Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 1219 1220 [1221] 1222 1223 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 920690 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile

doubt hostility from either side is going to help much

I was using a mix of sarcasm and seriousness :/ No hostilities here, just that it's literally the same thing as the first time I complained. IT's far to strong :/
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

It was approved, IIRC. 6AR just used it on the wrong person.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

As I see it, you're trying to more or less negate the consequences of a fuck-up with mechanics. It would've happened regardless of whoever pissed Kyoko off. 6AR was the one who did it, so he gets the slaps. Had Asuka done it, she would've taken the slaps. As would have Haruka
and everyone else.

If you want to keep accusing me of vindictiveness, go ahead. I stick by my claims and tell you to cool off somewhere.

Preemptive strikes aren't a thing. As I said, had nobody pissed her off, she wouldn't even have struck.
Yes, I am trying to apply mechanics, when the fight is clearly within the mechanics.

So if a preemptive strike isn't a thing how is she doing it.

Oh well.  It works out roughly the same in the end, although I'm still rather ticked off about it.

Oh hey, wanna know what I'm ticked off about? This~:

Parry Dodge Block (Passive) (3): At the start of the battle, gain (ability) DEX temp-HP before RES, which regenerates at DEX/2 per turn.

That's 11 Temp-HP a turn. (better than most people's regen) and (Ability)DEX Temp HP... which If I'm right, is 3x22=66 HP? Which, I might add, does not a nerf make.
It takes damage BEFORE RES is applied, so it's significantly less effective than it looks.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 02:24:17 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

If I were to make a suggestion: (DEX/2)(Ability) with no regen, since starting the battle with 33 bonus HP that doesn't regen is still a significant boost but much more balanced, or simply have him regen [Ability] in a round

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If I were to make a suggestion: (DEX/2)(Ability) with no regen, since starting the battle with 33 bonus HP that doesn't regen is still a significant boost but much more balanced, or simply have him regen [Ability] in a round

The former would be best honestly. The latter would be mildly acceptable as well.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait, why do they still even anything have that? I mean, wasn't it either gong to be removed completely to make way for different stuff unrelated to durability, or just swapped out for Graceful Dodging?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because 6AR fucked up, more or less. As I said, ANYONE would have taken those preemptive slaps.

I was considering including Pre-empting as a game mechanic after that turn, but seeing the shitstorm, I think I'd rather leave it to the SMT plot.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No one's complaining about Pre-Empting. Fish is just accusing you of purposely trying to kill his character. Everyone else is just, I dunno, watching, I guess?

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait, why do they still even anything have that? I mean, wasn't it either gong to be removed completely to make way for different stuff unrelated to durability, or just swapped out for Graceful Dodging?

*shrugs*

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

The former would be best honestly. The latter would be mildly acceptable as well.
Taking the latter, then.  After this battle.

Because 6AR fucked up, more or less. As I said, ANYONE would have taken those preemptive slaps.

I was considering including Pre-empting as a game mechanic after that turn, but seeing the shitstorm, I think I'd rather leave it to the SMT plot.
And I reiterate that coming up with new mechanics and then saying that because you didn't say anything about those mechanics in your ability that was written prior to the introduction of the mechanics that you get to ignore the ability is kind of BS.  That is the problem I'm having with this.  If you had said anything in advance, it would not have been as much of a problem.

I think it's an interesting mechanic, especially for actually countering stuff, but it still came out of nowhere.

And then Empiricist noticed that Alanis's sheet, a far more egregious example of messed up, was still there despite TBF offering an alternative.  It's the GMs not actually ever approving replacements that keeps letting this happen...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile

jesus
un-saltify yourself
you're talking about yourself in the second person
don't tell me you're an alt
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Except I hadn't considered doing it until AFTER I'd written it in. Doesn't matter now, anyway.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Lack of communication is a two-way street in this instance. If you were willing to civilly discuss balance changes instead of getting into long, ranting arguments and sticking solutions in the middle of these walls of rage, it would probably be much easier to get them approved.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We did approve it, somewhere. I think.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fish, Alanis' replacement sheet wasn't approved (as far as I know) because it depends on a system that still has yet to be finished. And it's a rather iffy sheet at that.

Seriously, just stop posting for a bit and calm the hell down, give Elf time to chill as well. Wait I dunno, half an hour or so, before Elf just boots you from the game or something in a fit of rage.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 02:43:15 am by Empiricist »
Pages: 1 ... 1219 1220 [1221] 1222 1223 ... 1328