Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 1220 1221 [1222] 1223 1224 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 920792 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Ah. That explains it. Summoning rework.

We'll do it after my exams.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

idou salt is real
originally I was going to go with Simuna, but
having someone who can react eventually trumped out shipping/actual relationships, not that it turned out well anyways
sorry slacker, mistakes were made
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 08:35:23 am by Twi »

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile

yamal is found dead the next morning, with copious amounts of ripple poured down her throat
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

is that what they're calling it these days?

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i can't say anything about idou's sword, no, kendo stick, no, weapon, no, method of beating people up without making it sound like a euphemism
so i went with ripple
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile

Method of beating people up?.. lewd
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

another reason for female idou to exist
carrot cakeu

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

this is anime you fool
I don't need to tell you why that wouldn't help
thincake

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

Wilson secretly building a Plasma Pistol of +5 Conidence When Talking To Attractive Women
Black lives matter.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

this is anime you fool
I don't need to tell you why that wouldn't help
lets not get into such things, friend
carrot cakeu

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

Wilson secretly building a Plasma Pistol of +5 Conidence When Talking To Half The Party
typo
Black lives matter.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think now is the time that I will step in and play my part in the Balance-Meta of this game. As it has been since inception, one of the most recurring problems in this game in regards to balance is not that characters are broken, but that they are broken, yet get approved by the GM's and these same characters become problematic once they attempt to use their abilities in a plot, which then results in whomever is a current GM stomping their foot down down and negating or even punishing that character, leading to a whole lot of OOC fuss that even tends to carry itself back into the IC and effects the flow of the game and the relationship of the characters.

This isn't to the fault of San and Elf, as their system which combines hard rules with player freedom will inevitably lead to situations in which characters who appear to be balanced on paper and in theory end up being broken in practice. You see this happening in video games produced by corporations with millions of dollars and playtesting staff in the dozens if not hundred, and oftentimes these same corporations have to add nerfs and buffs in the context of their games post-release.

So when Aesford returns to the ship, he is going to bring back a training device made through cutting-edge NFL technology but also adjustable to fit the need of any consumer: The Holo-Trainer 5000. The Holo-Trainer, originally made for football players to train against their opponents without even having to look at them, will function for the player characters by spawning an assortment of pre-made but adaptable enemies who are tailored to be as generic as possible in order to simulate the "average" enemy. Generally, they will lack many special qualities but at the same time have enough abilities and effects to see the interactions between characters and future opponents. Everything about the Holo-Trainer is adjustable so the type of enemy, their level, their behavior, their goal, etc. can all be manipulated. This provides a platform for players to test out new or refined characters and their abilities in an environment which doesn't effect the plot but also catches problematic abilities before they become large IC/OOC issues (or even unpowered abilities for that matter) and allows for adjustments to be discussed and made before the character is sent away on a plot.
Examples of such enemies include:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is an example of a very basic training program, whereas other programs would be more specialized to appear as another type of enemy such as a mage, a ranged-based program, a counter-hitter, a tank, etc. Besides testing out the power of a character's abilities, it would also serve the function of testing out "what happens if I used X ability or X fighting style against Y type of opponent?"

I haven't actually told anyone about this yet, and I don't see any harm in having it beyond people getting so caught up in cool customizable hologram fights that they ignore the actually plots going on; hopefully this doesn't happen.

Thoughts, especially from the venerable Elf and Sanure?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

k
carrot cakeu

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile

I love the idea, I have tons of THEORIES on how my abilities function, but the battle I am in now is the first real test of the Donchaka's Capabilities, I suppose the holograms are good for people to self-check for anything OP?

If I remember correctly, there are several guideline numbers related to how much damage the average player should be doing after RES, so on and so forth.

I mean...

Donchaka can Theoretically gain a maximum of around 1400 RES and a minimum of around 200 if they blow 10 Fever and are at max health and don't make any Crit Fails and use up a turn with the Hold-Tight hoedown.

Though unless all they do is party, this is about 8 turns into the fight with no health lost and no failed actions, as they have 8 fever per sucessful turn and have to build up 57 Fever without critfailing followed by a normal failed action, or failed actions in general, and their fever is limited to half their CURRENT health, so they get weaker statwise the more damage they take.

Maybe add a scanner item that can be used to copy an enemy into the system, that has to be bought per use?
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

If she's a squid girl, why doesn't she just squeeze out of the crab dude's grip?

... It's a good thing Ian isn't on that mission.
Pages: 1 ... 1220 1221 [1222] 1223 1224 ... 1328