Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can't make high boots?  (Read 1460 times)

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Can't make high boots?
« on: September 08, 2007, 02:56:00 pm »

Last fortress, I made a bunch of steel high boots for my troops. I remember looking at the screen and wondering what the difference was between high and low boots (according to the wiki, they have the same AC but high boots weigh more) so I am 100% sure I had both on the menu.

This fort, I only have the option to make low boots - there are no high boots on the menu at all for any material.

If the AC really is the same, then I guess it does not matter.. but I am curious if anyone knows why I can't seem to make high boots at all this time.

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Ookpik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can't make high boots?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 03:37:00 pm »

Different clothing types are available to be built in different fortresses.  I don't know if it's based on the biome or what, but sometimes you can build "tunics" and sometimes you can't;  sometimes you can build "cloaks" and sometimes you can't;  and there's the whole high boot/low boot thing.  My current fortress is in a cold biome and I have more clothing types available to me... maybe that's it?
g+@@T@+

The intruder arose, casting off its black cloak.  "Behold, stunted jesters!  It is I, Scuro!"  A jagged scar marked the goblin's face from eye to chin, his greasy mane gray and wild, and about his neck was the broken silver amulet, strapped together by a leather band.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Can't make high boots?
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 06:30:00 pm »

That actually makes sense, my last fortress was a freezing glacier, this one is temperate wetlands. I never noticed the other clothing missing because, honestly, I don't bother with clothes anymore but it would make sense to have thicker clothes available for colder temperatures.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!