Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 917703 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Accepting players.
« Reply #2655 on: November 20, 2015, 03:07:58 pm »

man my luck has been crap recently. how am I getting such low rolls on stuff like getting a job!?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: November 20, 2015, 03:29:53 pm »

I just realized that when this happened:

Ian nods.
"There's also the exercise room. But anything else you can do with people I doubt you'd like to do with anyone else on the ship."
If there were any... implications in that sentence, Anna did not get it.
"There's at least a couple of sane people. Mio comes to mind, and Eirika are fine."
"Sane doesn't equal attractive. To me at least. Before that is.... So glad I got over that before I was 17."

Ian did not question her naming females. Just pointing it out.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: November 20, 2015, 03:37:23 pm »

Hey, however you get your kicks, he's fine with it.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: November 20, 2015, 04:13:45 pm »

Karma for creating a sentient race of Stone Ants?
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: November 20, 2015, 04:25:02 pm »

Is there any way to hedge our bets when crafting so it doesn't catastrophically fail?

Cause mathematically speaking, unless It is done in one single operation, the chances of that Pirate ship being successfully repaired and upgraded I now realize quickly approach 0 if past crit and fails are anything to go by.

Also, how large is the pirate vessel by comparison?
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: November 20, 2015, 04:26:56 pm »

Sum of rolls v. Total difficulty?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: November 20, 2015, 04:30:10 pm »

Nah, i'm talking like if I decide to have ENG or Periw install a radio and they crit fail, blowing up the ship forever, since at any point something like that could happen, regardless of Int.

Maybe a Manual Bauble whose only purpose is to prevent crit fails in that subject?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: November 20, 2015, 04:31:24 pm »

... That is a problem.
I suppose the standing directive of "Abort the operation if things start going wrong"...

Also, I doubt installing a radio is going to make the ship blow up.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: November 20, 2015, 04:36:31 pm »

I doubted that a robot that comes up to my knees would steal all three of my Phazon containers, which are anywhere from 2-500 pounds each, and do so in the span of about 6 minutes while also escaping everyone searching for it, or that one chunk of Phazon irradiated metal made an explosion large enough to breach a pirate vessel, but these things seem to happen.

Crit-fails will kill us long before any amount of tresspassers would.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: November 20, 2015, 04:54:29 pm »

Karma for creating a sentient race of Stone Ants?
but didn't they run off to cause their own problem?
also, that does not explain the bad luck before while I was puzzling out how crystal tech works.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: November 20, 2015, 05:26:40 pm »

Oh, the bad luck on the Gem tech was because of lack of information on it. The more you attempted to understand it the better you started to do until you did something completely different :3

@Shade, Yeah, crit fails destroying something depends on the action that caused the Crit fail. If you install a radio, it might crit fail and destroy the radio only. As where installing reactor could crit fail and kill you and the area around you

Also, Repair work is cumulative rolls versus a Large Target number.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: November 20, 2015, 05:41:25 pm »

Oh, the bad luck on the Gem tech was because of lack of information on it. The more you attempted to understand it the better you started to do until you did something completely different :3
Suuure, and all those repeat 4s on a D 20 when I was trying to install a interface were my imagination.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: November 20, 2015, 05:59:46 pm »

How do ultimate techniques work?  do they just have stipulations? I had an idea for next level's skill, but I want to make sure it is actually an ult of sorts.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: November 20, 2015, 06:02:11 pm »

Where did like half the players go...?
Sigtext

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: November 20, 2015, 06:03:20 pm »

Lost interest?
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 1328