Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 1203 1204 [1205] 1206 1207 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 920737 times)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile

Well, obviously if I even got the chance, both me and my friendly critter would despise using the ability, and refuse to leave an area without turning everything back, making puzzles harder for them.  And in game, Angry, Emotionally Unstable, Magical, and Powerful creatures are Immune to the bell 100% no exceptions.

You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Define "monsterperson". As in, are giant black obsidian rods just going to impale people and turn them into monochromatic flame beings? Or more along the times of someone progressively experiencing unexplained growth and atrophy of various tissues that results in them turning into something resembling Frankenstein's monster?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile

Monstergirls Emp, you know this thread too well for it to be much else.

Unless i completely misread this.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What, you mean like those threads PrivateNomad and Elf ran a while back? Just random creatures from folklore?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

Yeah. Monstergrills. Random creatures from folklore. The popular shit that people want to play as. I was using monsterperson to signify that they can be male as well as female. So no obsidian rods impaling folks, but slowly turning into Frankenstein's monster is a possiblity. If the player want to turn into that kind of creature specifically. Anything goes, more or less. Except elves. Fuck the elves. They are not monstery enough to work.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do enemies have any formalized classifications, such as "cannon fodder" and "boss"?

Considering having a limit break focused on damaging enemies summoned by (mini)bosses and temporarily preventing others from being summoned.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 06:30:31 am by Empiricist »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Check the Bestiary, although I think I have to come up with them myself, mostly.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are Minion, Encounter, Miniboss and Boss the only classes?

Would a limit break that unlocks after five turns and temporarily prevents additional Minion and Encounter enemies from joining the battle be allowed?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Pretty much.

Maybe?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

-snip-

If it's going to be a puzzle game, there should be a system for hints so it doesn't stall. Like, a hint gives you decreased rewards, or makes the transformation progress, but you get the hint.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyone have ideas for what to name Kurosawa's god? It's meant to be a serpentine shinto god that assimilated some Christian influences. Preferably not Steve, or Bitey the Murder Snake.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile

jesus the snake
snake-iel
run "serpent messiah" through google translate
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I meant more the themes of penance and rebirth, not so much the Jesus and messiah bits.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile

rebirth,
did i just hear the phrase "ouroboros spelled using katakana and then attaching a "no mikoto" to the end"
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

If it's going to be a puzzle game, there should be a system for hints so it doesn't stall. Like, a hint gives you decreased rewards, or makes the transformation progress, but you get the hint.

Sounds like a great idea to me. I'll try to keep that in mind when designing things.
Pages: 1 ... 1203 1204 [1205] 1206 1207 ... 1328