.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15371 on: January 30, 2016, 04:24:05 pm »

Tourmaline laughs and fires another Claw shot at the Thief again.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #15372 on: January 30, 2016, 04:24:36 pm »

Still searching for the thief
No sig yet

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #15373 on: January 30, 2016, 04:28:56 pm »

Gozer stops, focuses, and uses Demi to lower gravity in the area, trowing them off while Dackly uses "Move blockhead!" to shove him after them.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #15374 on: January 30, 2016, 04:33:10 pm »

Hm.

Garnt, while still following, attempts to gauge if the thief could reasonably survive one of his Lightning Spears.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword
Pages: 1 ... 1023 1024 [1025] 1026 1027 ... 1862