Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 693 694 [695] 696 697 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 920213 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #10410 on: March 01, 2016, 04:09:02 pm »

..so are both guidances stacking or is that just unfixed
Like with Boxwood's Advise, unfixed for now, but this will be taken into account in future battles.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10411 on: March 01, 2016, 04:10:13 pm »

This is why you should show rolls, though.  So people can check.

Also, no, I thought they would roll for it.

*sigh*

You really need to let us know in advance what will or will not work on bosses...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10412 on: March 01, 2016, 04:11:47 pm »

It makes the whole damn thing messy, though. Unless everyone wants to check their rolls, I won't do it, mainly because it really clutters up my rather nice template ;-;

I'm aware. And this is why you use the rather convenient Sachi scanner right there who keeps talking to you. It's not like I'm not giving you a chance to know, it's that you're not taking it.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10413 on: March 01, 2016, 04:12:35 pm »

Maybe put the rolls in a spoiler, away from the flavor.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #10414 on: March 01, 2016, 04:13:17 pm »

I don't care, although I agree about the "what will and won't work on bosses" thing. It could even be added in as part of Sachi's scans, if you want a reason for us to know it.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10415 on: March 01, 2016, 04:13:55 pm »

It could even be added in as part of Sachi's scans, if you want a reason for us to know it.
And this is why you use the rather convenient Sachi scanner right there who keeps talking to you. It's not like I'm not giving you a chance to know, it's that you're not taking it.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10416 on: March 01, 2016, 04:14:22 pm »

why is this only an issue now, when we've had elf plots without rolls/bosses without explained weaknesses before
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10417 on: March 01, 2016, 04:16:52 pm »

The thing is, Sachi isn't even our characters, we're much less likely to remember to use her, and OOCly, we should really know this stuff in advance so that we don't build characters that turn out completely useless in boss fights (see D&G).  That's separate from weaknesses/immunities that SHOULD be learned ICly.

Stuff that doesn't work because of the [BOSS] tag (meta issues) is a different thing from stuff that doesn't work because of the creature type (IC effects), is I guess my position here.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 04:20:39 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10418 on: March 01, 2016, 04:18:21 pm »

Honestly, the only thing I can think is, if my skills are so OP that you have to make them never work, why let me get them?
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10419 on: March 01, 2016, 04:21:20 pm »

And that, too.  Especially as we only really fight bosses most of the time...
Sigtext

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10420 on: March 01, 2016, 04:22:59 pm »

Honestly, the only thing I can think is, if my skills are so OP that you have to make them never work, why let me get them?
Never work against bosses. Dackly didn't bother fighting the horde of mooks who WEREN'T immune to being petrified or Demi'd, last I saw.

The thing is, Sachi isn't even our characters, we're much less likely to remember to use her, and OOCly, we should really know this stuff in advance so that we don't build characters that turn out completely useless in boss fights (see D&G).  That's separate from weaknesses/immunities that SHOULD be learned ICly.

Stuff that doesn't work because of the [BOSS] tag (meta) is a different thing from stuff that doesn't work because of the creature type (IC), is I guess my position here.
-Really isn't my problem if you don't remember to use Sachi, then. I'm sorry to be harsh, but if you're forgetting to use the convenient tool NPC, then that's not really my problem anymore.
-No, you shouldn't be learning the boss weaknesses. They're not meant to be easy curbstomps, they're meant to be actual fights. Their immunities are in-universe immunities, not because of meta-considerations, though those may align of course.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10421 on: March 01, 2016, 04:26:27 pm »

I never got the opportunity, or Am I missing something?  Wasn't I off with whatever their name was when that happened, with NO way to know it was happening IC?

And don't give me anything about that being optional, because that is still bs that the one mook fight happens after the book muncher leaves.

Also, in game? Bull shit.  Or did I just forget that for some reason, this trespassers reflects Geithner gravity magic specifically, which is a load of shit, or that it reflects all magic, which is a pretty broad total immunity.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 04:29:31 pm by Shadestyle »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10422 on: March 01, 2016, 04:28:34 pm »

Yeah, so that part wasn't my fault then. The problem isn't that Dackly's OP, it's that most of the single-unit bosses are immune to her most powerful abilities. From an IC perspective, this makes sense because most of them, thus far, have been eldritch abominations (Trespasser or Vertex).

From an OOC perspective, it's because a petrified boss or a boss that gets chunked with no real drawback or necessary boosting is boring.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10423 on: March 01, 2016, 04:31:03 pm »

I'm not arguing anything about the bosses themselves or how they're statted, I'm arguing chargen issues.

We should know that x ability is too OP to work on any boss (see:Demi, which seems to have been noped on OOC grounds so far given that other magic has worked just fine) without having to test it on an actual boss first.
Sigtext

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10424 on: March 01, 2016, 04:31:27 pm »

What is so hard to get about telling me that BEFORE I make an attempted special mage?

This isn't new, D&G have been useless FROM THE BEGINNING.

Whatever, sure, you are right, I should have known better.
Pages: 1 ... 693 694 [695] 696 697 ... 1328