Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 1078 1079 [1080] 1081 1082 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 922056 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #16185 on: April 15, 2016, 10:30:51 am »

so guys
how do you like the first named villains of penelope's plot
they should replace Penelope
no

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #16186 on: April 15, 2016, 10:31:46 am »

so guys
no
nick is alternate universe!wilson

way fighty-er, but still a masochist

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #16187 on: April 15, 2016, 10:37:03 am »

monster hunter gameplay mechanics do not apply to mahou shoujo

also i'm slowly realizing how weeby this character actually is, since she's an OC from an anime that uses a weapon from a japanese game and her summons are based on a character from another japanese game
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #16188 on: April 15, 2016, 10:37:49 am »

get real, kid
thincake

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16189 on: April 15, 2016, 10:38:51 am »

monster hunter gameplay mechanics do not apply to mahou shoujo

also i'm slowly realizing how weeby this character actually is, since she's an OC from an anime that uses a weapon from a japanese game and her summons are based on a character from another japanese game
yes
meanwhile
you're in a plot based on a japanese toku

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16190 on: April 15, 2016, 10:53:31 am »

so guys
no
nick is alternate universe!wilson

way fighty-er, but still a masochist
it's fucking canon
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16191 on: April 15, 2016, 10:59:10 am »

so in another universe wilson is a cockney-accented blood knight kamen rider who is into tough girls
right

also;
very narcissistic poll
seriously
i need to know this stuff so i know i haven't fucked up my characters
and please suggest what i could do to improve ;-;

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16192 on: April 15, 2016, 11:00:37 am »

the AU stuff is the blood knight tendencies and the name
wilson always loves tough girls, is universal constant
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16193 on: April 15, 2016, 11:03:54 am »

rip wilson

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16194 on: April 15, 2016, 11:16:25 am »

rip?
or rest in tough girls?
Black lives matter.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #16195 on: April 15, 2016, 11:57:34 am »

Let me try to address everything I missed

So pure damage goes through Kinetic Shield? Daily reminder that Petrify is for all intents and purposes Pure damage, ala the Specific quote

Quote from: From Petrify
which bypass all immunities

but by now, I've come to expect my RAW Skill Text being ignored for various reasons.

mk so thoughts on the 101

perks:
101 members actually seems reasonably balanced. I know the 101x damage thing sounds funny but it's not really a good thing to have mechanically (as you know) since AoE is not that uncommon and you're going to get gibbed unless the GM plays around you
i feel like unite morph should have an independent benefit (i.e. Magical Girl! giving limited immortality plus enabling the standard gimmick mechanically)
you also seem to be missing two perks? unless Engage Unlimited Form is taking up one of those slots in which case said perk works just fine as the action you already have
in total you have like .5 useful perks

actions:
wonder-liner seems fine. a little selfish as heals go but fine

unite morph is interesting but i feel like it's not very functional mechanically the way it is now. 1d33 is a shitload of damage potentially, but it's unreliable as all hell and leads to the issue of not actually doing anything at all unless you have certain party members who are around and willing to drop their equipment that probably scales their stats up. lots of similar issues as you go up, stuff scales too high but at the same time has the issue of being too unreliable

unlimited form looks fine, if anything the penalties are too crippling for the relatively small boost it gives

wonder toilet looks almost entirely pointless tbh, though the GM could have fun with it

i'd give Unite Build some sort of combat effect but i like it, it's actually good outside combat and could have a little utility inside it (literally dropping bridges on people)

In order, the 101X damage clause is Mostly to excuse the MASSIVE amount of extra stat points they get, there has to be a huge downside to counteract that, I actually set their health to 101 since with that perk, they would have over 400 Health by now following the Con progression.

What if AOE did 3x Pure Damage, the average AOE dealing 1d14 damage, to put that in perspective, and was a 50% chance for a 1d2 turn stun, bypassing immunities?  This way, whether they are or aren't transformed, they still take 3d14 damage from every AOE.

Engage Unlimited Form is a perk and an action as well, since it allows the really Strong Transformation skill.

They can equip Unite Sword themselves, which is also why their inventory is empty for now.

I like Engage Unlimited Form as is, transformation as a FREE action is actually VERY powerful.  Since I can unite guts every turn while still attacking normally.  so consider it them being able to have any of the Unite Morph abilities, and X3 RES on the same turn for no penalty in return for that Penalty, I might even raise the penalty to be honest.

Wonder toilet is supposed to supplement their lack of consistent healing, they get some healing items after every combat on occasion, which can be used by them or allies in the next fight.  Or they could just sell them if they don't need them.

Wonder Build is purely utility, Is the place coming down with the door locked? Wonder Build Support Pillars until someone can open those doors, need to get everyone across a huge gap? Wonder Build Hang Glider. I really don't see a reason why it would need a combat usage, aside from maybe situational puzzle stuff, like Making a Chain for a Party Member to strangle a boss with.

Altered Sheet Parameters based on this.

Spoiler: Altered Wonderful 101 (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 12:01:05 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16196 on: April 15, 2016, 12:03:11 pm »

Pure bypasses defenses like shielding and RES. It does not bypass a specific immunity to being petrified. Nor does it bypass resistance to status, which it inflicts. Also, if Petrify bypasses immunity to petrification, I'll eat my hat.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #16197 on: April 15, 2016, 12:13:28 pm »

Then I should have been told to have it say "bypasses all immunities except immunity to petrification"  which makes NO SENSE, because that is the only immunity it has to bypass.

The whole point is it does not do much (Nothing to be precise on some foes, since the only ones we can't kill are either plot mandated to escape, or plot mandated for us to get help from a GMPC who has EXACTLY what it is weak to.), but at least it always does something, but I digress, I don't care enough to really get into it, I'm more disappointed than salty, but at least it isn't just full on face tanked with "It has no effect".

I understand now that this is neither a fight where we are really supposed to "fight", nor is it one we were supposed to contribute much to, aside from a few people matching wits with the boss and playing cashier credit-card simulator.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 12:16:03 pm by Shadestyle »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16198 on: April 15, 2016, 12:14:57 pm »

....surely something specifically immune to petrification should not be vulnerable to a skill called Petrify.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #16199 on: April 15, 2016, 12:20:17 pm »

Well, if it were specifically immune that would be one thing, Medusa's Needle, Gozer, Those are Immune to being turned to stone pretty much by default, since they in all likelyhood, relate to Dackly directly.

This seems to be more General Immunities to everything, Judging by Resistance to poison, slow, whatever other skills were being used, and petrification of course.

Once again, It does not really bother me that much.

The inorganic thing was a bit of an interesting comment, since Dackly has no problem with things ranging from pure energy, magic, or non-phazon metals/materials.  But once again, I'm not expecting any changes to be made on my behalf, that would be unreasonable to assume 3 times in a row. 

There isn't even really a problem, since giving them a Connecticut Sandwich works just fine for incapacitating them.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 12:22:54 pm by Shadestyle »
Pages: 1 ... 1078 1079 [1080] 1081 1082 ... 1328