Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 923479 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #8040 on: January 24, 2016, 01:10:56 am »

I am, the sheet's just going to take a while. Stats and skills will take even longer.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8041 on: January 24, 2016, 01:14:48 am »

Yay <3
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8042 on: January 24, 2016, 01:48:49 am »

I try to stop it...But they just keep going...

Ironically, by being so dedicated in responding to shitposts in an effort to stop them, you are also one of the top contributors to the shitfest.

Which raises the question of why they were posted in the first place. I mean, as TCM alluded to, these kind of RPs are already viewed as a cesspool of sorts by many, and while I don't really expect the player involved to be off-put by that, it's still not the cheeriest prospect to see them actively wallowing in it.[/rant]

I think one of the worst factors of shitposting in a game in this type of format isn't that it isn't funny or entertaining (which is all up to the highly individual opinion of each person) but that it does clog up the thread. This wouldn't be a problem if nothing in the OOC thread was important, and roughly 95% of it isn't, but there is the fact that the occasional post is important but is obscured under a pile of one-liners and rehashed jokes, so just ignoring the OOC thread entirely and focusing exclusively on IC efforts isn't effective. And while it's not like it's impossible or difficult to find those few vital posts in a sea of garbage posts, it can be obnoxious just by its sheer volume. What I'm saying is that while I don't expect the shitposting to stop, (I certainly hope it doesn't) you can't blame Emp or anyone else to be annoyed by it.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8043 on: January 24, 2016, 01:51:08 am »

I could blame them, but it would be misblaming, and super dumb.
Black lives matter.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8044 on: January 24, 2016, 02:09:54 am »

I would be crying right now if it wasn't for how hilariously the rolls are turning out on the Papyrus vs ENG fight. I'mma have to start fudging some rolls soon.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8045 on: January 24, 2016, 02:13:14 am »

Well, it's more because not many in the group start/join "serious" games, which would get others in the group to start/join similar games. We do stuff like RMA and this. And cesspool is a pretty high-and-mighty term to use, considering the things Bay12 does in its flagship title.

Even if the games aren't serious in nature, it's quite apparent that a lot of player's in these type of games take their notion of fairness (especially when it applies to their characters) pretty damn seriously.

And as the original person who made the comment describing these games as "cesspool", (if there's a less pejorative and more accurate genre to use as a description please let me know) I use it in an amicable manner in the same sense that I would call some of my favorite music "bland popular bullshit" or my favorite anime as "garbage". While DF can be labeled as many things, I wouldn't call it a cesspool in my sense of the word.

I would be crying right now if it wasn't for how hilariously the rolls are turning out on the Papyrus vs ENG fight. I'mma have to start fudging some rolls soon.

*1/24/16 TotM:G Patch - Papyrus nerfed
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8046 on: January 24, 2016, 02:14:08 am »

I have seen 2 natural 20s vs 17s in favor of ENG's opponent so far. It's getting to the point where I am wondering what the heck is going on with the dice.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8047 on: January 24, 2016, 02:32:14 am »

Which raises the question of why they were posted in the first place. I mean, as TCM alluded to, these kind of RPs are already viewed as a cesspool of sorts by many, and while I don't really expect the player involved to be off-put by that, it's still not the cheeriest prospect to see them actively wallowing in it.[/rant]
It makes you wonder what kind of cesspool they think this is if they're on the Bay12 Forums. Least we've never committed genocide, for one. [/rant]

Fully aware TCM was the one who said it, although as this comment alludes to, there are others who think that's God's truth when it comes to these RPs.

Also, this is why ENG needs to git gud
He's getting rekt by Papyrus
PAPYRUS

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8048 on: January 24, 2016, 02:36:55 am »

Fully aware TCM was the one who said it, although as this comment alludes to, there are others who think that's God's truth when it comes to these RPs.
Actually, I didn't even know TCM compared these to one, I found the general dislike from elsewhere :P

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8049 on: January 24, 2016, 02:38:13 am »

I'm aware. Still irks me, though, for various reasons.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8050 on: January 24, 2016, 02:40:25 am »

If it makes you feel any better, my cesspool comparisons are mainly motivated by the fact that what I'm currently in ER literally involves cesspools :P

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8051 on: January 24, 2016, 02:41:13 am »

Those aren't nat 20's That's the total roll plus Bonus for each person.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8052 on: January 24, 2016, 04:31:09 am »

hoo man, plot twist, nobody expected THAT bullshit did they
Black lives matter.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8053 on: January 24, 2016, 04:32:39 am »

"I did," Sanure exitedly raised his hand, "I expected that kind of bullshit!." He would not make it to the morning.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #8054 on: January 24, 2016, 04:33:42 am »

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HOLY SHIT THAT PLOT TWIST!
Eirika confirmed for bad timeline Robin.
Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 1328