Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 996 997 [998] 999 1000 ... 1862

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...  (Read 770089 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Vertex and God trees! Oh my!
« Reply #14955 on: January 28, 2016, 03:20:22 pm »

Alanis, assuming that the fooooooood actually exists this time, starts eating as well.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #14956 on: January 28, 2016, 03:23:11 pm »

Sandra eats, slowly, carefully, and with all the correct etiquette.
Huh.
thincake

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14957 on: January 28, 2016, 03:25:06 pm »

Alanis still has no clue how to etiquette.  Also, please let there be utensils that are not chopsticks.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #14958 on: January 28, 2016, 03:28:22 pm »

There are some utensils present that are not chopsticks, thankfully.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14959 on: January 28, 2016, 03:29:26 pm »

Good.  Fork and knife, meet pancakes, pancakes, meet Alanis's digestive tract.

Also, more checking of the spacephone.

What time is it now?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 03:53:56 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14960 on: January 28, 2016, 03:53:59 pm »

(The End of the World)
Fukuhara clears his throat, as the screen opens to an image of the Taisha logo, a stylized version of the Shinju tree.
“As you have already seen, our world is constantly under threat by the monsters we refer to as Vertex. However, none of you know the true devastation they wrought upon our world.

These images were the last images of the Old World, dated to 2015, Pre-Shinju Era. The photographer survived, thankfully, or else we would have no idea what had actually happened to our world.”

He presses a clicker, revealing a rather….unsettling scene.

It seems to be a view from a low-standing building of some sort, looking out towards another part of a random city. Or, it would be, if the city wasn’t being destroyed.

The sky above is a shade of deep, almost blood-red, with fire-like strands descending upon the world and spreading as wildfire at the spots of contact with the earth, disintegrating people and property alike on contact. On the streets below, people can be seen running away as a wall of red washes over part of the city, with one unfortunate person visible turning to dust at contact. Vertex-like creatures seem to be emerging from the wall of red, with blasts of rainbow light being thrown at the buildings around the photographer, annihilating them where they stand. Soldiers can be seen firing shots at it with their rifles, to seemingly no effect.

The image is that of a dying world.
“This was the fate of our world, before the gods answered our prayers. Our world was protected, as the Shinju descended down, protecting us by forming a barrier around our world- that which we call the Jukai. This Jukai, this ‘forest’ of sorts is an overlay over our world; if damage is done to the Jukai, then lesser damage is done here. The barrier cushions most of it, but all the same.

The other thing they granted us was the Hero System. A power to protect from the beings that are the Vertex. It’s magic, powerful magic, that allows the Heroes to counter the Vertex. If…..these Trespassers that you and Miss Honda must face are as myself and the Taisha understand it…….then the power of the System might be of use to you. It seems to automatically target the weaknesses of the Vertex; it is why we are unable to fight them while Heroes and, well, yourselves, can, apart from the obvious.

I am prepared to provide you with what I can to assist you. I cannot give you the Hero System, but I can give you the next best thing; a special device that imparts part of the system’s power on you, granting you more power against the Vertex and the Trespassers, it’s been done correctly and our calculations are correct. It will not be ready until tomorrow afternoon, unfortunately.

Which leads me on to my second point. Our sensors predict a Vertex attack. Two Vertex, major. They will get here before the machine is ready, despite all my attempts to rush its production. I apologise. As soon as you can, debrief your allies on this and tell them to enjoy the rest of today. They will have a long and hard fight tomorrow.

Do you have any questions?”

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14961 on: January 28, 2016, 04:01:05 pm »

Tink is probably with the others that are with Fukuhara.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #14962 on: January 28, 2016, 04:03:38 pm »

Chryssa is probably with them too.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14963 on: January 28, 2016, 04:11:49 pm »

Tourmaline shakes her head, "No questions."
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14964 on: January 28, 2016, 04:15:58 pm »

I am aware of the issues of prototyping and production. With that in mind, I would like to offer any assistance I can in the construction. On that note, can you provide any more information on the vertex? A general area they might strike, or anything along those lines?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14965 on: January 28, 2016, 04:18:21 pm »

Fukuhara shakes his head.
"I understand that you may be skilled, but this is very delicate work. I cannot risk you potentially making an error. I apologise.

As for the general area, we believe they may strike at the area of the crashed ship, although with Vertex patterns you cannot tell easily."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14966 on: January 28, 2016, 04:21:36 pm »

he would shake his head disapprovingly upon being refused,but otherwise seem contented.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14967 on: January 28, 2016, 04:22:16 pm »

Tourmaline tilts her head, "Why would they attack the are of the crashed ship?"
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14968 on: January 28, 2016, 04:23:01 pm »

"Of that, we're not sure. Presumably revenge, but the Vertex seem too mindless for that."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #14969 on: January 28, 2016, 04:23:59 pm »

Anna has at this point finished breakfast.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 996 997 [998] 999 1000 ... 1862