Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 969 970 [971] 972 973 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 922269 times)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #14550 on: April 03, 2016, 09:49:34 am »

oh
Wait, what does RES do again? I know that it's flat damage reduction, but does it do anything else that isn't listed in the OP?

Seeing as CON is needed to resist certain "save-or-suffer" effects and can be used as an attacking stat, DEX also can cover dodging and damage reduction via Perks or Passives, INT can be used for resisting "save-or-suffer" effects along with inflicting debuffs and status effects, STR is also used for "save-or-suffer" effects, and SYN handles some kinds of buffs as well,
the lack of anything after the comma killed me
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #14551 on: April 03, 2016, 10:00:31 am »

Wait, what does RES do again? I know that it's flat damage reduction, but does it do anything else that isn't listed in the OP?

Seeing as CON is needed to resist certain "save-or-suffer" effects and can be used as an attacking stat, DEX also can cover dodging and damage reduction via Perks or Passives, INT can be used for resisting "save-or-suffer" effects along with inflicting debuffs and status effects, STR is also used for "save-or-suffer" effects, and SYN handles some kinds of buffs as well.
It could do stuff in theory and could be used to resist 'save-or-suffer' effects. It's just that nobody's bothered to target it.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #14552 on: April 03, 2016, 10:12:50 am »

I might be using it as a damage type in the future eventually.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14553 on: April 03, 2016, 10:34:41 am »

Thought of a straightforward and useful Skill to replace one of Aesford's more underwhelming Skills:

Block (Level 1) (Active) - Aesford runs in front of one of his teammates and takes the brunt of their attack. The attack does 50% less damage to Aesford and can not result in any status effects.

Since all of Aesford's new stuff will be based on his role to support everyone else, it would be nice to know how feasible and useful everyone else finds this ability and which characters it would be most useful in tandem with, if any. Seeing all the talk about Status Effects and how Boss characters often have some form of resistance to them, I thought it would be useful to have abilities that do not cause status themselves, but rather prevent them from being afflicted on the PC's. The major downside to this ability is that it is completely defensive.

I'm figuring out ways to replace the following:

Hyperagility (Passive Skill) - 15% flat evasion rate. First of all, it only helps Aesford and no one else, which is contrary to his role. Second, it's only going to be unpowered or overpowered, as right now 15% evasion is really non-significant, but if it gets to something like 33%, it becomes ridiculous.

Efficient Metabolism (Passive Skill) Restore 5% of total HP each round (minimum of 1 HP), can be further boosted with consumption of food. In its default state, overwhelming and isn't going to save Aesford from any big attacks with its paltry restoration rate. The food part has never coming into play and doesn't really need to be a new system. I'm likely replacing this with a skill that makes him more Tanky, to increase his survibability to make Skills such as Block more useful, as well as allowing him to be at the forefront of battle more often to protect more squish teammates.

Determination (Passive Perk) - Just overall underwhelming, Aesford gets +1 to all relevant stats if he's hurt, and +2 if he's really hurt. Doesn't do that much, if Aesford's health is already low, a few bonus points are not a big deal.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #14554 on: April 03, 2016, 10:36:25 am »

I should probably replace Anna's 'Flash' ability with something actually useful. Any suggestions? I'd like for one using her Semblance, but it's not required.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14555 on: April 03, 2016, 10:37:39 am »

Thought of a straightforward and useful Skill to replace one of Aesford's more underwhelming Skills:

Block (Level 1) (Active) - Aesford runs in front of one of his teammates and takes the brunt of their attack. The attack does 50% less damage to Aesford and can not result in any status effects.

Since all of Aesford's new stuff will be based on his role to support everyone else, it would be nice to know how feasible and useful everyone else finds this ability and which characters it would be most useful in tandem with, if any. Seeing all the talk about Status Effects and how Boss characters often have some form of resistance to them, I thought it would be useful to have abilities that do not cause status themselves, but rather prevent them from being afflicted on the PC's. The major downside to this ability is that it is completely defensive.

I'm figuring out ways to replace the following:

Hyperagility (Passive Skill) - 15% flat evasion rate. First of all, it only helps Aesford and no one else, which is contrary to his role. Second, it's only going to be unpowered or overpowered, as right now 15% evasion is really non-significant, but if it gets to something like 33%, it becomes ridiculous.

Efficient Metabolism (Passive Skill) Restore 5% of total HP each round (minimum of 1 HP), can be further boosted with consumption of food. In its default state, overwhelming and isn't going to save Aesford from any big attacks with its paltry restoration rate. The food part has never coming into play and doesn't really need to be a new system. I'm likely replacing this with a skill that makes him more Tanky, to increase his survibability to make Skills such as Block more useful, as well as allowing him to be at the forefront of battle more often to protect more squish teammates.

Determination (Passive Perk) - Just overall underwhelming, Aesford gets +1 to all relevant stats if he's hurt, and +2 if he's really hurt. Doesn't do that much, if Aesford's health is already low, a few bonus points are not a big deal.
Because I know Emp will inevitably say it, basically, go read Yuki's sheet if you want a support-tank, for the tanky stuff.

I should probably replace Anna's 'Flash' ability with something actually useful. Any suggestions? I'd like for one using her Semblance, but it's not required.
What does Flash currently do?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14556 on: April 03, 2016, 10:39:36 am »

It makes enemies confused, and attack each other rather than the party.

The issue is, very few plots have mooks and it's unlikely it would work on bosses or mini-bosses.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14557 on: April 03, 2016, 10:41:04 am »

Well, it depends on the encounter anyway, and it's useful to have, considering that for one, your own plot has mooks. :P

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14558 on: April 03, 2016, 10:42:58 am »

Yeah, but Anna's probably not going on my plot.
Sigtext!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14559 on: April 03, 2016, 10:44:34 am »

IIRC Mio's plot (Bovus/Mus Vertexes), SB's plot (Poes) and Shade's plot (Bulborbs) have had mooks anyway.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14560 on: April 03, 2016, 10:45:57 am »

Wouldn't the Bovus Vertex be immune to status effects since they're some of the big ones?
Sigtext!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14561 on: April 03, 2016, 10:46:43 am »

yeah but the poes weren't statted
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14562 on: April 03, 2016, 10:47:45 am »

Wouldn't the Bovus Vertex be immune to status effects since they're some of the big ones?
Bovus are immune to stuns, but otherwise, not really. They're just glorified elite mooks. :P

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14563 on: April 03, 2016, 10:48:11 am »

Yuki's got some good active Tank Skills, (many of them are similar to Block in one way or another), but I was also thinking of something passive so that while Aesford is using more of his active skills to do damage/protect people, he can shrug off received damage. There's always something like a 20% reduction to all incoming damage or something, but I don't know if that's pushing it.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14564 on: April 03, 2016, 10:49:54 am »

I think that as a perk would be pushing it.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 969 970 [971] 972 973 ... 1328