Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 822 823 [824] 825 826 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 916686 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #12345 on: March 20, 2016, 05:52:24 pm »

I was looking at my sheet and I just realized that I have no idea whatsoever if the abilities are actually levelled properly.  Argh.

I think they aren't.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 05:55:17 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #12346 on: March 20, 2016, 06:00:59 pm »

I think one of the problems with your armor TBF is that it can stack shells. That suddenly makes Alanis a monster in terms of HP when combined with Arbello and her own shells. Also, maybe make it so that other armor doesn't affect the first shell.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12347 on: March 20, 2016, 06:02:03 pm »

Assuming their levels shown are the base levels and NOT after taking Overarching Power into account, You have spent 9 points, and have 1 Ability Point left to allocate.

Also, you could probably buff Gravity Well since the Wormhole half of it has been removed.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12348 on: March 20, 2016, 06:02:43 pm »

Arbello?

What?

@Empiricist:Yeah, base levels.

Thankye.  I don't know how I ended up with that...

I guess if I drop Gravity Well to 1, because it is, it starts making sense again.

Spellsteal (1): Alanis targets a single foe. Should they use a Magical attack this turn, Alanis rapidly reverse-engineers it and fires her copy of their own spell at them before they themselves have even finished casting. The copied attack is still performed. 1 Turn Cooldown
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 06:09:06 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12349 on: March 20, 2016, 06:07:03 pm »

In that case you'll have 2 Ability Points to spend on upgrades or...

Your problem with crafting is that you're going for too much too early. Test the waters first and upgrade later if you can. Unlike my random OOC badgering of Elf, you've got a bit more of a time-limit of sorts. Start off with just trying say, a single-use enchantment to a bauble or armor that autocasts Kinetic Shell when the wearer hits critical. Then slowly expand out your options, don't just suddenly jump straight to regenerating shielding.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12350 on: March 20, 2016, 06:07:37 pm »

Or noted.
Sigtext

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12351 on: March 20, 2016, 06:09:12 pm »

You'd still have one Ability Point remaining if you drop Gravity Well down to 1 and upgrade Disrupt Magic once.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12352 on: March 20, 2016, 06:09:37 pm »

I'm going to make that a separate ability actually.
Sigtext

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12353 on: March 20, 2016, 06:13:17 pm »

More MMA fights need to happen. No weapons. No magic. Raw skill. Imagine, the most anticipated match of the century as "Glass Body" Alanis faces the rugged "Whimper in the Corner" Sandra THIS SUNDAY.

Damn it. There goes my idea of "Limit Break: Deep Pass for Everyone" :P

Emp redesigns football as we know it: With everyone being a good catcher, all players are now either QB's, Cornerbacks or Wide Recievers. Tackling no longer exist. Every play is just a QB throwing a ball up as far as he can as two dozen people desperately try to catch it.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 06:15:31 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12354 on: March 20, 2016, 06:14:25 pm »

"FIGHT!!!!!!"

*Alanis wanders over and hugs Sandra*

"SUCH ACTION.  MUCH FIGHT.  VERY BIG."
Sigtext

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #12355 on: March 20, 2016, 06:15:09 pm »

I call next fight!
No sig yet

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #12356 on: March 20, 2016, 06:16:13 pm »

sandra op
thincake

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12357 on: March 20, 2016, 06:19:23 pm »

I'm going to make that a separate ability actually.
Probably makes more sense anyway. Current precedents for Spellsteal would be:
Interception which negates an attack outright and counters using only the raw damage, but is harder to use due to having to guess the target rather than the user, since well, there usually aren't that many enemies to choose from as opposed to allies. One turn cooldown. This is a "blind" action wherein the user doesn't know whether it will work or what exactly they'll be countering.
Retaliation which takes all the damage of an attack, multiplies it and unleashes it the following turn at a target of choice. This has no cooldown, but it's really only going to be used once every other turn at most. It does not use the additional attack effects, but has no restrictions. Here the user knows exactly how much of a damage boost they'll be getting.

I'm hoping that the fact it doesn't negate the attack, and that it's "blind" will balance it out enough, but you may have to concede a longer cooldown.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12358 on: March 20, 2016, 06:43:25 pm »

More MMA fights need to happen. No weapons. No magic. Raw skill. Imagine, the most anticipated match of the century as "Glass Body" Alanis faces the rugged "Whimper in the Corner" Sandra THIS SUNDAY.
Shortly after the second-most anticipated match of the century, "Furious Dragon" Eirika against "Thousand Fists" Mio Honda in the never-before-seen ANGRY LESBIAN CAGE MATCH
Black lives matter.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12359 on: March 20, 2016, 06:59:23 pm »

You're still wrong.

bruh
alanis is like 18
she is not sexually appealing to someone 4/3rds her age
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 822 823 [824] 825 826 ... 1328