Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 960 961 [962] 963 964 ... 1862

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...  (Read 768132 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Vertex and God trees! Oh my!
« Reply #14415 on: January 26, 2016, 09:55:09 pm »

Ian nods and leads the way to pay.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #14416 on: January 26, 2016, 09:55:38 pm »

"Then how do they recruit?  Without Public Relations of some kind, and a means for the unaffiliated to interact with them, they are certainly doomed to fail against a peer who has the sense to do so in a war of that scale, even with the means to produce eternal soldiers."  Dackly seems confused, like a piece of the puzzle is missing from ENG's grim retelling.

"Did you join that faction reasonably enough, or is it as touchy as the remainder?"
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14417 on: January 26, 2016, 09:56:53 pm »

Eirika follows, having only actually picked out like three boxes of a sweet/sour candy.
Black lives matter.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #14418 on: January 26, 2016, 10:00:08 pm »

Chryssa is suddenly around ENG, Alan is, and ItE.
"Perhaps we'll visit your homeworlds while fighting whatever we're fighting. So far we've been to me, Ian and Anna's."
ENG would shake his head, and what little smile he had would leave.
"You don't want to visit my world. You would be shot on sight. Speaking of shooting, didn't you want to take some anger issues out on me or am I remembering incorrectly?"
he'd then shake his head, remembering.
"Sorry, you're Chryssa, not Eirika"
"Lovely."
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14419 on: January 26, 2016, 10:00:54 pm »

"Hold on, let me cue it up..."
Alanis cues up the camera and hands her phone to ENG, before posing.  With her arm wrapped around It That Embraces.

ENG would snap several near-professional looking pictures of her and ITE, Even making use of his jumpjets to get a better angle and lighting despite the enclosed space. He'd then return the camera to Alanis.
"There you go. Unless you need a picture with me in it as well, I think that's it.

ENG would then turn his attention to Dackly, who is asking lots of good questions.
"Most of the recruiting is done via offices and beliefs. The TR fight to try and maintain order and regain contact with our version of earth, and some people sympathize and go to join the corps Via recruiting offices that open on continents under our control for the moment. Most would prefer that we just leave them be, and let them get on with their lives. Then there's the people who oppose us..."
ENG would trail off at the last statement.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14420 on: January 26, 2016, 10:09:47 pm »

"Oh, thank you!

May I take a picture of you, though?

...Evil, huh?"
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 10:34:22 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #14421 on: January 26, 2016, 10:26:20 pm »

With her guardian asleep little sis sneaks out of her room to find anyone else in the house
No sig yet

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #14422 on: January 26, 2016, 10:35:09 pm »

"Let me take a guess, a not necessarily evil, but an opposition to your faction's goals, who themselves may have done as many abhorrent things as your own, but for the most part, propaganda swells the masses with carefully crafted emotions and views that themselves may not be inherently wrong, but at a glance are clearly not completely informed about anything other than your affiliation's deeds of note, and their infamous actions..."  Dackly starts, sounding like she has recited this before.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14423 on: January 26, 2016, 10:36:31 pm »

"Dang it, stop being genre-savvier than me!"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14424 on: January 26, 2016, 10:38:22 pm »

Boxwood appears in an empty corridor in Mio's house.

With a flash of light, I had found myself in an empty, white-washed corridor with the kind of furnishings that imply either wealth or criminal connections. As pretty as a postcard, and just as empty. No one was there, not where I was at any rate. I tossed my cigarette pack upward, watching it travel in a narrow parabola before catching it. Well, gravity looks good, and from what I've been told, my vessel looks like it really did just vanish when I entered. Kudos to whatever poor son of a bitch made this little fantasy, but my job was to break it. And how better to do that than to rip it at the seams? Only question was, where the seams were.

Our universe is a changing one, but a consistent one. The laws and constants do not change with the contexts, they may wane with greater scales, or become overshadowed by other effects, but they do not change. It is from chance that all arose, that the world as we know it became possible. And perhaps, it is because of that rigid consistency that it derives its beauty. But if someone wanted something specific, consistency proves to be far too great a burden to bear. Our universe is as it is through the most infinitesimally minuscule of chances, forged by countless variables. To attempt to recreate them, even the unknown ones by brute force simply isn't feasible. So, if a simulation wanted to replicate it like this one did, then the easiest way is through shortcuts. Like the physics you would find in a human's videogame, things happen because their creator willed it as such, rather than because of fundamental principles.

Look at it enough, and you will find inconsistencies.

And that was exactly what I intended to do.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14425 on: January 26, 2016, 10:40:09 pm »

"Blargh!  What the heck was that?!"
Alanis, having felt a shock of magic, heads for the scene.  Her arm is still wrapped around It That Embraces.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 10:47:30 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14426 on: January 26, 2016, 10:47:04 pm »

((Does she have any of her equipment on her?))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14427 on: January 26, 2016, 10:47:51 pm »

Probably.  It's uncertain.
Sigtext

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #14428 on: January 26, 2016, 10:50:08 pm »

((Whos boxwood? and is it in response to little sis?))
No sig yet

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14429 on: January 26, 2016, 10:50:33 pm »

((Have you been reading the OOC, and no.))
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 960 961 [962] 963 964 ... 1862