Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 1160 1161 [1162] 1163 1164 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 921419 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #17415 on: April 26, 2016, 07:29:18 pm »

I'd voice my disagreement now, but Shade and Twin have done that for me already.

Balance-wise you want a two-in-one Damage Shielding and Ailment Shielding Action that unlocks a Free Action that gives numerous counterattacks. Design-wise, you want someone whose most potent Action takes the form of Battlefield Control to waste that as little more than a half-rate Taunt for the sake of acting as a Counterattack-Focused Tank.

I do not support either such consequences.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 07:32:47 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #17417 on: April 26, 2016, 07:36:35 pm »

I'll finally get to show off my true form.  Craft Management Slave.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17418 on: April 26, 2016, 07:37:57 pm »

yamal: possibly better at genre savvy than Alanis
also I totally called Penelope being a ghost or something
but no it's just the suit, how disappointing
you can't be more genre savvy than a metagamer someone with access to tvtropes and no life whatsoever

also, she's not a ghost, because ghosts are dead
checkmate atheists
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17419 on: April 26, 2016, 07:41:10 pm »

I'd voice my disagreement now, but Shade and Twin have done that for me already.

Balance-wise you want a two-in-one Damage Shielding and Ailment Shielding Action that unlocks a Free Action that gives numerous counterattacks. Design-wise, you want someone whose most potent Action takes the form of Battlefield Control to waste that as little more than a half-rate Taunt for the sake of acting as a Counterattack-Focused Tank.

I do not support either such consequences.
I don't get it.  How am I wasting Mind Trick, exactly?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17420 on: April 26, 2016, 07:48:39 pm »

Out of "it is going to get rejected and Elf will stab you" and "it ties up a versatile Action to a specific niche", you're focusing on the latter? :P

Well, if Mind Trick reliably works on a foe, there is no reason you would ever want to use Graceful Dodge because you can just keep making foes trying to hit Anna during her Basic Defense, Garnt during Parry, or whoever Aesford's Interception is protecting. Graceful Dodge is the sort of Action more suited to a Tank, and seeing as a good chunk of this build is focused on acting as a Counterattack-Focused Tank. I'm assuming you'll be drawing attacks in order to utilize it, unless you're content with either almost never using Graceful Dodge or sitting in a corner with it active and hoping that foes you aren't using Mind Trick to lure into Garnt's shield will decide to target 6AR often enough for your four AP and two Main Action Slots to be a worthwhile expense.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #17421 on: April 26, 2016, 07:53:25 pm »

Out of "it is going to get rejected and Elf will stab you" and "it ties up a versatile Action to a specific niche", you're focusing on the latter? :P

Well, if Mind Trick reliably works on a foe, there is no reason you would ever want to use Graceful Dodge because you can just keep making foes trying to hit Anna during her Basic Defense, Garnt during Parry, or whoever Aesford's Interception is protecting. Graceful Dodge is the sort of Action more suited to a Tank, and seeing as a good chunk of this build is focused on acting as a Counterattack-Focused Tank. I'm assuming you'll be drawing attacks in order to utilize it, unless you're content with either almost never using Graceful Dodge or sitting in a corner with it active and hoping that foes you aren't using Mind Trick to lure into Garnt's shield will decide to target 6AR often enough for your four AP and two Main Action Slots to be a worthwhile expense.
also haruka during Counter, which is a big part of her setup
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17422 on: April 26, 2016, 08:02:53 pm »

Basically, if you want to focus on acting like a Tank, switch out Mind Trick for a more reliable Taunt. If you don't want to focus on acting like a Tank, stop bothering on having so many defensive Actions because there are Tanks who can Taunt, and Mind Trick can force foes to target other people.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17423 on: April 26, 2016, 08:06:46 pm »

Ah.  In that case, I will focus on improving Mind Trick.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17424 on: April 26, 2016, 08:09:27 pm »

You don't necessarily need to improve it, I mean you certainly can but there's no obligation to focus only on that, it's just that having it gears 6AR more towards Offense or Support as opposed Tanking.

Okay, I suppose for extending the duration by one turn would probably help though, since it will open up a one-turn window to do something else (like actually attacking) without worrying about its victim being able to hit 6AR.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 08:12:06 pm by Empiricist »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17425 on: April 26, 2016, 08:18:30 pm »

Mind Trick persists until dispelled...
Sigtext

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17426 on: April 26, 2016, 09:26:58 pm »

Oh. Forgot about that. Get a GM to double check that it is good, reinvest AP into it to counter nerfs (if any), and you're all good.

How do Taunt-type actions affect bosses? I know they won't land at full power, but would it still affect targeting priorities?

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #17427 on: April 26, 2016, 09:27:31 pm »

Bosses get extra attacks to supplement taunts.

EDIT* actually, that sounds like an interesting concept.  An Enrage style skill that lets the user force a boss to make another attack this turn, but against a target of their choosing.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17428 on: April 26, 2016, 09:32:51 pm »

"HEY BUTTFACE I BET YOU CAN'T HIT YOURSELF"
caption: this kills the boss
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #17429 on: April 26, 2016, 09:33:57 pm »

"UH I BETCHU I CAN DORK"

(AOE/Pierce) Double Ult on the entire team.
Pages: 1 ... 1160 1161 [1162] 1163 1164 ... 1328