Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 1231 1232 [1233] 1234 1235 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 921499 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No seriously, I do. But people like you ignore it
But you almost never reply to mine :P

Spoiler: Case in Point :3 (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

...Yeah, Sanure doesn't seem to do mechanics stuff much.

No seriously, I do. But people like you ignore it
If you do, it seems to take place over Steam or PMs, because it's rare in the thread.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile

It's all behind the scenes mostly. I sit and watch and wait for something to break so I can fix it :D

@Emp,
1. Considering it would last for 3 turns, I'd say 10% at level 1, then for each level it would raise by like, 5%. This way it scales properly.

2. I could see it.

3. dependent. IT shouldn't affect Ults, because broken if it does.

4. Yes.

5. As a perk, yes. Or even a passive.

6. No. Buffs can not be immune to dispel because OP and broken.

7. I have thought about this, but it would need a new mechanic to it for balance :/
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's all behind the scenes mostly. I sit and watch and wait for something to break so I can fix it :D
That sounds awfully like "I handle arguing with Fish" :P

1. Isn't that awfully low though? I mean, I get that you don't want anyone to just pump levels into a buff until it gives +100% for three turns or something, but I don't think having ridiculously low base bonuses and scaling is the answer.

3. Please define Ult. Because Ults are not formally defined by the system.

6. I don't mean immune to dispel, I mean dispels have reduced effects on it, i.e. they reduce the buff's lifespan. As it stands, I may as well just give Vito an offbrand Deep Pass or modified Aura Charge at this rate seeing as buffs are not only quite anemic in comparison to Deep Pass and Aura Charge, I can't even apply any protection on them at all to ensure that they even pay off in the long run.

7. Please elaborate. Do you mean it needs a drawback? Or something else?

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That sounds awfully like "I handle arguing with Fish" :P
Yes, and...? :D
I've been busy and only the most broken of things have drawn my ire so far.

1. Isn't that awfully low though? I mean, I get that you don't want anyone to just pump levels into a buff until it gives +100% for three turns or something, but I don't think having ridiculously low base bonuses and scaling is the answer.

3. Please define Ult. Because Ults are not formally defined by the system.

6. I don't mean immune to dispel, I mean dispels have reduced effects on it, i.e. they reduce the buff's lifespan. As it stands, I may as well just give Vito an offbrand Deep Pass or modified Aura Charge at this rate seeing as buffs are not only quite anemic in comparison to Deep Pass and Aura Charge, I can't even apply any protection on them at all to ensure that they even pay off in the long run.

7. Please elaborate. Do you mean it needs a drawback? Or something else?

1. I mean, It's practically the same ability as say +level damage for 3 turns. If one uses percentages, instead of say multiplication, it becomes less and less damage. That's why you see abilities like Deep Pass and Aura Charge. Even Tourmaline's Mark is a Times X damage multiplier.

3. An Ultimate move is a move that deals either massive damage, massive healing, or completely turns the tides of Battle. For a perfect walking example, please see Donchaka Tribe's Fever Beat.

6. As it stands, I'm holding off on nerfing all of the doubles damage outputs. But, I suppose having an effect lessen the effects of a dispel be viable. Logically it doesn't make sense having a dispel not remove the effect fully, as that's what dispel does. My recommendation is to not call it dispel, but instead call it a cleansing or something.

7. My meaning is that, as is, that if it grants you additional action points every however many levels means that your character gets far stronger than everyone else. It's the same with the whole "Gains more stat points every two levels" thing. As is, It's broken, and I'm having a hard time making it fair to those that didn't take the perk (I can see why a flaw system is so popular :/)
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile

We discussed at some point over Steam about Dackly gaining a Grudge system, whenever a unique enemy no-sells petrify, she gains a grudge stack, and after 10, she gains 2 Skill points as though she leveled.

It ultimately may not be neccecary, and was mostly to discourage everyone and their dog being immune to Dackly's ONLY source of damage, but the precident is floating around for Conditional Skill points, Up to Sanure though.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We discussed at some point over Steam about Dackly gaining a Grudge system, whenever a unique enemy no-sells petrify, she gains a grudge stack, and after 10, she gains 2 Skill points as though she leveled.

It ultimately may not be neccecary, and was mostly to discourage everyone and their dog being immune to Dackly's ONLY source of damage, but the precident is floating around for Conditional Skill points, Up to Sanure though.

Still a work in progress for that specific character though. I don't recommend anyone else follow this. :P

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1. So, if it was expressed as multiplication, it'd be more powerful?

3. That still isn't quite well-defined, as in, could I get a set of more objective criteria since "it's powerful" makes borderline cases ambiguous?

6. The idea is that if the buff is a stack that decays each turn, dispels would only be able to remove the stop of the stack rather than the entire stack. I'd rather still call it dispel because otherwise people will interpret cleanse as something else and just blast the whole thing away with dispel anyway.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 10:40:41 pm by Empiricist »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Accel World RP is up.
I'm not going to start the game for a while, though, so feel free to take a while for signing up, if you are going to. :P

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yey

Now to finish watching Accel World :P
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yey

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's a problem with me. I always watch like 4 or 5 episodes of a show then stop.

Unless it's really really good like PMMM.
Sigtext!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

pmmm is shit tier

praise dark souls
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

pmmm is shit tier

praise dark souls
do you want to fight
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

praise yuki yuna
Pages: 1 ... 1231 1232 [1233] 1234 1235 ... 1328