Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 879 880 [881] 882 883 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 916463 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #13201 on: March 25, 2016, 09:53:54 am »

I was asked by Elf to make equipment and abilities for Victoria's normal, non-magical girl form, so now those are below her sheet. Already was approved by Elf.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13202 on: March 25, 2016, 09:54:52 am »

@Twi and Emp: Don't take Penelope's Combat Expertise skill as Level 1 precedent. I'm going to rebalance Penelope's skills and some of her perks.

@Blitz: save me senpi ;-;

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13203 on: March 25, 2016, 09:55:12 am »

Where ARE all the secondaries' sheets?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13204 on: March 25, 2016, 09:56:23 am »

Sanure added links to that one 'reserved' post that was left.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13205 on: March 25, 2016, 09:56:59 am »

Fixed Contagion. Though I still think Big Boom needs a buff, because it takes a total of 3 turns to pull off.
Definitely. I'd say around 3.5x his base damage as a rough estimate. Because an Aura Charge -> Godhand combo (yes I know those are from different characters, but it is possible to have a character with Actions mechanically identical to both) would double the damage of a hit, and then add 75% of the damage dealt back on as extra damage. The difference being that unlike Aura Charge, the set up Action has more than one use, and Big Boom requires two turns to use.

-snip-
I think you've just diverted the nerf train at your own face there.

help me
i need an adult ;-;
Look at the sheets again and reconsider your ruling. Maybe amplify equipment effects for the tribe, rather than giving them more slots that you need to keep track of.

I am legally an adult.

@Twi and Emp: Don't take Penelope's Combat Expertise skill as Level 1 precedent. I'm going to rebalance Penelope's skills and some of her perks.
Still point is, static stat bonus from Perks is bad :P

Where ARE all the secondaries' sheets?
Post after the Primary Sheets. Seriously consider the four incomplete builds.

Sleepy Empi is sleepy. Night all.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13206 on: March 25, 2016, 09:57:51 am »

i need a real adult, not emp ;-;

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13207 on: March 25, 2016, 09:58:29 am »

oooooooooooohhhhhh
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13208 on: March 25, 2016, 09:58:53 am »

What disqualifies me? Refusing to shitpost? :P
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #13209 on: March 25, 2016, 09:59:32 am »

nite emp

haf nice sleep
What disqualifies me? Refusing to shitpost? :P
no

its enabling alanis' horrible drugoverpoweredness addiction
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13210 on: March 25, 2016, 10:00:54 am »

By the way, the link to Anna's sheet still needs to be updated. I moved it to the post right below Elf's sheets, with Victoria's.
Sigtext!

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #13211 on: March 25, 2016, 10:02:29 am »

Inhuman Strength ought to scale. Bear in mind that the Passive Action, Combat Expertise at Level 1 grants +5 STR in addition to other effects.

Um, are you even allowed to use CON for damage calculations? I mean, it really doesn't matter too much normally for Yamal since her base STR is equal and after bonuses, it's higher, but it's still weird seeing it being used as an attack stat. Maybe if CON-based attacks were weaker, but I can't really tell since all her CON attacks have been paired up with Stun infliction, making it hard to figure out whether or not that is the case. I'd say I was worried it could set an abusable Precedent, but considering how low the stat caps are in this game, and that even if someone maxed out all the stats that normally don't contribute towards damage, they'd still have 8 points left to shove into one of them, that isn't too much of a concern.

Well, as you've said, she's a Durable Damage Dealer that has no actual Tanky Actions but which will hopefully use the threat of Stun to draw aggro. Can't really comment on that seeing as I have no idea whether or not that will work out, really depends on what the hell everyone makes as foes. She is trading damage for Stun though, and if you're just planning on making everything apply Stun, you might as well see if you can replace Inhuman Strength with a Perk that adds Stun to all her Melee Attacks at the cost of lowering their power by a percentage. Because there is the possibility of that Haymaker/Headcracker and Steam Venting without Stun will be more powerful than they are now even with a Perk-based damage penalty.

Oh and, see if you can make Icebreaker grant a damage bonus against foes suffering from Ice-based status effects.

Don't forget her 5 unallocated Action Points.

I'm like 90% sure that there's precedent for stat boosting perks (+str, +dex, etc) to be fixed and not-scaling. Even to the point of being +4.
That's beginning to change. Probably because you can get a +5 with 1.2x damage multiplier to melee from a single Level 1 Passive alone. Only bonuses remaining static are the "bonus points on level up" ones.
Using con for Steam Venting is fluff: do you use Strength to blast people with hot air from the nuclear reactor? :P
Using it for Haymaker/Headcracker is just silly though.

other notes: I'm thinking of supplementing the stun-spam with reducing defense and/or increasing subsequent damage.

Also, I'm thinking of giving her a free basic attack for every time someone she's punching/meleeing takes an action other than meleeing her.

Beat Tresspassers using this one weird tip from a shipgirl! GMs HATE her!

:P

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13212 on: March 25, 2016, 10:03:29 am »

*hefts nerfbat*
yamal is next

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13213 on: March 25, 2016, 10:04:35 am »

Hey, can someone find the Hero Club sheets? I want to look at the tank's sheet.
Sigtext!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13214 on: March 25, 2016, 10:05:25 am »

NPC sheets, now that most of them have been introduced. If there are any errors, blame Sanure; I made him look at these all until his eyes bled and find any errors I made. ;-;

And yes, I got lazy with making them look original. Sue me, I had five of these things to do and the bosses to stat up. Fun fact: The skills on these characters were actually based on my ideas for Mio before I settled on making her punch things to death.
Spoiler: The Medic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Tank (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The DPS (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Nuker (click to show/hide)
And yes, that IS a Mami expy basically hamming it up because why the fuck not. At least the expy thing is justifiable. Somehow.
Pages: 1 ... 879 880 [881] 882 883 ... 1328