Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 1008 1009 [1010] 1011 1012 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 922978 times)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #15135 on: April 09, 2016, 10:43:38 pm »

it's a basic defend action
you take less damage that turn
the end
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15136 on: April 09, 2016, 10:45:15 pm »

IT'S NOT A SECRET IF YOU SAY HOW TO GET HIM IN THE TAGLINE
GOD
IT'S NOT IN THE TAGLINE I WAS LEAKING IT ON A RUMOR MILL FORUM SO NOBODY WOULD REALIZE I WASN'T BULLSHITTING UNTIL THE GAME CAME OUT
Black lives matter.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15137 on: April 09, 2016, 10:46:10 pm »

i'm watching you sb
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15138 on: April 09, 2016, 10:48:48 pm »

the best way to spoil something is in a joking manner so nobody knows the truth until they get to whatever the spoiler's about
Black lives matter.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15139 on: April 09, 2016, 10:59:52 pm »

idou is totally coming back guys
carrot cakeu

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15140 on: April 09, 2016, 11:01:45 pm »

joke's on you, i'm indifferent but slightly positive about idou
Black lives matter.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #15141 on: April 09, 2016, 11:02:05 pm »

Dackly still needs to get him swords and sword upgrades.

D&G, preventing the Fallout equivalent of the RWBY plot with the supah powa of friendship.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 11:20:56 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15142 on: April 09, 2016, 11:26:39 pm »

I don't gun

also I have to go in a bit rip
carrot cakeu

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15143 on: April 09, 2016, 11:27:11 pm »

....That's... helpful...
Whenever Sentient stops using grammar and capitalization, that's your cue to ignore him.

As far as I can tell, Basic Actions are treated exactly the same as Main Actions aside from three key rules:
  • They must be related to their specific purpose. Simple enough, so Basic Attack has to be offensive, Basic Defense has to be defensive.
  • They cannot be expressed in terms of themselves. Often you see Actions that are phrased as something such as "deals double damage" or "adds 150% of the net damage dealt as magical damage", those are implicitly saying "damage of a Basic Attack". Obviously you can't have Basic Actions that do that because that'd just be circular logic.
  • They cannot be Locked. Locking Status Effects can disable various types of Main Actions, or just all Main Actions in general. Basic Actions can still be used while they are in effect, however.

So just treat it as another free slot for some sort of defensive Action. Or just remove Counter and change Basic Defense into Level 5 Basic Defense - Counter with the exact same effect by dumping the four freed Action Points into it. Don't let the "Basic" adjective fool you, they can be incredibly useful, such as Aesford's Level 2 Basic Defense, Juke with adds 200% of his DEX to RES calculations and grants a 33% dodge chance for that turn. Or It That Embraces' Level 4 Basic Attack Passion-Lip's Love: Soul-Crushing Ten-bladed Embrace which deals an extra SYN damage for each turn it is consecutively used, can split its damage across any number of targets, moves all the targets together making them vulnerable to an AoE followup, and has a 10% chance to cast one of her debuffing Main Actions.

And really, that's just the tip of the iceberg. If you have a few, what I like to call Overlaying Main Actions that are in terms of Basic Attack or Basic Defense (that is, they build upon it), you can raise the power of all such actions just by investing points into the Basic Action rather than the Overlaying Main Action.

For example, if Mio replaced Godhand with a Level 1 Passive Action that boosts the power of her Basic Attack, turned her Basic Attack into Godhand, and then brought it back up to full power through that Passive and reallocating the freed points into Basic Attack, almost every single one of her Main Actions would suddenly gain a considerable power boost.

Sanure! The OP says "If the status effect paralyzes, petrifies, or otherwise prevents you from acting, Basic attacks can't be used until the effect is gone." Is that meant to say "Basic Actions"? Or can Basic Defense still be used even when Stunned/Paralyzed/Sleeping?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 11:51:31 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #15144 on: April 09, 2016, 11:28:23 pm »

it's a basic defend action
you take less damage that turn
the end

I was just asking what the actual numerical benefits behind it were so I can have some solid numbers to work with, no need to be so brusque.

@Empiricist: Thank you.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15145 on: April 09, 2016, 11:28:55 pm »

....That's... helpful...
Whenever Sentient stops using grammar and capitalization, that's your cue to ignore him.
while that may usually be true not every post i make in such format is just shitposting
and sorry for spreading misinformation, i didnt think defense actions actually did anything
Black lives matter.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15146 on: April 09, 2016, 11:31:18 pm »

You aren't wrong there, most of them actually don't do anything, because most of them are just blank and up to the GM's interpretation.

Which is why you should be glad that you have Elf and Sanure GM'ing rather than say, Piecewise or Corsair who would immediately roll INT to see if you strip naked and run crotch-first into all incoming attacks :P
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #15147 on: April 09, 2016, 11:55:06 pm »

You aren't wrong there, most of them actually don't do anything, because most of them are just blank and up to the GM's interpretation.

Which is why you should be glad that you have Elf and Sanure GM'ing rather than say, Piecewise or Corsair who would immediately roll INT to see if you strip naked and run crotch-first into all incoming attacks :P
It's 3d6 plus res, as per the rules for nonspecific rolls.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #15148 on: April 10, 2016, 12:00:49 am »

Question: how has Fish justified a droid using the Force? He seems to have logged off before answering.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 1008 1009 [1010] 1011 1012 ... 1328